PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone dabble in Wedgewood/Minton Dinnerware?

S.V. Airlie
05-24-2007, 03:37 PM
early 20th century...
I have checked.. I've got full sets.. for 8-14 place total.each. don't want to um... well.
Any help would be appreciated.. Don't want to basically give them away or umm throw them out either...
Tried the internet.. can't find anything similar...to compare....I don't want to be screwed again so to speak.. I know they are worth more than a dollar...a plate..So.. anyone have any knowledge, I'd appreciate hearing from you...

pss.. not looking to sell them to anyone here.. Not an ad... so to speak.

essaunders
05-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Try http://www.replacements.com. They might buy it..

S.V. Airlie
05-24-2007, 04:14 PM
thanks essaunders... A bit far and shipping.. some may be broken. I just want an idea so that if I take a bunch to the quasi antique dealers around here,, they won't bleed me to death with a very low offer...
I can and will negotiate but a little amunition would be good knowing the market...beforehand......

mmd
05-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah; a bit, in that we have some of a particular pattern & would like to complete & add to the set. What pattern do you have?

S.V. Airlie
05-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Micheal.. I pm'd you...

I spent two hours last night trying to find the style.. I googled everything possible/imaginable... Just a no go...

Still looking for thoughts..

Again, if I take them down the street to one of the quasi antique dealers, the only fair price will be what they think is a fair price.. then they will double that when they sell them..:rolleyes:

ssor
05-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Jamie , At the risk of the obvious I googled Wedgewood dinner ware and clicked on Replacements Inc. They have a long list of style numbers and clicking those brings up a picture of the pattern.
http://www.replacements.com/china/WW.htm?s1=kx&724&

rbgarr
05-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Jamie- Did you search Ebay? You may find a sample of yours there.

S.V. Airlie
05-25-2007, 09:02 AM
ssor.. A lot of patterns.. to go through one by one even knocking out the obvious.. I e-mailed them and asked.. Will see if they respond..

Dave.. I went through all of the ebay stuff.. Nothing similar.. I sensed most of the ebay stuff was less than 50 yrs old...

Thanks for the suggestions.

rbgarr
05-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Email Sotheby's or Christie's with a picture. They may have an expert on the stuff.

ssor
05-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Jamie, I just checked the backs of several Wedgewood pieces. Some of the pieces in a pattern have the pattern name on them and some don't. Cups don't but the saucers do.

S.V. Airlie
05-25-2007, 11:27 AM
naw.. mine don't. First thing I did... LOL check the back!!!:rolleyes:
It has Wedgewood and the NYC dealer/seller on the back, no indication of pattern, no number.
Oh, well, I'll just pack them up..
I just figured with umm 15,000 members someone might have an idea.. No biggie in the long run... Just another 5-6 boxes I have to pack.

ssor
05-25-2007, 11:33 AM
The backs should have The wedgewood name and beneath that Bone China and beneath that made in England on some of my pieces there follows the pattern name. Could it be that yours were made under a special commision from the dealer?

S.V. Airlie
05-25-2007, 12:19 PM
That's what I think.. Everything listed, as you wrote, but the pattern type or Number. And there is a dealer name... I checked on the internet to see if the dealer still existed.. nope... NYC! Must have sold Salsa too.
So will be packing them up... I guess.

ssor
05-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Anyway they are nice tableware. Just use them for everyday dishes and enjoy.

Tom Robb
05-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Have you tried communicating w/ the Wedgewood company. It's hard to imagine that they wouldn't have chapter and verse on the stuff.

S.V. Airlie
05-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I sent them an -email beginning of the week.. Have not heard back...
So, yes..
No biggie...:rolleyes: