PDA

View Full Version : Unique home remedies ...

brad9798
05-23-2007, 09:12 AM
AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. If you are choking on an ice cube simply pour a cup of boiling
water down your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly remove itself.

2. Avoid cutting yourself slicing vegetables by getting someone
else to hold while you chop.

3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by
using the sink.

4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed
for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.

5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent
you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then
you will be afraid to cough.

7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the ducttape.

paladin
05-23-2007, 10:56 AM
ya gotta be carefil with the duct tape.......the crap they sell at home despot and ace hardware store is thin with low tear strength......the really good stuff is heavy and in Alaska is called "100 mph tape".....if you tear the fabric on the tail feathers, fuselage or wings of your aircraft you can use the good stuff to patch the plane and fly it out....about 1976 I flew an aircraft that had crashed 2 years before in the Aleutians.....patched it..repaired fuel lines, no battery.....taped wings.......used armstrong starter and flew it to anchorage for the salvage.....

Mrleft8
05-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Funny about that tape thing.... My sister was in Mexico flying from Mexico city to some regional airport on AeroMaybego (AKA AeroMexico)... They were on the runway lined up when suddenly a maintenance truck pulls up, extends it's bucket boom with a guy in a jump suit up to the wing. Guy jumps onto the wing and proceeds to start taping fairly large areas of the wing.... "Makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy..." she said when she got home.

hokiefan
05-23-2007, 12:16 PM
AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. If you are choking on an ice cube simply pour a cup of boiling
water down your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly remove itself.

2. Avoid cutting yourself slicing vegetables by getting someone
else to hold while you chop.

3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by
using the sink.

4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed
for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.

5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent
you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then
you will be afraid to cough.

7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the ducttape.

This reminds me of a summer job I had as a mechanic's helper in a paper mill. Great job for someone studying to be a Mechanical Engineer. Anyway one of the jobs we did one day required one of us to hold this big chisel and the other to hit it with a sledge hammer. Not just tap it, but HIT it. After holding for a while with my mechanic hitting square blows one after the other, he said "Time for me to hold awhile." My first swing was square, the next glanced off, fortunately away from his arms. I stopped, handed him the sledge, and said "I'll hold." He just laughed and went back to work.

Bobby

Spin_Drift
05-24-2007, 02:06 AM
If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough.

Very funny... But remember NEVER to take laxatives and sleeping pills the same night... :eek: :D

stevebaby
05-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Very funny... But remember NEVER to take laxatives and sleeping pills the same night... :eek: :D
...unless you want to sleep like a baby.

huisjen
05-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Hold the chisel with big pliers, hands well away from the strike zone. If that won't work, bore a hole for the chisel through the end of a 4x4.

Just like holding small brads with needlenose pliers when starting them.

Dan

hokiefan
05-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Hold the chisel with big pliers, hands well away from the strike zone. If that won't work, bore a hole for the chisel through the end of a 4x4.

Just like holding small brads with needlenose pliers when starting them.

Dan

Yeah, I thought of that... later that afternoon. Fortunately the mechanic was good at what he did. Learned a tremendous amount from that guy. He was lazy enough to be quite happy sitting on a bucket talking me through the job. I was like a sponge and wanted to be able to do the work. I didn't want to be just another "Dumb a$$ schoolboy." Great, great job. Now I know enough to be dangerous in the plant. I try to remember that I only started to learn to be a mechanic, that these guys really know what the're doing. But it does help keep the BS meter tuned up.

Boyles, I did that to myself when I was about 15. The mower wouldn't start, so I pulled off the spark plug wire to see if I was getting a spark. Well the next pull the thing started up, but with the spark plug wire sitting about 1/8" from the end of the plug and arcing over. So I reached down to put the terminal (naked in those days) on the plug, and got popped. The way I was squatting down I got knocked on my but. Dad came out of the house laughing and asking if I was OK. Somehow I don't think I have a need to pass that on to my son. But then he hasn't become a know everything teenager yet. I may change my mind by then.:p

Bobby

Spin_Drift
05-24-2007, 12:33 PM
...You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the ducttape.

...ya gotta be carefil with the duct tape.......the crap they sell at home despot and ace hardware store is thin with low tear strength......the really good stuff is heavy and in Alaska is called "100 mph tape"....Here is a link to some crazy duckt tapings ...:D :eek: :D Pretty strong tape... http://www.ducttapeguys.com/walltapings/index.html