Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sawcutmill
    • Nov 2000

Ignore B&D

For awhile now I have put certain users on Ignore, YOU all should do the same, as they seem (B & D ) to inflame everybody, including me who does alot of lurking, reading and perusing.I was glad to not have to read their responses to Brad, or JoCSOH, or others who have been flamed, use the IGNORE, and sleep easier......
  • Mrleft8
    Banned
    • Feb 2000

Reminds me of the little signs people put on their front lawns telling me to vote for/against the town budget (etc.). I just get this visceral reaction to do the opposite.
    I appreciate what you are saying, but really dislike being told what I SHOULD do....

Comment

• Peter Malcolm Jardine
      • Aug 2002

Maybe one should consider that Brad is under considerable stress at the moment, as Joe was at the time... but then who am I to tell someone what to do..
      Wooden boats are like shingles, recurring, and often painful.

Comment

• geeman
        • May 2003

Having BEEN THRU such stress myself years ago, as have several here I can relate to his words.I hate the thought of any body having to go thru such.
        Then to read comments from a few that probably HAVENT been thru it, galls me.
        My contribution here is,
        If you have no helpful comments to add in such threads ,dont add any at all.
        Particularly the very young (that as most of the young do) THINK they know what their talking about but have no clue,because their not old enough yet, should back off and shut up until they Do KNOW what their talking about.

Comment

• paladin
          Senior Senior Member
          • Dec 2000

or...if'n ya dunno got nuthin' nice to say, dunno say nuthin'......
          Wakan Tanka Kici Un
          ..a bad day sailing is a heckuva lot better than the best day at work.....
          Fighting Illegal immigration since 1492....
          Live your life so that whenever you lose, you're ahead."
          "If you live life right, death is a joke as far as fear is concerned."

Comment

• JimD
            Senior Mumbler
            • Feb 2002

If I ignored everyone around here I can't stand I'd only have about three people left to talk to.
            There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• ishmael
              Banned
              • Jun 2000

Who, or what, is B&D?

I've yet to employ the ignore function. I figure I can do that just fine by myself, without a machine in the middle.

Comment

• pipefitter
                • Mar 2005

Flame and be flamed. Is the ignore function a tool to help control certain things that someone's mind cannot? The bilge sets the stage by default of it's topics. Out of 10,000 or so users,a select few have made it their stomping grounds and place to aire all of their laundry and should expect the same response as if they shouted it from the steps of city hall. Why it is expected that some should be ignored while others are not,just shows favoritisms to a certain click and being judgemental of others who may have viable reasons for their replies.
                Last edited by pipefitter; 05-20-2007, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Cuyahoga Chuck
                  # 7727
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sawcutmill
                  For awhile now I have put certain users on Ignore, YOU all should do the same, as they seem (B & D ) to inflame everybody, including me who does alot of lurking, reading and perusing.I was glad to not have to read their responses to Brad, or JoCSOH, or others who have been flamed, use the IGNORE, and sleep easier......
                  You need an editor. My 6th grade nun would have had you by the ear for half an hour for submitting an essay where there is so little clue to what you are ranting about. Next time don't hit the "enter" button until you have re-read your prose at least 6 times.

Comment

• stevebaby
                    • Feb 2006

Beat me, whip me...make me read posts in the Bilge.
                    For those who've come across the seas
                    We've boundless plains to share;

I refer you to the reply given in the matter of Arkell v. Pressdram.

Comment

• S/V Laura Ellen
                      Neither Fair nor Balanced
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ishmael
                      Who, or what, is B&D?

I've yet to employ the ignore function. I figure I can do that just fine by myself, without a machine in the middle.

That would be Bob and Doug McKenzie, from the great White North.

Take off you hosers, ehh.
                      Allan of the Grove
                      "never send a ferret to do a weasel's job.."

Comment

• sawcutmill
                        • Nov 2000

"You need an editor. My 6th grade nun would have had you by the ear for half an hour for submitting an essay where there is so little clue to what you are ranting about. Next time don't hit the "enter" button until you have re-read your prose at least 6 times"
                        Thanks MOM

Comment

Working...