PDA

View Full Version : Operable windshield gasket

david quillin
03-28-2005, 09:37 PM
As a newcomer to this forum, I would like to say what an amazing resource! I got such good response to my last inquiry, I am hoping this one will be the same.

I need to find a way to weatherproof the seam between the windshield frame and cabin face it lays against. The windshield frame overlaps the cabin face about 3/4" all the way around, is hinged at the top, and opens out. As a temporary measure I used self-adhesive door weatherstripping, but I need something more permanent, effective, and elegant. It can only be about 1/8"-1/4" thick so the windshield can lay parallel to the cabin face. Something along the lines of a rubber gasket, embedded in a rabbeted groove? Is there such a product? Anything you all know of made for this application?

If you read my previous question posted here regarding the amount of spray my bow throws up, you'll know why this is important.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Canoeyawl
03-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Try this...
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=132 13

david quillin
03-29-2005, 08:47 AM
The link goes to a discontinued page, perhaps because product is discontinued. Ain't that always the way... Any other ideas, or other ways I can find that product?

Canoeyawl
03-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Type this number into the search function on the west marine site, It is not dicontinued...178916 - Taylor is the mfg., it is a D shaped gasket material for windows etc.