PDA

View Full Version : Shop door bit the dust

cs
04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
I should have known that Sunday wasn't going to be a good day. Right before I was headed out to the lake I went out to the shop to get some stuff.

Now the shop's entrance is an old garage door. When I went to open it I heard a crash and a bang. I lifted my head up to look into the shop and what I say was glass everywhere and a busted spring.

The spring on the door busted off and knocked out my overhead light and now I can't get the shop door open. I'm thinking that I will take the garage door off and build a set of barn type doors. This will make getting in and out of the shop much easier.

Chad

Paul Girouard
04-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Isn't that you looking for swing out shop doors awhile back?

Nah thats was Clinton Chase, Chad's lookin for some Facia board though:D

Mrleft8
04-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I'd suggest sliders. Swing out doors are hell on both those days you guys get snow, and having to move the truck back 16" every time you need to get inside might prove irritating....

willmarsh3
04-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Hmm... that sounds real familiar. A month ago, my girlfriend's garage busted a spring and she couldn't get it open. I got the call at work and drove back to help get her car out. She bought two new springs from Lewters. As I was installing one new spring the other side spring busted. So I got the other spring in and it was good to go.
But side opening barn style doors would be neat - and no springs to break. :)

Stiletto
04-26-2007, 12:35 AM
How much snow does Tennessee get?

Paul Girouard
04-26-2007, 08:37 AM

What with global warming they get 6" to12" every two or three years :D

You'll notice Lefty smart arse comment :rolleyes: :D had the word "Both" snow days :rolleyes:

Ya gotta watch ole Lefty, he'll slip a lil joke in on ya ;)

Of cousre with southerns a lil snow goes a long way , they'll slip and slide for week on a inch of the white stuff. Even after it melts away , residual effects I think:D

davidagage
04-26-2007, 08:45 AM

that it snowed in TN this year...

Claudia was sooo excited

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p274b55ac88113c7e52eb6532db1f0269/eb2db945.jpg

geeman
04-26-2007, 08:51 AM
I cant say for the rest of the state but we're not getting the huge snows we used to get here in the Smoky's.The last few years when we did get snow it wasnt that bad.Global warming? I dont know, but the last few winters have not ( to me) been as cold,or as tough to get thru.Thats not to say it isnt tough here, it is,winter here in rural areas can be life threatening.I have been forced to have the reserves come in and bring me heating oil,because we ran out .Their vehicles were the only vehicles that could get thru the snow that year('93).The snow plows were left on the side of the road BECAUSE THEY WERE STUCK.Choppers were brought in to drop emergency supplies to the vacationers trapped up on the mtn in Gatlinburg.We had no power for 5 days,and couldnt get out to get anywhere else.We were simply stuck.With no power meant no pump ,so no water.We melted snow in the bath tubs to get enough water to flush the toilets with.
My wife cooked on the grill on the front porch so we could get a hot meal.My wife's deoderant froze sitting on her dresser.
I dont miss those kinds of storms.