PDA

View Full Version : Getting struck by lightning

Tar Devil
04-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Struck by lightning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUUOdO6eEZA&mode=related&search=)

Mrleft8
04-25-2007, 01:12 PM
BAH! Sissies were in their car! I got struck by lightning on semi-solid ground in my sneakers!

Mrleft8
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Semi-solid ground would be the soggy ground on the edge of a lake, and if you're standing "on" it, it's prolly "in" your sneakers too.... :D

davidagage
04-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I got struck by lightning on semi-solid ground in my sneakers!

That explains everythinghttp://home.cinci.rr.com/debpres/icons/nut.gif

Tar Devil
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Where you been David??

Oh yeah, I remember! :D

davidagage
04-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Where you been David??

Oh yeah, I remember! :D

well, you know...;)

KNOCKABOUT
04-25-2007, 04:05 PM
I got zinged when I was in the eigth grade. Was walking across a soccer field after a storm carrying a stick the size of a small tree. What a moron. Oddly enough we were studying lightning in science class, so I had something to share Monday morning... I can remember it like it happened only a moment ago.

Mrleft8
04-25-2007, 05:27 PM
I got blown out of my sneaks, and ended up face down in the lake.....Good thing there were a dozen other guys there to pull my smokin' carcass out of the drink..... My entire body felt like it had a Charlie horse for about 3 days.... On the plus side..... I can pretty much expect never to get hit again.....:D

KNOCKABOUT
04-25-2007, 05:41 PM
I remember the hairs on the back of my neck standing straight out. And that very bizarre human premonition of "uh oh........." just before.... CRACK!

hansp77
04-25-2007, 08:23 PM
I think I posted it in another thread.

I was having a bath and reached for the tap just as lightning struck outside the window. A thick coil of blue electricity cam straight through the tap, coiled around my boody down my leg and out the plug hole.

Rather invigorating.

When we were kids, in tropical QLD lightning storms, lightning struck just outside me and my sisters room- it came through the window as sheet lighting filling the room horizontally and hovered about a couple of feet above our beds for 3 or 4 seconds. For us it didn't sound too noisy, but a few seconds later our parents came running in expecting to find their children crushed by a jumbo engine or something.

I still love lightning.

Phillip Allen
04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
BAH! Sissies were in their car! I got struck by lightning on semi-solid ground in my sneakers!

For me it was leaning against the aluminum sided house staying out of the rain...hit the house and blasted me and another guy about 12 feet into the yard...via summersault

geeman
04-25-2007, 09:32 PM
I remember when I was about 7.We had a storm ,and for some reason lightning used to enter the house in the kitchen and dance from end to end on the kitchen counter.It had metal counter railing and it would do its thing every once in a while.
I only witnessed it one time ,at night,So after that if anybody wanted something from the kitchen during a storm, it wasnt me that went and got it,,,,,,,,,

skuthorp
04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Was standing on a wet concrete floor in a dairy, in wet gumboots. Storm outside and lightning hit the roof. Blue flames round the door and windows, across the floor and up my boots. A big jolt, all my joints contracted and I fell over. Felt it for a day or so, close enough!

ishmael
04-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Have ya heard about the fellows struck multiple times? Not X files, and kinda weird.

From what I've heard a vehicle is pretty safe, but not if the accompanying tornadoes are there. A big tornado and nothing but a reinforced concrete shelter is safe.

Lightning strikes. They do kinda wake you up.

S.V. Airlie
04-26-2007, 06:00 AM
My great uncle was struck by lightning on the ninth hole.

Last game of golf he ever played...:eek: