PDA

View Full Version : No kidding Sherlock.

S.V. Airlie
04-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Calling for chance of rain this afternoon...:eek: It's raining cats and dogs NOW.. I mean.. a chance...:rolleyes:

botebum
04-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Seems like they give those weatherboys all the tools of the trade...except a window.

Doug

Paul Pless
04-15-2007, 09:29 AM
weatherman rant:mad: :mad: :mad:

Seems like all the local network affiliates have newfangled radar. Its nothing at all different than what's available on the web. But those effing mofos will preempt regularly scheduled programing in a heart beat to narate a rain squall's progress across the state (zooming in on each intersection along the way). WTF!!! You know, I can understand a crawl on the bottom of the screen or maybe a window in one corner, but this crap is just too much.:mad: :mad:

Thank god its not football season, like to see them try this crap during an Alabama or Auburn game.

Paul Girouard
04-15-2007, 09:34 AM
We had a weather guy around here he was quite funny , he retired from broadcasting to go teach weathermen. On his last broadcast he gave a few tips , one was for the weather dude to go out on the porch just before the show , so he really knew IF it was raining / snowing / what the current condition REALLY are / where.

He also had really bad hair , stuck up , looked like a wig . So he grabbed his hair and shook it / pull on it and said "There see , it's real!!"

He was a good weather guy , hated to see him go :( Being a remodeler you always want a good / accurate :rolleyes: weather forcast:cool:

Dave Torshia (sp) any of you PNW guys remember him ?

S.V. Airlie
04-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Paul.. Weather folks are hired for their looks not because of any knowledge. I see some of them look a t a map of the US and look confused as if they are thinking, " what the heck is that!".

Paul Pless
04-15-2007, 09:37 AM
and then there's this dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1bCMWLFKWo

paladin
04-15-2007, 11:22 AM
I have a scanning funtion on my communications receiver....it hops between a couple of frequencies that I monitor and the maritime weather channel......rarely does it correspond with the tv news/weather.....and it usually is correct..

capnharv
04-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm not sure how to spell it either.

He did have a non stop bad hair day.

I find I don't watch weather on TV anymore. It's easier for me to go to the NOAA or NWS web pages for the same information without the hype.

Harvey

Paul Girouard
04-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure how to spell it either.

He did have a non stop bad hair day.

I find I don't watch weather on TV anymore. It's easier for me to go to the NOAA or NWS web pages for the same information without the hype.

Harvey

I have the TV on when eating breakfast but ya if I want up to date / hour I go to a local web site and local / local radar, you know those city slickers don't give us much press out here in the wilds of Whidbey , and Seattle weather is generally not the weather we get, so I here ya . Dave was pretty good in his day with what he had to work with for equipment , Ole Harry Wampler was way better than his kid Andy:rolleyes: Andy should call his Dad and ask him " Hey Harry!!! Whats the weather gonna be like?" He'd more than likely have a better chance of gettin er right:D