PDA

View Full Version : I havent left

Wild Dingo
04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Contrary to reports recently recieved I havent left nor have I disintergrated nor even disappeared :cool:

and for the record I am still bloody well awake too!! :o

botebum
04-14-2007, 01:29 PM
And I won't get in your way, but I'll be proud to help you get to it. Go on Shane, grab the ring!

Doug

Wild Dingo
04-14-2007, 01:31 PM
What friggin ring?? :eek: man sometimes yous blokes worry me ;)

botebum
04-14-2007, 01:36 PM
The brass ring, the prize, the glory! The 1,000,000th! Go get it! I'm fer ya but ya better make it deep and meaningful or I'll have Possumpoop poke ya in the butt with a stick.

Doug

Wild Dingo
04-14-2007, 01:38 PM
oooooooohhh duh eh? damn its 2.30AM here no wonder Im duhhing all over the place!!

Man Im gonna be not worth the knowing when I wake up!! :eek:

Tom Hunter
04-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Shane,

They called me up, I think because you can find me pretty quick in Marblehead by calling the phone companies information line, and told me they would like to give you a free sail. This was after you posted the painting of Fritha. I'm disorganized, so I did not pass the word on right away.

Here is thier flier, I am cutting and pasting it into here, if you PM me your email address I will send it to you. Don't put the email address on the forum a spam bot will find it and you will be getting emails about certain enhancements until long after your dead. I pulled their email address out for the same reason

Tom

Fritha

“a touch of majesty”

http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/cid:X.MA1.1168467564@aol.com

Relive the great days of sail as you and your family or friends become the crew of Fritha, a 74’ (L.O.A.) brigantine rigged Murray Peterson designed vessel. Named for the heroine in the Paul Gallico book The Snow Goose, Fritha can accommodate up to six new ‘crew’ to join her USCG captain, mate, and cook on each new voyage as she sails the New England waters in search of unique ports of call and anchorages along the fabled northeast coast.

Rigged in the traditional “tall ship” manner with block and tackle, halyards, square sails, and bronze fittings, Fritha will take you on a sailing voyage you will recall fondly for the rest of your life.

Brigantine Fritha

Rate schedule and itinerary:

1 Day Sail (8 hour) - $650/day up to 4 individuals - each additional (up to 2) $150
Arrive at the vessel at 0800 (8:00 a.m.) for coffee and Danish or other morning pastries and orientation from the Captain and crew. Leave the dock at 0900 (9:00 a.m.) for your sail around Buzzard's Bay. You raise and lower the sails, working the halyards under the direction of our USCG certified Captain and mate. Lunch aboard and underway 1300 (1:00 p.m.) - chef's choice. Return to the dock at approximately 1600 (4:00 p.m.).

3 Days/2 Nights Sail - $1000/day up to 4 individuals - each additional (up to 2) $250 ($3000-$4500)
Day 1 -Arrive at the vessel at 0800 (8:00 a.m.) for coffee and Danish or other morning pastries prepared by Fritha's chef. Orientation and instruction from the Captain and crew. Leave the dock at 0900 (9:00 a.m.) for your sail on the first leg of your journey - to the fabled island of Cuttyhunk. You raise and lower the sails, working the halyards under the direction of our USCG certified Captain and mate. Lunch aboard and underway 1300 (1:00 p.m.) - chef's choice. Arrive at Cuttyhunk at approximately 1500 (3:00 p.m.). Take the tender to the island for exploration of the sights and sounds of Cuttyhunk - all are a short walk from the dock. Dinner aboard the Fritha at approximately 1830 (6:30 p.m.). Evening on the island or aboard Fritha.
Day 2 - 0800 (8:00 a.m.) breakfast prepared by Fritha's chef. Leave at 0900 (9:00 a.m.) for your sail through Buzzard's bay to Vineyard Sound and your destination - the port of Menimsha on Martha's Vineyard. Lunch on board. Explore the island. Public transportation is available to the various towns and villages of Martha's Vineyard - shopping and site seeing abound. Dinner aboard at 1830 (6:30 p.m.) Spend the evening in further exploration of the island or aboard Fritha.
Day 3 - 0800 (8:00 a.m.) breakfast aboard. Depart Menimsha harbor at 0900 approximately (9:00 a.m.) for your sail through Vineyard Sound and Buzzard's Bay for your return to New Bedford harbor with an arrival at the dock at approximately 1530 (3:30 p.m.) Lunch aboard while underway.

5 Days/4 Nights Sail - $1000/day up to 4 individuals - each additional (up to 2) $250 ($5000-$7500)

Day 1 -Arrive at the vessel at 0800 (8:00 a.m.) for coffee and Danish or other morning pastries prepared by Fritha's chef. Orientation and instruction from the Captain and crew. Leave the dock at 0900 (9:00 a.m.) for your sail on the first leg of your journey - to the fabled island of Martha's Vineyard with your first port of call either Oak Bluffs or Vineyard Haven. You raise and lower the sails, working the halyards under the direction of our USCG certified Captain and mate. Lunch aboard and underway 1300 (1:00 p.m.) - chef's choice. Arrive at port at approximately 1500 (3:00 p.m.). Visit the island for exploration of the sights and sounds of Martha's Vineyard - all are a short walk from the dock or public transportation is available to the other towns and villages of the island. Dinner aboard Fritha at approximately 1830 (6:30 p.m.). Spend the evening on the island or aboard Fritha.
Day 2 - 0800 (8:00 a.m.) breakfast prepared by Fritha's chef. Leave the dock at 0900 (9:00 a.m.) for anchorage at Tarpaulin Cove. Sail through the waters of Vineyard sound, enjoying spectacular views of the Elizabeth Islands and Martha's Vineyard. Lunch on board. Arrive in Tarpaulin Cove and use the motor powered tender to explore the natural shoreline. Snorkel the shoreline or fish for striped bass or other local species. Bring your catch aboard for the chef to cook as part of the evening meal! Dinner aboard at 1830 (6:30 p.m.). Spend a quiet evening aboard.
Day 3 - 0800 (8:00 a.m.) breakfast aboard. Depart Tarpaulin Cove at approximately 0900 (9:00 a.m.) for your sail through Vineyard Sound to Menimsha harbor. See the storied Gay Head cliffs by sea. Lunch aboard while underway. Arrive at Menimsha at approximately 1500 (3:00 p.m.). Explore the west end of the Island - the fishing village of Menimsha and the village of Aquinna and the Gay Head cliffs. Dinner aboard at 1830 (6:30 p.m.). Spend the evening in further exploration of the island or aboard Fritha.
Day 4 - 0800 (8:00 a.m.) breakfast aboard. Depart Menimsha at 0900 (9:00 a.m.) for your sail through Vineyard Sound, through Quick's Hole, and into Buzzard's Bay to Cuttyhunk Island. Lunch aboard while underway. Arrive at Cuttyhunk harbor at approximately 1500 (3:00 p.m.). Take the tender to the island for exploration of the sights and sounds of Cuttyhunk - all are a short walk from the dock. Dinner aboard the Fritha at approximately 1830 (6:30 p.m.). Evening on the island or aboard Fritha.
Day 5 - 0800 (8:00 a.m.) breakfast aboard. Depart Cuttyhunk harbor at 0900 approximately (9:00 a.m.) for your sail through Buzzard's Bay for your return to New Bedford harbor with an arrival at the dock at approximately 1530 (3:30 p.m.) Lunch aboard while underway.

Additional 'custom' sails are available upon request.
Customize your experience -2 day or 4 days sails are possible;
extended charters are available - trips to the Maine coast ,
Block Island, Newport, or ports on Cape Cod are also possible.
Various other ports of call may also be available.

S.V. Airlie
04-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Looking at the fees, which may be reasonable. I think I'll stay oin Airlie.. And I can cook my own meals.

Thanks for the information anyway..