PDA

View Full Version : Great neighbors.

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2007, 10:29 AM
A few months ago, during a wind storm, lost a limb which ended up leaning on the house. Took it down, cut it up etc. and then piled it.
Well, Berlin only picks up debris once every spring and I missed it.. Well, I missed seeing the notice. So the pile was still there.
Came home after spending 140.00 at UPS to find the pile completely gone. Neighbors had a truck and just decided to umm.. pick up the pile.
Granted, I gave the use of the shed to store things in but it was really nice of them to do this for me.

botebum
04-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Nice to know they still exist(nice neighbors, that is). Mine are the poster family for the Society to Preserve American Trailer Trash(SPATT- as in constant spats between neighbors).

Doug

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Bote.. It's a young couple.. Wiat until they get old and crotchty (sp) like me...:eek:

Memphis Mike
04-14-2007, 10:44 AM
You could have sent it here. The lesbians could burn it in their firepit.:mad:

Nanoose
04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
How are the neighbors doin there, Mike?

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2007, 10:46 AM
One sent her moomoo to the cleaners... Now she belongs on the naked chicks thread.

botebum
04-14-2007, 10:47 AM
You may think you're old and crotchity(sp here too) but I imagine you'd have done the same for them and they know it and appreciate having you for a neighbor(at least until they see you taking out the trash in your kilt:D )

Doug

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2007, 10:48 AM
bote.. umm.. they have seen that...:eek:

Then again, they were married in Scotland...;)

Memphis Mike
04-14-2007, 10:50 AM
How are the neighbors doin there, Mike?

They're over there sleepin it off this morning. They should be out on the porch cussin and spittin, shortly.

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Mike.. are ya upwind or down wind?

Nanoose
04-14-2007, 10:51 AM
bote.. umm.. they have seen that...:eek:

Then again, they were married in Scotland...;)

AAAhhhh!! THAT explains it all! :D

Nanoose
04-14-2007, 10:52 AM
They're over there sleepin it off this morning. They should be out on the porch cussin and spittin, shortly.

Betcha can hardly wait, eh Mike? :D

botebum
04-14-2007, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=S.V. Airlie;1550026]bote.. umm.. they have seen that...:eek:

QUOTE]

That's gotta scare the kids in the neighborhood:eek:

Hey Mike, have you tried inviting them over for a BBQ and stress to them that it will be held in the BACKyard? If you were to have a water feature in your backyard, you could do a sort of theme/seminar BBQ called "How to Build a Proper Dyke" oops- "Dike". :D

Doug

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2007, 10:58 AM
There are no kids in this neighborhood.. after seeing me in a kilt, they age very rapidly.. Heck, I don't even have them showing up for Halloween.:eek:

geeman
04-14-2007, 11:02 AM
My newest neighbors ,well, I have the one neighbor across the road that has "visitors".
Last week for the 2nd time, while out in the yard with my faithful companion , my dog,I heard a door slam ,looked over and one of her "visitors" was staggering around on her FRONT porch at 11:30 AM. He proceeded to bumble around the porch for a few minutes, decided on a course of action then unzipped and relieved himself right out in the open for all the world to see.
I called the Sheriff,to get papers on the guy and the Sheriff never showed up. I called the next day and again the Sheriff never showed up.
My next move when this happens again will be to call the Sheriff, and report that since they refuse to come out and handle indecent exposure cases,that I'm on the way over to my neighbors to handle it myself.And suggest to the Sheriff that he may want to send a few deputies,( the ones that are still left on the force,due to the others being in jail) to assist me.After I call the local newspaper and advise them of the problems we're having here getting assistance when needed from local "law enforcement"

Memphis Mike
04-14-2007, 11:04 AM
[quote=S.V. Airlie;1550026]bote.. umm.. they have seen that...:eek:

QUOTE]

That's gotta scare the kids in the neighborhood:eek:

Hey Mike, have you tried inviting them over for a BBQ and stress to them that it will be held in the BACKyard? If you were to have a water feature in your backyard, you could do a sort of theme/seminar BBQ called "How to Build a Proper Dyke" oops- "Dike". :D

Doug

Or maybe a sacrifice.

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
ah, come on Geeman.. there is a water shortage.. The guy was just recycling...:rolleyes:

geeman
04-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Jamie, the 1st time it happened my WIFE saw it.I went out and had a talk with the neighbors at that time,and their opinion is, quote "if your wife objects to seeing guys take a leak,for her to not look out the window" unquote.So you see the neighbor and her frequent guests are quite unsavory to say the least.Its going to be an enlightening experience for somebody, maybe them, maybe me, but it will be settled , one way or the other.
Around here if your having a "discussion" with a neighbor you better have your spouse covering you from a near by window, "just in case".

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Sorry to get you in a huff Geeman.. Was just trying to defuse the ozone.
I have good neigbors you obviously don't.

geeman
04-14-2007, 11:17 AM
NAWWWW Jamie, I'm not mad, nor did I take it as an insult! LOL
I knew what ya meant , I just wanted to explain the situation a little better.

Wild Dingo
04-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Some neighbors are good others not so good and yet others are the neighbors from hell...

Im lucky at present the one across the road and up the hill is a young fella with a missus an two young nippers quiet as all heck the lot of them only time you hear them is when the car door shuts! Amazing

The young bloke that bought the place over the fence is quiet for a mechanic and gives fair warning when hes gonna have a "party" which has been once in a year so far which is pretty good and that "party" was quieter than our barbies...

The other beyond him is well how do I say this... mmm okay lets just say his names Bwuth and is the same but male version of Mikes but he lives with his partner and is a true gentleman even if he does lisp badly wears shocking pink shirts an perfume... reminds me somewhat of Carson from "Queer Eye" that sorta bloke only worse... A "metroman" I think he termed himself once when I was yarnin with him gawd knows what that means but what the heck...

He gets a tad antsy with me and my tools every now and then seems its a bit loud for him :rolleyes: but he just wanders over with his wee precious (hes got a furball of a cat and a furball of a dog furry as heck anyways both are called precious or more precisely "pweshus" :rolleyes: ) and tentitively knocks YES KNOCKS on the side of the shed and when I quieten down he stammers "oooh thane? the noise ish pretty bad... ith it you know pothible to go a little bit quiether?" :D :D

Now me bein me I just say "Yeah rightio mate!!"... arc up the thicknesser AND jointer turn the radio up a few notches and smile mouth the words "Is that better?" he wraps his hands over precious's ears screams something and minces down the driveway ;) gawd I love that bloke!! :D no seriously hes a bloody hoot!!

Okay I'll tell yer about the day I met this fella... beaut day sun shinin about half 10 the postie lobs up and shoots through leaving what I think is our mail... oops she left this fellas mail here by mistake no problems I think and waltz down to his front door... ring the bell... Im standin there in me shorts singlet an bare feet you know as always... after the second ring I figure well hes out so I'll leave it in his box and head home right?... so Im about to turn to go when the door opens

MAN!! talk about choke back hysterical laughing fit!! hes standin there in a bloody PINK robe his hair in curlers and these bloody PINK rabbit slippers on!! I mean I cracked up lost the plot and in the words of the internet promptly rolled on the floor laughin my ass off!!... only I was on his front lawn... he came out consern written over his face "oooh ohhhh THEVEN!!! THEVEN!!! Quick some poor manth havin a fit THEEEVEN!!!" and in a flash out rushes Theven which I found out afterwards was his partner Steven... who was starkers!!! stark bollick naked!! I mean things are flappin around in the breeze that shouldnt be flappin in the breeze here... which just made me crack up harder!!

Gawd I was soooo close to wettin meself it hurt!! theres this one bloke all in pink flappin his wrists cryin sobbing and running up and down on the spot screaming and heres this other one kneeling down next to me all concern and stark bollick naked tryin to take my pulse!! :D

Man it was a hoot... but after a few minutes I kinda collected meself an got up "nah mate hahahaha oooh gawd no its all right... " then Id see either one of them and crack up again tears rolling down my cheeks "its fine... hahaahah seriously hahahaha oooh gawd strewth mate heres yer hahahahahah your mail" and off!!! I bolted before I wet meself!!

About half an hour later I was out the front having collected my sanity again and only cracking up slightly at the memory... when I saw these two coming down toward the house... I tried truely I tried not to loose it totally... but the vision just past returned full pelt and I was back on the lawn laughing my bloody head off again... Jo and the hoons heard me and raced out big smiles on their faces wondering what idiocy I was upto this time... so there I am rolling around on the front lawn the lawn mower doing its thing cuttin the lawn well it had headed off down the road of its own accord with Theven racing after it... and theres "bwuth" with a precious under each arm looking at me with tears of concern in his eyes

Theven comes back with the mower having finally cought it down near the creek subdueing it by sheer brute stregth and force of will... either that or he whacked it senceless with his handbag... and together they stand the picture of perfect gay harmony... by now Im half up half down holding onto Jo whos almost collapsing herself weather through the weight of her other half namely me and theres the hoons smiling wondering what the hecks gotten into the damned adults... thinking "mmm okay somethings funny what it is who knows but hey theyre laughing so it must be funny so we better at least smile"...

Finally I hiccup smile strangle another fit of hysteria and say "ooohhh gawd sorry mate Jo these are the neighbors from the other side of the young bloke" she turns looks at the two blokes one perfectly permed primped pampered and dainty as all hell the other halfway between him and a fairy dressed in fine silk gear and looking well... like a pair of gay queers on a fishin expodition!!

Jo smiled... turned looked at me saw me starting to loose it elbowed me in the sternum I hunched over further she looked at the two blokes "Hi Im Jody and this idiot is my husband Shane" "oh Im Steven and this is Bruce" "Hi" and she moves over and shakes their hands draggin me along with her I shake one flipping fish pretending to be a hand and got me hand crushed by the other... looked up and this Steven blokes got a huge grin on his face and a twinkle in his eye what I call the "go on try it on sport" look... anyway we introduce the kids

Now kids are interesting when it comes to blatantly gay blokes arent they? I mean Beth instantly saw a makeup opportunity Jac saw a makeover opportunity Brie laughed almost as hard as I did and had to be almost forcibly dragged of to her room by Beth and Jac... while Josh was ASTOUNDED the look on his dial was fanfriggintastic!!... anyway they stayed for about an hour with Steven shootin back to their place for the "cake" Bruce had cooked the night before and returned with not only the absofrigginlute best chocolate mud cake ever but also a swag of fluffy perfect creame cup cakes for the kids...

Now to end this... as they were leaving they said their goodbyes alls cool and as theyre walking down the driveway they hold hands... I looked at Josh as I turned away... it was like a lightbulb suddenly got switched on!!!... "HEY!!! HEY!! theyre flamin fairies like Aunty Vicky and Aunty Gail huh dad!!" that was it I was gone again laughin my bloody head off... tryin to say yeah mate thats it but unable to say a word... Steven came back and had a sorta angry look on his face so Jo simply said "Its okay Shanes sister is gay" he looks at me crackin up tears rolling down my cheeks nods his head and smiles "thought there must have been something like that people dont usually react like he did" then looking down at Josh "your right matey were gay but its okay were nice people and if you say so we wont ever come back" little Josh was at a total loss I mean to him these blokes bought GREAT TUCKER!! I dont think he thinks to far past his stomach lately :rolleyes: he loos at me he looks at his mum he looks from one to the other of the blokes stammers "nah thats okay but were straight" :D

Steven stood up and smiled at him then at us "well thank god thats settled then we thought you were all mad as cut snakes" and left... Great couple of blokes... queer as a row of tents but good value all the same... oh and bloody great taste in music!!... and when I was in hospital the last three times one or the other would bring over tea for Jo and the hoons and cakes and home made ice cream and well do the washing ironing cleaning and ooh all that stuff!! as I said great value! kids got out of their chores for a couple of weeks :cool:

So yeah at present weve got good neighbors... Mandurah was a whole different story

ooooh and we still deliver their mail... complained to the woman at the post office but it seems the woman who does the delivery is a tad shall we say homophobic? seems Bruce said hello to her in his robe one day and that was it... cant stand him so wont deliver their mail end of story... from what Stevens told us hes complained to the local post office and the main office in Perth but cause they are contractors down here theres apparently not much they will do about it... whatever... we dont mind since we get some brilliant tucker from them once a week now :cool:

okay as you were ;)

mmd
04-14-2007, 01:43 PM
"...the 1st time it happened my WIFE saw it.I went out and had a talk with the neighbors at that time,and their opinion is, quote "if your wife objects to seeing guys take a leak,for her to not look out the window" unquote.So you see the neighbor and her frequent guests are quite unsavory to say the least. - geeman

This is just an opportunistic chance at poking a bit of fun at the Forum as a whole, and not a stab at geeman (hope he doesn't take offense), but doesn't the above quote from geeman's post sound a lot like:

"Please stop posting language/humour/pictures that me/my wife/my child find offensive!"

"If you/your wife/your child find these kind of postings offensive, tell them not to read them!"

Quite unsavoury, to say the least. <wink>

...OK, I'll step back into the shadows now...

Hwyl
04-14-2007, 02:07 PM
MMD, the above might possibly be the millionth post.

mmd
04-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Really? I didn't think I had been typing that long...

geeman
04-15-2007, 12:01 AM
MMD,
Picture this, you live on a (what used to be quiet country road thats just wide enough for one vehicle to navigate),you hear a loud truck coming down the road thats sounds like it pulled into YOUR driveway.You look out the window to see who pulled into YOUR driveway and what you see is the drunk next door outside his truck taking a leak.This was what my wife was faced with.
Now,,,,,,,,
How would YOU feel if YOUR wife witnessed such an act? or your daughter,or grand daughter? And your wife no longer felt safe or comfortable going out of her own house because she might be forced to witness such an act?
Wanna throw another jab?

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
04-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey Geeman, a BB gun, and a well placed shot would solve that problem real quick.

OK...OK....well you know me, I just don't give a.....

Hey, I know, how about a video camera catching the guy in the act.
Get it on tape and show it to the cops.
Might work.

Ian Marchuk
04-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Geeman , the way I read Michael , he is onside. I believe that he is drawing a parallel with posts on this forum that are as offensive as what you are telling us about.
I wholeheartedly agree with both of you. Unfortunately we are in positions where we are exposed to uncaring lowlife and/or boneheads whose taste is limited to their beer...
Best wishes ALL....

mmd
04-15-2007, 02:12 AM
"How would YOU feel if YOUR wife witnessed such an act? or your daughter,or grand daughter? And your wife no longer felt safe or comfortable going out of her own house because she might be forced to witness such an act?
" - geeman

I don't have any grandchildren yet, but knowing my wife and daughter quite well, I suspect that Maureen would be amused or irritated, depending upon her mood that day, and would in either case probably ensure the fellow would be suitably embarrassed by informing him of the inadequacy of his equipment as a public display object, and Gwyn would be amazed that the yahoo had such bad manners. Neither would "no longer feel safe" (Just what is it that they are supposed to be afraid of; a penis or urine?) And just who is forcing our womenfolk to watch such depraved acts? Can't they, just like here on the forum, look someplace else when confronted with an unsavoury vista?

I guess our Nova Scotian women are raised a bit less delicate than those in Tennessee. And we do live on a country road and we do have neighbours who, although not prone to drunken debauchery, are somewhat less than sophisticated socialites. In fact, the neighbours across the road live in a mobile home and drive big trucks for a living. Different cultures have different priorities, I guess.

Ric_Bergstrom
04-15-2007, 04:37 AM
Wouldn't a camera/ video be enough for charges???

Instead of a protracted expensive legal and civil defense for you???

My newest neighbors ,well, I have the one neighbor across the road that has "visitors".
Last week for the 2nd time, while out in the yard with my faithful companion , my dog,I heard a door slam ,looked over and one of her "visitors" was staggering around on her FRONT porch at 11:30 AM. He proceeded to bumble around the porch for a few minutes, decided on a course of action then unzipped and relieved himself right out in the open for all the world to see.
I called the Sheriff,to get papers on the guy and the Sheriff never showed up. I called the next day and again the Sheriff never showed up.
My next move when this happens again will be to call the Sheriff, and report that since they refuse to come out and handle indecent exposure cases,that I'm on the way over to my neighbors to handle it myself.And suggest to the Sheriff that he may want to send a few deputies,( the ones that are still left on the force,due to the others being in jail) to assist me.After I call the local newspaper and advise them of the problems we're having here getting assistance when needed from local "law enforcement"

Ric_Bergstrom
04-15-2007, 04:45 AM
Deleted

geeman
04-15-2007, 06:54 AM
My wife changed after her heart attack a couple of years ago.Up to that time she was a scrapper,would take on anything or anybody who crossed her.She loved riding roller coasters,horseback riding,going fast in the car etc.
Since though,after riding in a chopper to the hospital,having surgery,going through the crap that people go through after a heart attack and a broken neck from an auto wreck a few years before that she has trouble handling "events" that pop up.
This is a woman that walked up to a man that was aiming a revolver at another man,( both drunk) and snatched the gun out of his hand a second before he could shoot the other guy.And she didnt give it any thought.Shes almost a different person now compared to years ago.
I used to work late at night up until her heart attack a lot.Now I cant because shes afraid to be by herself at night for 2 reasons.
1, Shes afraid she'll have another heart attack while alone.( Help is 20 miles away at least)
2 Shes afraid of people like those people across the road.Theres usually several over there at any given time, not just one drunken guy.
Before the land owner slapped those old trailers on that land I kept the land tied up so it couldnt be used for anything by leasing the land from the land owner,but about 8 years ago he refused to renew or sell me the land.He now rents to anything that can pay the rent.Both trailers are rented to "single girls" who have sometimes several different "gentlemen' staying there at the same time.
Both trailers together can have as many as 6 to 8 drunks over there at any given time, day and night.
Ric,
I've been thinking about a camera set up for the purpose you described too.

Phil Heffernan
04-15-2007, 07:10 AM
1, Shes afraid she'll have another heart attack while alone.( Help is 20 miles away at least)
2 Shes afraid of people like those people across the road.Theres usually several over there at any given time, not just one drunken guy.
Before the land owner slapped those old trailers on that land I kept the land tied up so it couldnt be used for anything by leasing the land from the land owner,but about 8 years ago he refused to renew or sell me the land.He now rents to anything that can pay the rent.Both trailers are rented to "single girls" who have sometimes several different "gentlemen' staying there at the same time.
Both trailers together can have as many as 6 to 8 drunks over there at any given time, day and night.
Ric,
I've been thinking about a camera set up for the purpose you described too.

Her condition ain't getting any better, and neither are your neighbors...Might be time to consider a move closer to town...

PH

I live right in the heart of a small village...I wouldn't trade it for the woods for anything...;)