PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Donn thread...

KNOCKABOUT
04-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I started the thread in jest. I removed it when it got out of hand. I hereby publicly apologize to Donn - but my sense is he has thicker skin than those crying foul... and probably has other things higher on his priority list. The poll options were silly - and some of the responses were turning ugly - so I pulled it.

Gresham CA
04-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Good for you. Donn is a man of good character as are many men and women on this forum.

huisjen
04-13-2007, 01:36 PM
I bet someone like Chad or Leon or Dingo would never have generated those kind of responses. Donn has made his bed and now he has to lie in it. All you did was turn down the covers for him.

Dan

S.V. Airlie
04-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Dan.. we all do... It is human...
And ya know that Donn has pulled my chains more than most.. but ya know what.. That is okay.. let him yank them.
There is a limit...
And I am supporting him knowing damn well that tomorrow, he will cut me down to size.. Lets see.. how many posts today? too many...

huisjen
04-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Jamie, I should have put your name up there too as an example of someone who just doesn't draw fire.

Dan

S.V. Airlie
04-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Not trying to draw fire Dan....

huisjen
04-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Exactly.

Nanoose
04-13-2007, 01:45 PM
"All we are saying.....is give peace a chance....."

KNOCKABOUT
04-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Spring is in the air, and when it is I get to doin' a little shadow-boxin' on warm nights, and I squint a little meaner. Jumpy. Looking forward to putting my boat to water, like tucking in a child with a Jesus story, and tending to the other ones - painting, fairing, sanding. I fall asleep ever' night to passing through the narrows to Raritan, and breaking out past Breezy Point, and now I'm in open water and making the cut to Block Island. Past Long Beach and the Great South Bay, the Pines, looking out upon the dunes and following on to Southampton, Sagaponack, East Hampton. All the way past the windy finger of Montauk and past the chop into the sound. Where I can think. And where I just begin to miss my son, and wish he were older and next to me... So I get punchy. Im not here. Im there. And all I can think about properly is getting out there. And I miss it. And I'm sorry I hiked out over someones toes. Next time dont leave em' lying around like that.

KNOCKABOUT
04-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks, Knock. No apology needed. It was good dwarf bait, as this thread appears to be. I think it frustrates my fans they can't chase me off, like they've done to others.:D

Here here, Mother-f*cker.

KNOCKABOUT
04-13-2007, 02:51 PM
figure of speech...

KNOCKABOUT
04-13-2007, 02:52 PM
The azaleas are blooming... so somethings happening.

Phillip Allen
04-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I recognized the joke to begin with but then decided it was decending to something less than funny...I even joked about nematodes (sp) because of his gardening...(numa-numa todes)...

prolly good that you pulled it...

Tar Devil
04-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Jamie, I should have put your name up there too as an example of someone who just doesn't draw fire.

Dan

Ahem...

huisjen
04-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey, did anybody just hear something? Sounded like someone clearing their throat but....

Dan

Tylerdurden
04-13-2007, 04:57 PM
I am still waiting for him to take me of ignore so I can watch his head explode....LOL
No harm no foul I say, I may attack someone on the forum, but I can assure anyone here if they are in trouble and I can help I will (including Donn)
No hate in my heart, I just like to parry as much as the next man.

I always thought that the mark of a good sailor was to have a knock down dragout with his mate in the afternoon and drink at his table that night. If I am wrong about that let me know.

PeterSibley
04-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks, Knock. No apology needed. It was good dwarf bait, as this thread appears to be. I think it frustrates my fans they can't chase me off, like they've done to others.:D
Donn...we'd miss you ! :D

Tylerdurden
04-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Donn...we'd miss you ! :D

Somebody has to check spelling.

KNOCKABOUT
04-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Jesus Christ this lovefest is making me sick.

Phil Heffernan
04-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Spring is in the air, and when it is I get to doin' a little shadow-boxin' on warm nights, and I squint a little meaner. Jumpy. Looking forward to putting my boat to water, like tucking in a child with a Jesus story, and tending to the other ones - painting, fairing, sanding. I fall asleep ever' night to passing through the narrows to Raritan, and breaking out past Breezy Point, and now I'm in open water and making the cut to Block Island. Past Long Beach and the Great South Bay, the Pines, looking out upon the dunes and following on to Southampton, Sagaponack, East Hampton. All the way past the windy finger of Montauk and past the chop into the sound. Where I can think. And where I just begin to miss my son, and wish he were older and next to me... So I get punchy. Im not here. Im there. And all I can think about properly is getting out there. And I miss it. And I'm sorry I hiked out over someones toes. Next time dont leave em' lying around like that.

Hey Knock, nice poetic musing, it drew me a picture :cool:

rufustr
04-13-2007, 06:39 PM
My posts on the previous thread were not directed at Donn, I'd have posted them on a grumpy thread about anyone.
Hell, as someone else posted on that thread, Grumpy is a term of endearment focussing on one of a person's more attractive character flaws, opps sorry, features.