X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip Allen
    • May 2002

Okay, I'm up

Time to start arguing again...
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.
  • S.V. Airlie
    Ancient Mariner
    • Dec 2006

I don't believe you are up Phillip.. You timed your posts to go on the forum at 0630hrs... Do they have remotes for doing this?
    Roll over.. go back to sleep.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
      • May 2002

Got go to work early this morning...had to be up and check the weather (it's cold).

I actually had a good time yesterday arguing with the enviro-fashion followers...ah, and the superior education freaks...yes too the credential cravers. ("Oh Lord I thank thee that I am not as these depraved and lowly, ignorant and un-credentialed masses of lesser beings")
      The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
        • May 2002

gonna go to my son's place and see his newly aquired horse-colt after work...(6 months old...isn't that early to wean?)

Comment

• JimD
          Senior Mumbler
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Phillip Allen
          ...check the weather (it's cold)...
          It's not cold. Wet, sure, but not cold. Why are you being so argumentative?
          There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
            Ancient Mariner
            • Dec 2006

I don't know.. 30 degrees here in MD.. I got up and turned the heat up to 53...Thought I would warm up the place...
            Now where is my coffee cup.

Comment

• JimD
              Senior Mumbler
              • Feb 2002

I was kayaking in a t-shirt a couple days ago. How can it be cold?
              There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                • May 2002

all my spring flowers have been frozen...down to about 16 degrees twice in the last few days.

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                  Ancient Mariner
                  • Dec 2006

Phillip..
                  Just be glad you don't have fruit tree orchards in Ohio..

Comment

• Hwyl
                    Gareth
                    • Jan 2003

Just to prove that Masons can be literate.

Comment

• S/V Laura Ellen
                      Neither Fair nor Balanced
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Hwyl
                      Just to prove that Masons can be literate.

http://www.ahajokes.com/fp057.html
                      The Mythbusters did a very amusing piece on this scenario.
                      Allan of the Grove
                      "never send a ferret to do a weasel's job.."

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                        • May 2002

There's a nice (Irish) song about that

Comment

• Hwyl
                          Gareth
                          • Jan 2003

My attempt at being lighthearted this morning, never believed it for a minute. I feel a huge empathy with Philip, but he seems to enjoy putting himself in a cage with "rattle this please" written on the outside.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                            • May 2002

my dad taught me to never play a game I couldn't afford to lose...I don't mind losing an argument but I won't give it away

Comment

• Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
                              I fix stuff.
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Phillip Allen
                              all my spring flowers have been frozen...down to about 16 degrees twice in the last few days.
                              The day I left east TN a few years back, it had gotten down to 18 degrees, nothing for a man from the north like me, but damned cold for that part of the country, and I couldn't get that damned diesel moving truck fired up (heavy duty diesel, no glow plugs, and iffy intake air heater), even with the block heater plugged in for a whole day. Normally that block would be toasty, but with that wind too, it wasn't even lukewarm. Had to fire up the camp stove 6" under the oil pan for over an hour and she just barely fired. I slept with it idling after pulling over to sleep in west TN, was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it started again.
                              Last edited by Bob (oh, THAT Bob); 04-10-2007, 02:51 AM.
                              sigpic When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Comment

Working...