PDA

View Full Version : Will The Buckeyes Choke... Again!?!

rbgarr
04-01-2007, 07:57 AM
NCAA B-Ball Championships. Monday.

I'm betting they will :p

But it's the only basketball game I watch all year so my knowledge of the game is zip! :D

PatCox
04-02-2007, 08:39 AM
This one is the Gator's to choke.

bamamick
04-02-2007, 08:58 AM
are too many pundits choosing the Buckeyes on this one. I sort of wish they would win it. The Gators are about as full of themselves as it gets, and we get tired of listening to them.

The fact that these two schools played for the football title makes this pretty amazing. With so many schools working so hard to get where these two are right now, how did they do it? What set of circumstances allowed this to happen for OSU and UF that didn't happen for the other 115 D-I football schools and well over 300 basketball schools?

All that being said, I probably won't watch it. Don't really care who wins, and 4am comes pretty early tomorrow. I have plenty of friends who'll tell me all about it on Tuesday morning.

Mickey Lake

PatCox
04-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Gators seem to have a good coach. Four of the starters could have gone pro last year and all would have gone in the first round, $5 or $10 million each in their pockets. They all chose to stay and play another year. Seems to me that says something about the coach.

emichaels
04-02-2007, 12:26 PM
There was a story last week can't remember if it was Jim Leher or NPR about graduation rates among the athlete/students. Florida has one of the highest graduation rates of athletes, it was much higher that the OSU grad rate. Interesting. Florida just seems to produce athletes that go that little extra. One more gear when they need it.

I vote for Florida.

Cuyahoga Chuck
04-02-2007, 01:00 PM
There was a story last week can't remember if it was Jim Leher or NPR about graduation rates among the athlete/students. Florida has one of the highest graduation rates of athletes, it was much higher that the OSU grad rate. Interesting. Florida just seems to produce athletes that go that little extra. One more gear when they need it.

I vote for Florida.

Graduation rates don't mean zip. Most of these high profile athletes are spoon-fed, tutored, run thru' dumbed downed courses, don't compete for grades with other students and are only there because it's a necessary step to get to the bigs.
Even tho' Ohio State U. is a state run university, it costs an arm and a leg to go there. The rest of the system is expensive, too. All those athletic scholarships mean that some poor Ohio kid (and we have a lot of them) with an adequate IQ will have to figure out how to get or forego what some athletic oaf got for nothing.

Charlie

"Opinionated? Who me?"