PDA

View Full Version : Exxon/Mobile Corporate Crooks

Memphis Mike
03-31-2007, 09:00 AM
The price of Gasoline has shot up again in anticipation of the summer travel season. They're going to stick it to us again.

I read an article the other day that the demand for gasoline has actually increased in this country when people should be trying to conserve. The only way to get the price back down is if we as a nation send these corporate animals a message and cut our gasoline consumption.

I rarely buy gas from Exxon but usually stop in there for a Coke, etc, because of the convenience. The owners of my company won't even allow us to buy gas from Exxon and they are conservative Republicans.

But get this:

I was at the Exxon station {Tigar Market} this morning and this isn't the first time I have noticed this.

They are blasting all of this "happy happy" music over the loudspeakers at all of these places in town and I'm sure throughout the country.

Stuff like the Beach Boys and surfer type crap to give everyone a sense of well being while they rob you blind and while they are killing people so we can fill our tanks and allow them to post more record profits.:mad:

I can just about bet this music is hand picked by the Exxon Corporate bastards with the sole intention of making everyone feel that all is well.

If you didn't know any better you'd think you had stopped at a 1950's style drive in for a Coke and a hotdog.

Mrleft8
03-31-2007, 09:23 AM
This is why I only buy from Citgo unless absolutely necessary.

Memphis Mike
03-31-2007, 10:19 AM
The price at Citgo is up too, it's up everywhere, but at least they're not trying to persuade the American people into believing that all is right with the world.

glenallen
03-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Nothing to do with gas prices, but music blasting over the loud speakers at my small town grocery store the other day.
Song lyrics were (I couldn't believe it)
"It's hard to kiss the lips at night
that chew your ass out all day long."

Larry P.
03-31-2007, 10:28 AM
Mike the Citgo remark from lefty is in reference to the fact that it is owned by Venzuela (chavez). That being said this is something that does drive me crazy. I think it is pretty obvious that my politics are right of center but the profits of the oil companies are obcene. Without getting into the same old arguments common sense say our involvement in the Persian Gulf region is to ensure the freeflow of oil to the western world. Our money and blood is being used to keep the oil comming. As far as I am concerned there should be a tax (on the profits) on oil to help pay for this. Not a consumer tax, we as a people should not subsize their coperate profits from public coffers. This is expecially loathsome when you take into account the fact that they are not "American" companies anymore but multinationals that are more interested in the company's rather than the well being of the US.

High C
03-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Exxon's profit margin lately is nine point something percent, not unusually high at all.

Memphis Mike
03-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Exxon's profit margin lately is nine point something percent, not unusually high at all.

Maybe you ought to go to work for them. You could record some happy surfer tunes for them to blast over the speakers at their highway robbery stops.

Cuyahoga Chuck
03-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Most of the price hikes have nothing to do with the creeps that run the oil companies.They can sit back and scoop up profits that increase with every rumor about the bad stuff happening in the Middle East.
They should post a picture of a smiling George Bush on every gas pump so that nobody forgets who brought this problem on the US.

Ken Hutchins
03-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Let's get back at them. :)
When you hear some music, inquire about the music, title, singer, all the info. Better yet make a recording of what they are broadcasting.:D
Then send the info about where and when heard to the recording company , also the artist. Request that they file a lawsuit for illegal broadcasting of copyrighted material.:D Chances are they do not have permission to broadcast.:D :D :D

Chris Coose
03-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Never buy Exxon/Mobil products since they went through the roster and let go all their mariners who'd been to rehab.

In the past few years I have made business plans which keep me out of the car as much a possible. Just rented some new space as the business expands. About a mile downhill and what with the trafffic lights as they are on the way, I make it faster on my bicycle 100% of the time. The bus is 100 feet from my door and drops me on the business doorstep.
The Triumph is going into the shop to get registered this year and the bride has a scooter that gets 100 miles per gallon.
In the past 5 years I have cut gasoline use by 80% or more.

Now I've gotta work on the house to tighten it down for winter.

In 5 years I'm going to let go this monster 4 unit house and go build a place that has double walls 18" thick so I can finish her (this life) off in Maine.

If you don't do some long and short term planning' you'll be handing it over to scumsucking bottom dwellers and terists.

Nanoose
03-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Gas here jumped from 110.5 to 114.5 overnight - that's more than 16 cents/US gallon in one jump.

Yup - summer's on the way.

ccmanuals
04-01-2007, 09:23 AM
I have not purchased gas from Exon since the Valdez.