PDA

View Full Version : My Son's New Job

Tristan
03-16-2007, 10:34 AM
My 16 year old son is an wonderful blend of little kid and young man. He recently got a job at local Supermarket. He'd been running a mowing machine and trimming shrubs for a lady friend of mine who own a landscaping business but he was not looking forward to doing that in the summer heat again. At the food store he's been a cashier since day one, a big step up from the bag boy he thought he'd be made, and a huge step for the kind of shy kid he is. His manager told him when he's a bit faster on the register she'll think about making him an assistant to the assistant manager. Of course she did say that he also needs to be "a little louder." He's settled right into cashiering, loves joking with the customers and yesterday he came home saying he'd had his best day yet. Two guys and a lady, all drunk, came through his line. Pointing to the lady, one of the guys said, "If she shows you her tits will you give us a free sandwich?" Geoff just grinned and said, "No". Then the guy bought a 79 cent bottle of water, tossed Geoff a $10 bill and told him to keep the change. Geoff got his manager to chase the guy down outside and try to give to ten back but the guy waved her off and said to keep it. So a very excited Geoff drove his truck home with his $9 tip, proclaiming the day his "best ever." Then he went over to a friend's house where he and a bunch of other kids from 12 to 20, played hide-and-seek for three hours. Kind of wish I could play it with them. :D :D :D

geeman
03-16-2007, 11:14 AM
My question is, Why did he say "no"? LOL
I wouldnt have said "no" !!!!!!!!!

Tristan
03-16-2007, 11:26 AM
My question is, Why did he say "no"? LOL
I wouldnt have said "no" !!!!!!!!!

Probably because he would have had to pay for the sandwich out of his pocket! Hey, five bucks for a peek at tits just ain't worth it. ;)

geeman
03-16-2007, 11:28 AM
At that age I would have considered it money well spent LOL

Tristan
03-16-2007, 11:35 AM
At that age I would have considered it money well spent LOL

Guess I should have added that the kids playing hide and seek included several teen age girls (if you catch my drift).;) :D :D :D

elf
03-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Did the drunk people get in a car and drive away?

If so, why didn't he get the store to call the cops.

Tristan
03-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Did the drunk people get in a car and drive away?

If so, why didn't he get the store to call the cops.

I expect he was busy with the next customer. His manager could have done so.

John of Phoenix
03-16-2007, 01:09 PM
We were ferrying some helicopters from Alabama out to California and at 100 knots you can imagine it takes a few days to get there. At one of our overnight stops we went out for drinks and one of our guys, normally a very shy and quiet type, had more than his share. We stopped at a grocery store to get some munchies on the way to the hotel and as our tipsy buddy was checking out the cashier offered the usual, “Anything else, sir?”
“Mmmm, yes! I’d like a cute blonde cashier with nothing on her to go please.”
Before any of us could muster an apology, she shut the register drawer, pulled out the key, came around the counter and planted a big wet smooch right on his kisser.
“I’ve been waiting for you big boy.” Grabbed him by the arm and headed for her car in the parking lot.
Somebody thoughtfully hollered a reminder “Seven o’clock takeoff tomorrow!” as they went through the doors.

Never had the guts to try that myself, drunk or sober.

Syed
03-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Then he went over to a friend's house where he and a bunch of other kids from 12 to 20, played hide-and-seek for three hours. Kind of wish I could play it with them. :D :D :D

Interesting !