PDA

View Full Version : Status Check 3-6-07

Concordia...41
03-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Status Check: 3-1-07 (well, that's when I planned to post it...just got carried away working :D )

Well once the gods the govern learning curves tired of toying with me, I reached a point where I could strip the average piece of bulkhead or brick-a-brack from the head in 30 minutes. The bad news is there were about 20 pieces in this round. I’ll let you do the math…

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p6818f66283b3014f7b4a9bae05fa15d9/ea68ed99.jpg

This picture actually shows both painting Round #1 and Round #2.

Round #1 = the ceiling boards on the wood table on the left. Thanks to sailordave's help, they're all painted and just kind of resting until time to go back in place.

Round #2 = the miscellaneous trim pieces on the gray table (actually a piece of shelf on top of a trash can...) and the nine or so pieces of bulkhead leaning in the background.

Proposed plan:

March and April – finish sanding and painting the overhead. Continue to slog away at repairing and refinishing interior pieces. Solve the floorboard puzzle, buildup / shim frames as necessary and get some pieces put back in the boat.

Hoped for goal – make some real progress getting the interior back together. :)

May and June – (formerly known as the January and February plan :embarassed:) – spend two months working under the cockpit and mizzen deck double checking the work done, making some corrections and additional repairs, reinstalling bronze strapping on the frames in the turn of the bilge.

Hoped for goal – purchase and install engine. :) :)

July, August and September – finish a multitude of loose ends, including caulking the deck seams, re-installing cockpit seats, fuel tank, etc.

October – try to keep sane. Finish the 100+ things I’ve forgotten about and/or didn’t get to and get the boat ready to move.

Hoped for goal – get boat out of warehouse :) :) :)

November – one great big giant party! :D

March pictures and a bit of a narrative here:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2094763065

almeyer
03-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Keep at it, Margo, you're getting there...
And it's looking good!

Peter Malcolm Jardine
03-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Whud a keener...:D

Bill Perkins
03-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Margo I can sense momentum -Big Mo- starting to build again .

davidagage
03-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Hey!!! I know what these are....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pc1c1ffa725a7dd4cc2cc77c775c4301a/ea68ea36.jpg

Margo, things are really moving along!!!

DG

capt jake
03-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Looking good! Ahh, the little things. ;)

FSS172
03-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi Margo - Aint old woodenboat restoration just the greatest? I know I'm not alone when I say I know what you're going through... After 10 plus years of criminally neglecting and almost doing serious damage to my little Friendship Sloop, I'm now in the 4th year of working toward bringing her back to life. As you are, I'm hoping - no make that 'planning' - for that big party later this year. At this moment though, I'm sitting at my workbench watching the snow fall outside and stripping the little pieces of cove molding that seal the samson post where it penetrates the deck... scattered across the bench are parts of ALL those blocks - gotta love gaff rig - in various stages of refinish and reassembly.... Sometimes the work on all these bits and pieces just seems like it'll never end don't it... And somehow it didn't seem this endless when I was first building it... not sure what the difference is... Couldn't POSSIBLY be that I'm older....

Anyhow, just wanted to add my 'hang in there' to the other's encouragements; but also to say 1- I'm glad to read that you have help; this kind of work gets lonely sometimes and 2 - Thank you for your posts; it's encouraging and energizing to see someone else going at a project of this scale with the determination, perserverance, and care that you are. So...encouraged and energized, back to the heat gun...

Jim

lannig
03-08-2007, 05:24 AM
I did not know you were in PUZZLES :D :D :D
Sorry I am a newby on this forum:p

Lannig
www.mavourneen-mary.com (http://www.mavourneen-mary.com)

brad9798
03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Great stuff!!!!

Wild Dingo
03-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Hope you leave something for moi to sand or varnish bluey :eek:

sshhh this is just between you me an the fence post okay cause I havent mentioned it to Dougy but theres a roadtrip to your place in Dougys life soon ;) I mean how the blazes else would I ever find you? and dont anyone dare say "well Shane you just hire a car an drive down such an such" :mad: I mean you dopey buggars drive ass about face up there! :o wrong side of the car on the wrong side of the flamin road!!:eek: I aint drivin!! talk about an accident askin to happenn :rolleyes: :D

Sarahs coming along beautifully me dear just as she should... steady steady :cool: