PDA

View Full Version : Over 1600 photos

cs
02-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Guess I'm going to spend Sunday morning sorting through over 1600 digital photos, just to find the ones that are just right for a poster.

You see we bought team CD's from one of our last compititions and they came in Friday. Three CDs of each team with over 800 photos per team times 2 equals 6 CDs and over 1600 photos.

A buddy I work with will do a layout of the poster for me and we will plot it on our plotter and 24 x 36 on photo paper and than we will matt it and have a poster of the kid for her room.

Don't tell her, it is a surprise.

Chad

bamamick
02-25-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't envy you that job. My eyes begin crossing after a few minutes of looking at photographs. Something I have never really had an appreciation of, photography.

Best of luck with the project, Chad. I am sure your daughter will love it. She'll love it because you did it, not because of how it turns out. Remember that.

Mickey Lake

cs
02-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Well I went through them all and came up with about 70 photos. I will be sitting down with my buddy in the next day or two to work on the layout.

I'm thinking about one like this (see image below) for the main image in the background and than overlaying around the sides some of her individual action shots.

http://img.clubphoto.com/jerboa/201419689/512/null/image.jpg

I'm thinking about making the border a blue and white star and putting "United Blue Devils" across the top at some oblique angle with her name similar at the bottom. The gym will send me a resoluiton image of their logo and I can put this on there also.

I've been contemplating making the poster in landscape as opposed to portrait.

Chad

Muskrat3651
02-25-2007, 03:16 PM
If you've got 1600 photos and a large format plotter how about something like this? http://www.aolej.com/mosaic/gallery.htm

Dick

Paul Pless
02-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Chad , how's your daughter doing? I've missed any updates since she came out of the hospital.

cs
02-25-2007, 05:29 PM
She will be getting her cast off a week from Monday. Only 5 weeks in a cast. If it had been me it would have been more like 5 months.

Chad