View Full Version : Used Headsails -- Small Dinghies

02-22-2007, 06:42 PM
I am trying to find a used dinghy headsail of about 20sqft or so. The Mirror Dinghy's jib would be ideal, but have not had much luck finding a source in the U.S. Does anyone know of an sources for used sails that would traffic in sails this size? Are you aware of any comparably sized head sail from a dinghy class that is more common in the U.S.? I'd appreciate any help here. Thanks.

02-22-2007, 06:45 PM
eBay carries used sails pretty cheap sometimes. I've got my peeled for a spitfire jib.

02-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Bacon Sails ( www.baconsails.com ) carries one of the best selections I've seen of dingy jibs, but as above, eBay may be your best choice for finding them a bit cheaper.

The other option is to contact the various racing associations -- there should be lots of blown-out jibs available for a relatively low cost.

John Turpin
02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
You also might try Minneys: http://www.minneysyachtsurplus.com/ I bought a Sabot sail from them to use on my Two Paw dinghy.

02-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Me too! (to use on my dory skiff)

;0 )

But Minneys only seem to have larger jibs -- not much dinghy stuff.

02-26-2007, 08:34 AM
I just picked up a small jib and mainsail (only wanted the jib) for $31 plus shipping from 'jacksail' on eBay -- might be worth contacting him to see what he's got, or at least checking his store occasionally.