PDA

View Full Version : well... as they say.. another day older

Wild Dingo
02-22-2007, 04:13 AM
And no closer to wisdom :D

And I got a great email from the gnome and crew today too :cool: and I must admit it was a fanbloodytastic day here :cool: weather was hot nice gentle cooling breeze this arvo :cool: All the kids bar Aaron are here tonight for the old pharts big day :cool: phone calls from family and freinds near and far :cool:

An what do me mates on the WBF do?

mmmmm?

narda

zipo

tiddlysquat

buggarall

sigh indeed a sad day on the forum for the dingo :(

aaahhh well

only one thing for it

Happy birfdy to... me
Happy birfdy to... me
Happy birfdy dear... me
Happy birfdy to... me

HAPPY BIRFDY TO ME!!!

hip hip hooooray!
hip hip hooooray!!
hip hip hooooray!!!

Why was I born so beautiful
Why was I born at all
Cause I had no say in it
No say in it at all

YAY ME!! :D :D :D :D

John B
02-22-2007, 04:21 AM
Happy birthday Shane.
Gosh, if it wasn't for the fact I'm close ( relatively) on your heels I'd call you something old.
You '57 types are.. so ... so dramatic. right lttle Pricillas eh.
'58 is where its at.:D

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
02-22-2007, 04:29 AM
Fifty - deserves an "L" plate. Welcome to the club.

Whats that in human years...

Edited to add:

You do realise that you are only allowed a half share in 22/2?
I'm married to the woman who has the other half.

's OK just checked - and she says you can have it until local midnight - party on.

boylesboats
02-22-2007, 04:41 AM
Sonvabuck mate, I didn't even notice it... Well happy birthday to ya...
May your wishes come true..

rufustr
02-22-2007, 04:53 AM
Mate, you're so old I thought you'd be too embarrassed to go public.
Bloody lucky to get this far I'd say.:confused:

Congratulations and Happy Birthday.:)

The Bigfella
02-22-2007, 04:56 AM
Geez - fifty and still got all his bits. Do you think you get younger if you lop the old bits off eh Shane.

Happy birthday you old git / phart / geezer

davidagage
02-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Happy Birthday Wild One....:D

Does this mean you are officially a Git?:p

(Claudia is busy baking your cake so you should hear from her in a little bit)

Hwyl
02-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Welcome to the "Over the hill club"

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
02-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Not the original but (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0jGl6qrRZs)

Hwyl
02-22-2007, 06:38 AM
What's 50 years old today. A little rough around the edges. Carries on regardless of politics. Can operate on any sustenance. Good looking in an odd kind of way. Loved by everyone. Can be eaten when no longer useful.

Well it's Dingo and

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42599000/jpg/_42599533_daipresswales416300.jpg

mmd
02-22-2007, 06:51 AM
I would've said something, but, well, it slipped my mind. That happens a lot nowadays.

Bloody youngster!

Happy birthday, Shane.

Claudia
02-22-2007, 07:05 AM
YeeeeFlaminHappyBirthday!

http://www.brentozar.com/archives/2005/11/11/Birthday-Cake.jpg

Uncle Duke
02-22-2007, 07:13 AM
'ye see, Shane, you've just gotta give people a chance to wake up. You young kids are impatient, when you reach geezerhood you'll understand.
What? 50?
Ah. Nevermind. Happy Birthday!

TomF
02-22-2007, 07:45 AM
bloody hell, Dingo ... it's just that you pretend that you live a day in the future, compared with us. Your B-day notification is up on the front page today, not yesterday ...

Happy day!:D :D

Aussies. Always think they're bloody ahead of their time! International Date Line be damned.

grumble grumble.

Flying Orca
02-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Happy birthday! (I may be new around here, but I can certainly recognize a community's most, er, distinguished citizens. ;-) )

John Gearing
02-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Happy Birthday Ding!! And don't be too hard on us, eh? WB did put a birthday blurb on the front page today!

huisjen
02-22-2007, 08:29 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/huisjen/cake.jpg

Happy Old Phart Day!!

Dan

J. Dillon
02-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Happy Birthday . Only 50 ?? ya got most of ya life in front of you.:)

Ahh to be 60 again ;), or even 70 ;);)

All the best.

JD

htom
02-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Happy Birthday, Shane. Fifty is good, I remember fifty.

Gresham CA
02-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Happy Birthday Shane.

Rick Tyler
02-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Happy birthday Shane.
Gosh, if it wasn't for the fact I'm close ( relatively) on your heels I'd call you something old.
You '57 types are.. so ... so dramatic. right lttle Pricillas eh.
'58 is where its at.:D

Pups.

Wild Dingo
02-22-2007, 10:09 AM
aaahhh a foine day twere had for sure for sure :cool:

first up the delishious mighty midget the loverely possumpoop decided to shut the bedroom door and some how got the hoonettes an hoonberry of to school without waking me so I gots me a sleep in!! :D

then I musta coughed groaned or made some other noise which bought her in and after a happy birfdy kissyface she bought in me breaky in bed!!! :eek: RIDGEY DIDGE!! yep first time in years she made me some nicely cooked bacon 4 poached eggs {without the snotty white shyte.. just as I like em... runnny as!} an 2 ham slices with pineapple a couple of lightly fried tommyartoes cuppa coffee an a nice glass of fresh oj an mango juice :cool:

Soooo after a leisurely breaky I finally rose.. took something for the pain in me hand had me ablushuns and grabbin the keys started for the shed "oooh hun?" she says as she takes the keys and puts them away again "err yer?" says I "go get some nice shorts an shirt on were goin into town" "aaah shyte sweetbuns yer know I hate town just let me spend me birfdy in the shed eh?" "here you go get these on chop chop" and tossed me the clobber "sigh" I said in me loudest most dejected way but she just smiled and gently tapped her tiny foot

So into the car and were off... her yakkin about somethin or other me just twiddlin me thumbs as she drove into Bunbury and stopped in the cafe strip... never been to any of these places I mean for cryin out loud who in their right mind pays $5 - $10 for a cuppa? mad the buggars in my book... so as I turn to ask her what were doin here shes out an lockin the car "Well? come on out yer get" and so out I get and off we set...

to the second cafe along... and in she goes!! buggar that for a joke!! I mean these people wear shoes to drink a cuppa!!! so I grab a chair and sit on the sidewalk area and wait... she comes back and sits with a huge smile gives me a kissyface "happy birfdy sweetheart" she says and sits back lookin for all the world like Queen muckaduck herself!! :rolleyes: she knows I cant abide these places but here we are sittin like some rich nobs an her smilin to herself to shame the damned cheshire cat!

So anyways out waltzes the chick with a couple of large glasses full of something and creame... and another chicky comes out and laughs as she says "whos the birthday boy then?" Im abouot to let rip with one of me ever ready rants when Tiffany and little Lukas along with Melissa and tiny Iyszebelle come prancing around the corner laughing and singing "happy birfdy" at which point everyone within hearing distance joined in :eek: :o

Little Lukas jumped onto my knee and forced a bloody great wet slobberin kissyface and looked at me with those gorgeous blue eyes of his "Say poppy Lukas" yeah right I think as I hug the little takker "poppop" "whassat?" giggles "popop" wet kissess and huge laughter from everyone around

Bloody little bobby dazzler!! IM DA MAN!!! :cool:

so we stayed there for an hour enjoyin the brilliant sunshine the happy laughter an freindly people... great cafe!.. then she whisks me away and over to her parents where her mum made me a fanfriggintastic lunch home made silverside with fresh home made horseradish fresh garden salad vegies and a sweet to die for... ever had mango pawpaw banana and star fruit slathered in a creme brandy sauce with lashings of fresh whipped creame? oooooohhhh man :cool: so we spent another couple of hours sitting an chin waggin with them... best time Ive ever in 24 years of marriage to their eldest daughter have ever had with them.. real nice an freindly excellent:cool:

hang on Ive run outta smilies back in a tick ;)

Wild Dingo
02-22-2007, 10:28 AM
And then finally back home... wherein she finally let me escape to the shed! :cool: just as Tiff Lissa and the nippers drove in... so no sooner had I opened the shed door theres Lissa wanderin around next to me chatting away about whatever eyes on me like a hawk.. mmm I think... I ask her if she would mind getting me a coffee and off she goes... I turn to the bench and waas about to pick up the drill.. to put it away!!... when theres Tiff right at my elbow "an waddaya think yer upta daddyoh?" mmmm "here let me do it" and its done... mmm so I move to another area of the bench that needs sortin and there she is again chattin away takin things outta my reach as I reach for them all very casual an Tiffy like... mmm so I wander towarf the door at which point theres a just audible "thank buggary for that" from behind me as we exit and she takes the keys off me and locks up pocketting the keys!!:eek: :mad:

Tiffy is one of those kids you just cant be angry with you know? always smiling laughing doin good stuff you know? bloody little soanso I mutter as I wander over to the table and sit under the umbrella to get some shade... suddenly theres a cuppa an some thick rich black mud cake in front of me... alls good with the world again ;)

hoon an hoonettes come home with their usual mania an chaos... I stuck fast to me perch in relative peace... about 7 all the kids arrived along with Jo's parents in fact all except young Aaron whos away down in Esperence and couldnt make it and Lissa's Paul who was also working in Kal... and a great feast was had with much chatter laughter and cake!

And as I come to the end of this day my 50th birfdy I see my fav kini clad one has also baked me a fine wonderous delishous cake and feel an aweflaminsome feelin of utter contentment :cool:

Thank you all :cool: ... And the hoons and hoonettes all reckon they dont care what yous mob reckon Im now officially an OLD FART :cool: YESSSS! recognition... finally :D :D

Wild Dingo
02-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Happy birthday, Dingo!

50? Wow... I thought I was old... That's, like, ancient dude.

aaaahhh yes but mate I keep it hidden well :cool: .. just look at that dial aint that just plain the bestest lookin ancient ol fart you eva saw? ;) :D

However that was then this is now :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p5c1142eef687ea64995c0ad433518ddf/ea91bb12.jpg

Ah is 50 an ah gots da badge ta prove it! :D

damn! I kinda look a tad errrr ummm off me face in that one eh? :o try anothery?!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/pedaca361c91aeab02d41ae92daf74fba/ea91bb27.jpg

Nah thats... WORSE??? note to self... feelin like Joeboy about now :D}

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p885fb9a04590e2bc72dd0665e5f8fb5a/ea91bad1.jpg

It dont get much bedda than that dial!! :D

aaahhh age eh? such a beautiful thing... till yer look in the damned camera or mirror! :rolleyes:

rufustr
02-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Dingo,

Birthdays don't get much better than that:cool:

You must have done lots of things right over the years;)

50 must be feeling pretty good:)

Congrats again.

Robbie
02-25-2007, 04:08 AM
Happy birthday Dingo

John B
02-25-2007, 04:15 AM
Please tell me you have more than just the hat on.:eek:

Wild Dingo
02-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Please tell me you have more than just the hat on.:eek:

:o Well :o

Actually... not much else :D :D What can I say its hot!! pair of whacketty dak silk boxers an thats mate ;) ;)

Scarey eh!! :D :D