PDA

View Full Version : New 'Tradition'...Word of The Week, "IDIOT!"

Nanoose
02-20-2007, 05:46 PM
This appears to be the word of the week. Lets see if we can get it into every thread. Prize goes to whoever gets it into every post WITHOUT any malice!

Katherine
02-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Should be idiot proof, but ya never know around here.

Phillip Allen
02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
idiot
c.1300, "person so mentally deficient as to be incapable of ordinary reasoning," from O.Fr. idiote "uneducated or ignorant person," from L. idiota "ordinary person, layman," in L.L. "uneducated or ignorant person," from Gk. idiotes "layman, person lacking professional skill," lit. "private person," used patronizingly for "ignorant person," from idios "one's own" (see idiom).
"Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." [Mark Twain, c.1882]
Idiot box "television

MattL
02-20-2007, 06:21 PM
idot, we don't need no stinking idiots. We dumber than a rock anyway.

Memphis Mike
02-20-2007, 06:24 PM
There are several here but a lot less than there used to be.

Memphis Mike
02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Dumber than a bucket-o-rocks.

Speaking of.

Concordia...41
02-20-2007, 06:49 PM
This appears to be the word of the week. Lets see if we can get it into every thread. Prize goes to whoever gets it into every post WITHOUT any malice!

In idiot-proof terms, please state how the week will be determined and who will be the idiot judge.

David Tabor (sailordave)
02-20-2007, 06:54 PM
In idiot-proof terms, please state how the week will be determined and who will be the idiot judge.

Is that the IDIOT JUDGE.... or the Judge of Idiots?:p Or the judge of who is an idiot?

I think the week should be Sunday to Sat, but only if we start this contest every Sunday AM.
If not, then it should be 168 hours from when the thread starts.
But what does this idiot know...:rolleyes:

bamamick
02-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Something we taught the kids when they were small and never worked our way out of. 'stupid' is another. These were words that would bring down some punishment on the wee ones were they to use them around my wife or myself. I have since heard them use these words as young adults. I suppose this proves that their exposure to such things is stronger out in the world than what we tried to teach them as small children, but they do not use them as a rule when I am around and I guess that that is something.

Mickey Lake

Nanoose
02-20-2007, 07:28 PM
good for you, Mickey. I don't particularly like the word idiot, but was just amazed at how it was getting thrown around here the past couple of days. So, let's play!

Nanoose
02-20-2007, 07:29 PM

I nominate Margo! :)

...and how about if we say the week's winner gets to pick the Word of The Week for the upcoming week?

boylesboats
02-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Idoits? Who?

Nanoose
02-20-2007, 07:42 PM

I think this week we'll have a 'short' week, and have the 'week' officially start on Sunday mornings. OK for everyone?

Maybe the judge could rotate too....so, last week's winner picks the word of the week for the upcoming week, and last week's word submitter becomes judge for the upcoming week.

So, if Margo's in for this week, it would look like this
1. Margo is this week's judge and will pick who 'wins' and gets to pick next week's word.
2. as Deb submitted the word this week, she'll be next week's judge, unless she decides to pass the honor on to someone else who accepts nomination.
3. 'weeks' will run Sunday 8 a.m. GMT (??) to Sunday 8 a.m. GMT

So as to be in the running for this week's win...what do you idiots think?

Wild Dingo
02-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Can we start the idiot of the week NEXT week? ;)

personally I think it a bit rough starting an idiot of the week comp when Ive clearly shown that I am the idiot for this week :mad:

but if not an in light of forum mateship... I accept the crown of idiot of the week and thank me mum the missus an hoons who got me this way an me mates here at the wbf for their encouragement in my winning the inaugral wbf flamin dipstick dopey wombat idiot of the week award :rolleyes: :D

thank you sniff thank you sniff :o :cool:

Nanoose
02-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Well, Dingo's got my vote, but the week is young!....and IF MARGO ACCEPTS, it'll be up to her to decide. :)

Oopie....I forgot!!....That should have read, "Well, idiot Dingo's got my vote...."

Whew! That was a close one!!! :) :eek: :)

Wild Dingo
02-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, Dingo's got my vote, but the week is young!....and IF MARGO ACCEPTS, it'll be up to her to decide. :)

Oopie....I forgot!!....That should have read, "Well, idiot Dingo's got my vote...."

Whew! That was a close one!!! :) :eek: :)

well buggar me eh? you make the comp an then hand over to bluey? :eek: now i know i wont win!! :( see she wubs me an would nebba ebba call me an idiot :p

much :D :D

Nanoose
02-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Of course, we'll have to prove the idiot judge hasn't been fraternizing with any of the idiot contestants, now won't we, Shane! :)

Wild Dingo
02-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Sure will.. actually i think maybe you should win the idiot of the week this week ;)

bit hard for the idiot judge to fratenize with this idiot contestant when were oceans away... that was just a plain idiot thought so... you win!! :D :D :D

Claudia
02-20-2007, 08:22 PM
As I was reading this my computer suffered from an ID 10 T error...

(actually posted by Claudia's geekie husband...that would be me...David)

Wild Dingo
02-20-2007, 08:29 PM
this is gettin harder by the second :eek:

now im gonna have to nominate that idiot young david :rolleyes: ... only a total idiot would be idiot enough to use his new missus's login to post an idiot comment :D

Claudia
02-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Geez...ya'll should have called me an idiot for posting on the wrong thread.

stevebaby
02-20-2007, 08:46 PM
'How sweet to be an idiot,
As harmless as a cloud...'
http://www.skepticfiles.org/en001/idiot.htm
A Song for the Sensitive, the Idiot Song. +gt;From the Album, Monty Python Live at Drury L

Official song for the week?

Nanoose
02-20-2007, 09:53 PM

Ok now, that was pretty good. I think you're gonna give Shane a run for his money here.

Still wondering if Margo's up to bein this week's judge?...

Nanoose
02-20-2007, 10:21 PM
'How sweet to be an idiot,
As harmless as a cloud...'
http://www.skepticfiles.org/en001/idiot.htm
A Song for the Sensitive, the Idiot Song. +gt;From the Album, Monty Python Live at Drury L

Official song for the week?

Absolutely! This is getting more exciting by the minute! Word AND song (must match in some way) of the week! Kewl :)

Oopie....I FORGOT AGAIN!!! Ok....lessee......"Absolutely! This is getting more idiotically exciting by the minute! (do derivatives of the word count?....who's got the rule book?!?) That's right - we're makin it up as we go, so unless this week's judge tells me to go fly a kite, that idiotic attempt will stand.

There! Even if she overrides me, I'm good. Whew....

BrianW
02-20-2007, 10:27 PM

(actually posted by Claudia's geekie husband...that would be me...David)

I was wondering when the ID 10 T joke would show up.

In aviation, is was the id10t receiver, which any newby could find near the a.s.h. receiver.

Nanoose
02-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh, Brian....I don't see an 'idiot' in that post. Care to edit?

Ron Joslin
02-21-2007, 05:36 AM
I was wondering when the ID 10 T joke would show up.

In aviation, is was the id10t receiver, which any newby could find near the a.s.h. receiver.

Brian, when that Idiot sent you for the id10t receiver were you also sent for a gal. of prop wash? That trick of Idiot-Duty saved me from over half a days hangerbay scrubdown! :D

paladin
02-21-2007, 06:33 AM
No true idiot would ever fall for that.....we sent newbies out to find a Baker 1 Roger Dog...and if he could find one we directed him to check the Tee arr double e's......

Tylerdurden
02-21-2007, 06:41 AM
Donn posts regularly, that should satisfy the requirement.

High C
02-21-2007, 09:15 AM
It's amazing how often the word is used in a back firing attempt to insult, i.e. "your an idiot". Oopsie, got some on ya! :D

George Roberts
02-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Only an idiot would hike off a mountain in a white out using a compass.

Hwyl
02-21-2007, 09:29 AM
I was subconciously thinking of building a luxury boat.

I'd call it the "Idyacht"

Nanoose
02-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Only an idiot would hike off a mountain in a white out using a compass.

Ah, George, you've already proved you're an idiot with that one.

Gareth............Well done!!! :) :)

Nanoose
02-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Bump...

Well, tomorrow is the start of another week!...a new word of the week?? Margo...are you there, Margo. Were you to be this week's judge?...

Nanoose
02-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Appropriate? ABSOLUTELY NOT!