PDA

View Full Version : Cats and dogs

ishmael
02-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm listening to the public debate on Iraq, on the morning talkies. Golly, we've made a mess of things.

When I was around dogs the last time, at Joe's and rubbing shoulders with Jamie's Kay Lee it was a remarkable difference. I'm just as happy with Catawumpous. I'm quite clear where she's coming from, and it's so much easier than dog.

That said, being with Shadow, the Dupere's large retriever mix, was great. We liked each other in a way cats just don't fit in.

And then there's an African Grey parrot! Rosie. Who, frankly, looked on the proceedings with a bit of disdain.

Anyway, I liked being with dog again. But I was reminded just how different they are, and how much work.

My brother recently gave up his yellow lab pup. He wasn't up to her, she found better digs, and to his credit he gave her up.

Just musings.

Phillip Allen
02-11-2007, 09:39 AM
The very reason I do not have a dog is the high maintainance required...I look upon my pets as a personal responsibility. Once "adopted", I owe that critter a living and a safe place to sleep and live...I take this seriously. In return, I recieve a kind of companionship...a good trade.