PDA

View Full Version : Eel Recipes

Capt. Quint
02-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I got several mason jars of nice fat eels I put up last fall. Them and the fingerling taters are getting long in the tooth about now plus the onions is starting to put up sprouts.
I am partial to Eel Pie when the Eels is fresh but I don't think they do well in pie fer sitting for so long in the canning jars.

Done lots of chowder this winter. I am looking for ideas of other ways to use 'em up.

First post tho I have been looking in on these forums for a time now.

I don't like to spend too much time in the galley this time of year. Getting the sharpie and St Pete's dory ready for spring and summer fishing, clamming and scalloping.

Looking forward to your suggests.

Tristan
02-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Only eel I ever had was in Denmark, fried eel, lots of em, followed by the biggest strawberries I ever saw heaped with whipped cream and all washed down with aquavit. After i ate a couple plates of eels our hosts told me that there was a saying that eating one plate of fried eels would cause one to have dreams! Well, I did discover what they meant, had an entire night of indigestion for my gluttony. Anyhow, try 'em fried, but not too many.

B_B
02-07-2007, 05:43 PM
too late for eel sushi, my favourite...unagi IIRC