PDA

View Full Version : A little more inspiration

cs
02-07-2007, 08:11 AM
I posted on the Meerkat news about the renaming of my "perfect design" which is now called "The MeerKat" in honor of Dave.

Ian sent me an e-mail with another idea that goes beyond my small geasture. When the plans are completed he suggested selling them and part of the proceeds going to some sort of Cancer care charity.

Three things stand in the way right now.

First and formost is the fact that we still have to finish the design.

Second is a matter of liability, my personal liability that is. What if the design is not so "perfect" and somebody goes turtle? What is my liability?

Third is I'm not sure what cancer charity would be the best. First one in my mind is the American Cancer Society.

If we go forward with this I will talk with our sponsers about this and see if they are willing to help in any way.

I'm thinking 50% of proceeds will go to charity.

Any input welcome and also anyone interested in helping with the design go over to Design/Plans and help away.

Chad

Joe (SoCal)
02-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Stevenson boats sells plans with far less professional sign off than you and MMD have put into your design. Do not give yourself any less credit for a worthy design. Also a simple boilerplate disclaimer should take care of any liability.

As an international community I would look into a more WORLDLY cancer cause, remember to always think of Meerkat in your choices, what would he want. He was globally conscience.

Lastly I do not think this venture is going to make heaps of money so its more about the thought and immortalizing Meerkats screenname

Good on ya chad.

cs
02-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Any other thoughts?

Chad

paladin
02-07-2007, 07:45 PM
build the boat....

cs
02-07-2007, 07:50 PM
First we have to finish the design.

Chad