PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, stupid cat.

Milo Christensen
02-06-2007, 01:51 PM
The hair shedding, eating, sleeping, litter box filling cat managed to completely entangle himself in a very large black plastic shopping bag by sticking his head through one of the handles, then twisting around and sticking his front legs and head through the other handle.

Marilyn said she heard the strangest rustling sound in the sewing room, then this blur flew out, with the black shopping bag ballooned out behind him. Every time the stupid cat looked back the big black bag was gaining on him, so he went careening around the house with the bag flapping and catching on things, which jerked on his neck and set him off all over again. She couldn't get him to stop.

He ended up cowering, exhausted, in the utility room in the basement with pee all over himself and the bag. And now he's limping and holding up his right foreleg.

Popeye
02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
i trained my cat to type in all of my comments on the global warming thread

TimH
02-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Cats can be pretty amusing eh ? hehe

ishmael
02-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Poor thing. Cats panic like all of us, if for different reasons. Getting tangled in something is high on their list.

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again - and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore." ~Mark Twain, Following the Equator, 1897

TomF
02-06-2007, 04:03 PM
err, ... ummm, so who let the cat out of the bag?

sorry, couldn't resist any longer ...

elf
02-06-2007, 04:06 PM
It's the hissing sound that spooks them. They think it's some sort of predator - a snake or such.

But the brighter cats can be gotten to stop running around when the human tells them to. It's called trusting the human more than being scared.

Phillip Allen
02-06-2007, 04:32 PM
My friend tells a story of his cat wandering around on his shop bench while he was dying a pair of shoes...the bottle of leather dye standing open neafby. The bottle falls over and the liquid inside sploots out and bulls eyes the poor cats ...ah...rear end orifice... the cat looks back with disgust then it starts burning...!?! Now my friend has a series of printed patterns on his bench that look like...that look odd.

S/V Laura Ellen
02-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Poor thing. Cats panic like all of us, if for different reasons. Getting tangled in something is high on their list.

It probably has something to do with them not having opposable thumbs.

Katherine
02-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Part of my Christmas present from a certain some one was a nice bottle of perfume. My orange tabby cat, Karmel, has seen fit to run off with it. I've asked her several times what she did with it, but so far she's been stubborn. It's probably with everything else that she disappears with.:rolleyes:

Phillip Allen
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Part of my Christmas present from a certain some one was a nice bottle of perfume. My orange tabby cat, Karmel, has seen fit to run off with it. I've asked her several times what she did with it, but so far she's been stubborn. It's probably with everything else that she disappears with.:rolleyes:

You'll be able to find her standing on the street corner...approach from down wind to make finding which corner she's on easier

merlinron
02-06-2007, 06:38 PM
while building my present house, we had cat that lived in the house all the time it was being built. it would follow me around in the trusses and everywhere else i would go.

time came to pour the garage foundation.... the truck was there with the chute over the forms. out of the corner of my eye i saw some movement in the form..... i had to stop the pour, take a lower form panel off and get our cat out of the wall......