PDA

View Full Version : Heaven in the eyes of a child

cs
02-06-2007, 07:52 AM
I think that Daddys and Daughters have this special connection. It is different than the releationship I shared with my Mom or Dad or even my wife. Don't get me wrong all of those were and are special in their own way.

But for example I don't enjoy walking through the grocery store, but I look forward to going to the grocery store with just my daughter. She walks with me and talks about any and everything. Or when she is riding in the car with me to go get ice cream. Or when we take the dog for a walk.

Of course she is at the age where she doesn't hold my hand anymore, but that is okay. I understand that.

Heaven is found in the eyes of a child.

Sorry if I go on about my kid, but hey that is what I do.

http://img.clubphoto.com/jerboa/125679854/512/null/image.jpg

Chad

Tar Devil
02-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Thanks, Chad. Nice touch to this place.

The early years with Lauren were some of the sweetest imaginable.

The teen years...

Be prepared! ;)

Later,

Phil

Wild Dingo
02-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Funny Chad some girls keep that hold daddys hand into their teens and beyond... Tiffs like that thinks nothing of reaching out and holding my hand if were walking through the shops and I think nothing of it either just a nice feeling (shes 21 now with a littley and a fiance) Yaz at 23 will sometimes on rare moments reach out and hold my hand or put her arms around me and hug me out of the blue great feeling but becoming less (issues with bf) at the same age Melissa doesnt anymore gives a nice wee peck on the cheek but thats it :rolleyes: ... Bethany will OCCASIONALLY when princess Bethy is in the mood will test the waters and give me her cheek to kiss or simply stand with arms to her side and asy "sigh oh hug me if you must... okay thats long enough" and move on while Jac will give me a hug anytime shes within cooee of me... but kiss on the cheek only on rare momentous occasions (birthdays not necessarily momentous enough :rolleyes: ) Brie will still cuddle sit on me knee give me huggles and kisses whenever she needs one an thats gettin rarer as she moves into her princess stage (having 2 princesses living with her showing her the "errors of her ways" when dealing with hugs and such is becomeing more and more Princess Bethys twin... but cant resist holding my hand when they arent looking!! :cool:

Funny about pet names too... dont know if youve got them for yours mate but Tiff still enjoys being called "flea" while Yaz loves me calling her "my little YaYa" Lissa loves being called "Wissywoo" Bethy is "princess Bethy" IF YOU DONT MIND... Jac smiles when shes called "bopster" while Brie loves "Brie Narna"... funny how they become special eh? and the kids remember them and the little ditties you make up for them?

heaven is being with your kids... from a dads eyes... holdin hands with your daughter skippin stones with your son things that make the heart sing and smile... they grow up TOO BLOODY FAST!!... but hey then they have nippers of their own and it starts all over again!! :D grandhoons bloodyfanfriggintastic creatures!! :cool: and the beauty with them is... when they stinkypoos you just hand em back!! "oh its yours!" :D:D

Cheers Chad

TomF
02-06-2007, 08:56 AM
...heaven is being with your kids... from a dads eyes... holdin hands with your daughter skippin stones with your son things that make the heart sing and smile...Truer words...

But then, I've the luck to parent 3 of the great kids of our time ... :D My youngest said "Dad, every dad feels that way about his kids."

I sure hope so.

t.

paladin
02-06-2007, 09:06 AM
My first daughter and first cocker spaniel had more flight hours than most beginning commercial pilots......and the boys would point to the sky evrytime a plane flew overhead, and say "daddy's airplane" (if I wasn't home) until they were 6-7 years old.....youngest daughter would crawl out of her bed and curl up with Wuff 'cause he was warm....

Katherine
02-06-2007, 12:23 PM
The teen years...

Be prepared! ;)

Later,

PhilDon't worry, it passes. :D I still talk to Dad almost every day.:)

Chad, just wait until she start's dating.:rolleyes: ;)
"No dad, he's not an axe murderer. No dad he hasn't touched me . . ." You get the idea.:p

geeman
02-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I remember when one of my daughters brought her 1st boyfriend home.I sat on the porch and quietly cleaned one of my pistols while the young man an I had a meaningful "lets get to know one another" chat.

bamamick
02-06-2007, 01:58 PM
No sons. Of course I sort of wish we had had a son, but my daughters have been my world for so long that I can't remember a time when they weren't around.

So funny. My youngest is now a sophomore in college. We have gone to see every Harry Potter movie together as it has come out. She was a kid when we started doing that. She will be a woman when the next one comes out.

I have had two potential son-in-law's do the whole 'go down on a knee and ask for my daughter's hand' thing (my 22 year old twins). Neither wedding ever took place.

She will grow up, Chad. Enjoy it now, but you will enoy later, as well.

Mickey Lake

Keith Wilson
02-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Chad, yer a good man. http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/images/icons/icon14.gif

And if things get weird when she's a teenager, just hang in there and remember it's temporary; they come around. My daughter's 20 and still likes me to read her Sherlock Holmes stories sometimes.

Claudia
02-06-2007, 03:52 PM
When it comes to a dad and his daughter, no matter how old we are...they are strong, our heroes and we are always their little girl.

Claudia
02-06-2007, 07:07 PM
For every dad with a daughter:)
http://http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/t/tim_mcgraw/my_little_girl.html

Claudia
02-06-2007, 07:14 PM
And another..just one of those days
http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/h/heartland/i_loved_her_first.html