PDA

View Full Version : GOOChFEST

Joe Dupere
02-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Greater Orrington Orono Chili FEST.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid223/p848e5df2fcd83dad3411f5f3fd55b549/eac7f6f6.jpg

From the right to the left, Jack Heinlen (Ish) Jamie Johnson (Uncus/Airlie)
and Joe Dupere (FPoP)

Jamie and Jack came over to my place tonight for a chili fest prepared by my lovely wife Kyle. Jamie introduced us to his very own SWMBO, (once
we explained to him what it meant) Ceileidh, a very sweet young thing with lots of beautiful black curls and big brown eyes. Although I understand Marley has been wooing her through the mails.

A good time was had by all. Joe, CSoH, if you can work this into Meer's
film, we'd appreciate it.

Joe, Jack and Jamie

ishmael
02-05-2007, 11:37 PM
A very pleasant evening. Thanks again Kyle for cooking, and Joe for the suggestion. We were going to go to a restaurant, but it was nice to have a bit of home cooking. Good people, all.

Godspeed, Jamie. Quite the adventure ahead of him with Airlie.

jack grebe
02-05-2007, 11:57 PM
It's good to see folks out living life and having fun;)

rufustr
02-06-2007, 01:40 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid223/p848e5df2fcd83dad3411f5f3fd55b549/eac7f6f6.jpg

Now who are these blokes?

BrianW
02-06-2007, 01:47 AM
ZZ Top?

ishmael
02-06-2007, 02:01 AM
Larry, Curly, and Moe. Wink.

Rick Starr
02-06-2007, 08:09 AM
An ISHMAEL sighting?!? Wow!

LOL, it may take me some time to integrate that picture with my mental image of Jack.

Anyway, looks like good times! I envy you the chili. And the flannel, for that matter.

Joe Dupere
02-06-2007, 08:12 AM
That look on Jamie's face comes from the realization that his pants were catching on fire!! The woodstove is right behind him.

Joe, FPoP

Milo Christensen
02-06-2007, 08:24 AM
... it may take me some time to integrate that picture with my mental image of Jack...

Dude! Just goes to show that we don't know Jack. Jack is the least scary, best looking one of the three.

Lookin' good, Jack!!!

Mrleft8
02-06-2007, 08:34 AM
I don't think the woodstove has anything to do with Jaime's pants catching fire...
And..... Excuse me, Jack,.... Where's all the black curly hair?

ishmael
02-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Photographs are odd things. It's maybe mostly apocryphal, but when the first photographers went west in the Americas the natives, after seeing the results, often refused to be photographed. Ain't gonna steal my soul! Huh uh.

A locked-down home I worked at did a group photo of the staff and inmates together. It was hilarious. Most people off the street would have put the staff behind bars and set the inmates free.

I like this photo. It was sorta proforma, at the end of the evening, and I do think I see a little smoke rising from Jamie's ears. That stove was hot! And Jamie was right in front of the bed of coals.

It was a pleasant evening. It was nice to dine with a family, and friend on the road, and three dogs, and an African Grey named Rosie. Thanks again, Joe and Kyle and Ian, for inviting us into your home.

Wild Dingo
02-06-2007, 09:48 AM

So let me see if Ive got this right Joe

From the right to the left, Jack Heinlen (Ish) Jamie Johnson (Uncus/Airlie) and Joe Dupere (FPoP)

Sooo thats Jamie in the middle... I KNEW THAT!! :p ...But is that Jack on MY right or on the right of the pic or on the left of the pic but to the right in the pic or am I wrong and Jacks the shortwheeled base on the left?

Kinda had young Jack pegged as about 6ft 10 or so dark haired buggar and there you go an show a pic of him as a shortass grey haired ol phart?... damne the imaginations a shockin bullshyter aint it!! :D :D

oh right the shortassed one is you!! gawd sometimes ones thoughts of what someone looks like doesnt come anywhere near what they look like in reality eh!! :D :D

Anyway its okay Joe... your in good company ol son! comin from another shortassed tubby white bearded gray haired ol phart that is ;) Good to put faces to the names!

Mind you I reckon Jamie looks like the proverbial stunned mullet :D

Joe Dupere
02-06-2007, 11:25 AM
That's okay Dingo, I forgot you're in Australia and the picture is upside down for you. I'm the one with the grey beard and glasses, no wait, we all have grey beards and glasses. :D So how about this, Jamie's in the middle, wearing the orange shirt, Jack's on the end and is wearing the plaid shirt, I'm on the other end wearing the grey vest.

Hope this clarifies everybody's mental image of who's who.

Joe, FPoP

Joe (SoCal)
02-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Damn !!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jamie beat me to meeting Ish :(

Looking good all ;) :D
And man I love Chili.
Sorry guys the film is done I may edit the film and add to if I can.

Joe

Keith Wilson
02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Good God, are all of us (Katherine and JoeCSOH excepted) middle-aged guys with graying beards and a bit of a pot? My wife has noted that at wooden boat events (and Gordon Bok concerts, FWIW) all the guys look alike. I would fit right in that lineup, and people would get confused and ask was he the one with the beard on the left or the one with the plaid shirt and the beard, or the longish beard and the . . . :D

TimH
02-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Its the three Amigos! :-)

Mrleft8
02-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Ah.... I had Joe and Jack bass ackwards.... And come to think of it....Jack's looking at Jaime like he might freeze well, and be just fine in a stew come April.... :D

Joe (SoCal)
02-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Spew Lefty :D :D :D

TomF
02-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Good God, are all of us (Katherine and JoeCSOH excepted) middle-aged guys with graying beards and a bit of a pot? .... I would fit right in that lineup, and people would get confused and ask was he the one with the beard on the left or the one with the plaid shirt and the beard, or the longish beard and the . . . :DSolely in the interest of diversity, I'm trying to lose the pot. The greying beard and flannel shirts stay.

t

Keith Wilson
02-06-2007, 02:54 PM
No diversity there; we're all trying to lose the pot, some with more success than others. ;)

Joe Dupere
02-06-2007, 03:02 PM
No diversity there; we're all trying to lose the pot, some with more success than others. ;)

The narcs took care of all my po.., oh, never mind.

Joe, FPoP

Joe Dupere
02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh, and Jamie and Jack? Kyle said it was really nice to meet my imaginary friends!! :D

Joe, FPoP

TomF
02-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Oh, and Jamie and Jack? Kyle said it was really nice to meet my imaginary friends!! :D

Joe, FPoPCould she tell you apart, or did she think you had multiple personality disorder?

Having dinner with multiples of myself might account for the pot.

MattL
02-06-2007, 03:38 PM
To me it looks like a trio of Jerry Garcia impersonaters

Mrleft8
02-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Joe..... Where's your left thumb? :D

brad9798
02-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Ish looks JUST as I pictured ... but about 50lbs heavier! ;)

Paul Girouard
02-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Joe..... Where's your left thumb? :D

Who knows, their all playin pocket pool:D

Would that be three of a kind??

And ya this thread title could use a lot of work:rolleyes: GOOChfest WTH!!:rolleyes:

So Jack you don't look so bad off you couldn't still be swingin a hammer.

Stay dry eh;)

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
02-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Chili and good friends on a cold day in Maine.
Doesn't get any better than that eh?
I thought you guys ate chowda?
Great photo.

ishmael
02-07-2007, 10:51 PM
"Ish looks JUST as I pictured ... but about 50lbs heavier!"

Fifty pounds! Man, you want me skin and bones? I'm 190 at five eleven, last I measured, which was awhile ago, but pretty much that now. I'd like to shed fifteen, but fifty!? LOL Last time I was 140 was in high school.

More important, I've gotten flabby from too little exercise.

A digression. Some form of exercise you like is very important. I like to walk, and do yoga, and I need to do more of both.

Nanoose
02-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Good God, are all of us (Katherine and JoeCSOH excepted) middle-aged guys with graying beards and a bit of a pot? . . . :D

EXCUSE ME?????

Wild Dingo
02-08-2007, 09:49 AM
EXCUSE ME?????

Yeah Keith!! :p What DEB said!!... EXCUSE ME!!! :mad:

I mean aside from the young trim terrific young Deb up there ahem thats DEB as in DEBORAH as in I dont know many blokes with Deborah or Deb for their name! If you do mate you need to meet some BLOKES!! :eek: :D

Theres young delishious Claudia her of the yellow polkadotted kini an recent nuptuals along with her notory the fiery redhead from Florida Margo also known as bluey... young Lisa and several other sheila type people who COULDNT in a purple haze drug an LSD induced shroom munchin fit be called
"middle-aged guys with graying beards and a bit of a pot?" :eek:

But mate theres also me... I mean Im trim taut an terrific cool suave debonair in a dashing sorta way young fit an well so good lookin I put young Joe to shame :cool: ... (I can dream!!! :D )

No but serious mate settle down theres some fine figured sheilas onboard the WBF :cool:

See Deb Im stickin up for yer!! ;) ;)

huisjen
02-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Um, you all didn't eat any frozen corn or frozen peas provided by Joe, did you?

Dan

Keith Wilson
02-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Good God, are all of us (Katherine and JoeCSOH excepted) middle-aged guys with graying beards and a bit of a pot? Well, I guess we aren't. Gomen nasai (bows humbly). Just most of us. ;)

Wild Dingo
02-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Just most of us. ;)

THASRITE! :cool: An donyerfergitit yer yobbo! :D :D

We fixed his wagon good an propa didnt we Debs? ;) :p

ccmanuals
02-08-2007, 10:37 AM
This guy would fit right in :D

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/blogs/static/dowbrigade/unibomber.jpg

Wild Dingo
02-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Strike me roan mate!! :eek: An here I thought yer were a right good looking bloke... for a bloke that is ;) ... an yer go show a pic like that?? :rolleyes:

I mean comeon!! theres gotta be a better pic of yer somewhere about?? in an old OLD photo album? out the back in the shed? up in the attic?... Ask the missus!! She would know where your childhood pics are hidden!!

Strewth mate I wouldnt show me pic if the only one I had was a rap sheet mug shot like that :( Tis sad... what about we send young Joeboy over your way what with his 1001+ cameras glued to his bod he of all people would be able to get at least 1 good one??? Worth a go eh? :D :D

Keith Wilson
02-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Here's the original. The rest of us are just imitators.

http://www2.eugeneweekly.com/2001/11_15_01/graphics/movie2_11_15.jpg

Nanoose
02-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah Keith!! :p What DEB said!!... EXCUSE ME!!! :mad:

I mean aside from the young trim terrific young Deb up there ahem thats DEB as in DEBORAH as in I dont know many blokes with Deborah or Deb for their name! If you do mate you need to meet some BLOKES!! :eek: :D

Theres young delishious Claudia her of the yellow polkadotted kini an recent nuptuals along with her notory the fiery redhead from Florida Margo also known as bluey... young Lisa and several other sheila type people who COULDNT in a purple haze drug an LSD induced shroom munchin fit be called :eek:

But mate theres also me... I mean Im trim taut an terrific cool suave debonair in a dashing sorta way young fit an well so good lookin I put young Joe to shame :cool: ... (I can dream!!! :D )

No but serious mate settle down theres some fine figured sheilas onboard the WBF :cool:

See Deb Im stickin up for yer!! ;) ;)

THANK YOU, SHANE!! :) I knew I could count on you! ;)

Joe Dupere
02-08-2007, 12:16 PM
This guy would fit right in :D

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/blogs/static/dowbrigade/unibomber.jpg

Well, who do you think is taking the picture!!

Joe, FPoP

Keith Wilson
02-08-2007, 12:35 PM
And he was good at woodworking, too!

ishmael
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Have you read his manifesto? It's long, rambling, erudite in places. I have to admit agreeing with him more than a few times. This love of continuous driving growth, technology, is likely to be our downfall, in which case Ted will become an honored martyr in the after time.

In no way do I endorse his mad bomber approach(you have to say these disclaimers today.)

Paul Girouard
02-08-2007, 08:56 PM
And he was good at woodworking, too!

Ted ?? He lived in a damned tarpaper shack!! He was a woodworker?? No way he was to smart fer that:rolleyes: