PDA

View Full Version : Man Jumps Off N.J. Bridge To Impress Date

clancy
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
SEA BRIGHT, N.J. -- Love is patient; love is kind. And sometimes, love causes people to do strange things.

Four police officers, a bridge tender and two good Samaritans had to rescue a man who jumped off the Sea Bright-Rumson Bridge to impress a woman on their second date.
Police said Adam Koppel fell 20 to 30 feet into the frigid Shrewsbury River early Saturday.
The 25-year-old clung to the base of the bridge while police mobilized a rescue effort. They finally needed a rope and ladder to haul him in.
Police charged the Atlantic Highlands resident with disorderly conduct. But that wasn't the worst of it.
Sea Bright Police Chief William Moore told the Asbury Park Press the woman said there wouldn't be a third date.

boylesboats
02-06-2007, 12:42 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwww, ain't too bad... Really it is a stupid thing to do..

skuthorp
02-06-2007, 12:54 AM
I knew a bloke who jumped off a 3rd floor balcony because his girl wouldn't say she loved him. The building was on a slope, he'd come in the back and thought he was on the ground floor! Fortunately there was deep snow and he survived with a few small breaks.

Hwyl
02-06-2007, 01:30 AM
That's nothing, I know a guy who gave up a job he loved, spent all his money ----oh wait I'm talking about me.

rufustr
02-06-2007, 01:35 AM
My management keeps suggesting that I might like to jump off a very high bridge.:confused:
It's worth not doing it just to upset her.;)

boylesboats
02-06-2007, 03:13 AM
My management keeps suggesting that I might like to jump off a very high bridge.:confused:
It's worth not doing it just to upset her.;)

And no nooky:D

JimD
02-06-2007, 05:39 AM
That's nothing, I know a guy who gave up a job he loved, spent all his money ----oh wait I'm talking about me.

Yeah, but that was for a boat.

cjp63
02-06-2007, 08:01 AM
The gene pool has been weakened. They should have left him go.

TimH
02-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Men sure are stupid :-)

Wild Dingo
02-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Men sure are stupid :-)

too right!! I mean how many flamin sheilas have you heard of that jump of a bloody bridge to impress a bloke eh? buggar all!!... they gets us to do it!!... "ooh snookywookums you loves me dontcha?" "ooohhh honeysweetums of course I do" "well if you really REALLY love me..." "yes dearesthoneypot ANYTHING"... well if your really REALLy want me to go the next step with you..." "ANYTHING ANYTHING AT ALL PLEASE JUST TELL ME AN I'LL DO IT!" "well... if you did love me youd jump of that bridge for me" "mmm so if I jump of this bridge you'll go to second base?..." "ooh yes.."

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!! See I tol yer I loved ... yeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrkkkk"

Dumbass :rolleyes:

Sheilas get all the flamin fun! :mad: JUST ONCE!!! Just once Id like to be able to tell her bloody highness to jump of a bloody bridge (a small widdle bridge of course cause I wouldnt want one widdle bit of her hurt ;) )... instead of her tellin me to take a flyin leap :rolleyes: :D :D

Katherine
02-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Can't say it' the least impressive thing I've seen a guy do:rolleyes: , but man was he stupid.:D

nedL
02-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Not a particularly smart move :rolleyes: . The water moves pretty fast there when the current is running regardless of the cold. Unfortunately, some of the people of Atlanic Highlands aren't known for their smarts either. Nice area though - I grew up three blocks from that bridge.

Vince Brennan
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Betcha he was an import, not native to the area.

Then again, it IS New Jersey, so....
(Yougoddaprob'emwiddat?)
:D

B_B
02-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Can't say it' the least impressive thing I've seen a guy do:rolleyes:
do tell! :eek:

Steve Paskey
02-07-2007, 07:12 PM
The gene pool has been weakened. They should have left him go.

Nah. There's no danger to the gene pool unless he can reproduce. That seems unlikely.

B_B
02-07-2007, 07:19 PM
steve - he said the 'The gene pool has been weakened. They should have let [sic] him go' - they weakened the gene pool by letting him live...substraction by addition ;)

cjp63
02-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks B.B. for clearing that up and the grammatical correction.

ishmael
02-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Two dates, ya say? Man, this fellow needs a 72 hour involuntary incarceration for a psych. evaluation. I've done some sappy things for love, but never after two dates. And I've never contemplated jumping into a river in winter. Killing my lover, yes, but jumping into a freezing river? Never. LOL.

nedL
02-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Yup, pretty diverse gene pool around there. The next town down the shore from there (Highlands) is where the first two men to row across the Atlantic came from (1896), so I guess they've been doing dumb things for quite a while. :D :D Back during prohibition when the locals would run their Jersey skiffs out to the offshore 'supply boats' in the middle of the night for a load of contraban it was written that 'there would be two men aboard, one to steer and the other to pump. Any lot other than those Jersey boys would have brought a third along, to call for help.' :)

Bill R
02-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Dumba$$.