PDA

View Full Version : why don't we just take over mexico?

seafox
02-03-2007, 05:44 PM
seems like a win/ win. mexicans get the american minium wage with out having to migrate and we give them the protistant work ethic. america gets rid of at least 60 percent of its illeagle imigrants and we have room to expand. also we can build a new cannel acrost the american contenant so we are not hostage to panama and also we pick up the mexican oil fields and some great sites for photovoltaic energy farms.
and finaly we can teach them all to speak english
jeff

BrianW
02-03-2007, 06:43 PM
also we can build a new cannel acrost the american contenant so we are not hostage to panama

Yeah, wouldn't it be cool if the USA had been involved in a project like that. Man, if a country had a canal as cool as the Panama Canal, they'd be stupid to give it up.

TimH
02-03-2007, 07:11 PM
especially to give it up, then let the arabs have control of it..

Paul Girouard
02-03-2007, 07:25 PM
especially to give it up, then let the arabs have control of it..

Humm you must have your canals mixed up:confused:

Or your up a canal without a paddle , or ya got yer head up yer arse. Rectus cranius:D

Here's a photo of TR transisiting the Suez canal, Arab's control that canal.

050927-N-2838C-006 Suez Canal (Sept. 27, 2005) – The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) transits through the Suez Canal. Roosevelt and embarked Carrier Air Wing Eight (CVW-8) are underway on a regularly scheduled deployment in support of the Global War on Terrorism. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer's Mate 3rd Class Michael D. Cole

http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/webphoto/web_050927-N-2838C-006.jpg

PeterSibley
02-03-2007, 07:26 PM
jeff
Or you could all learn Spanish :D

LeeG
02-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey y'all, speaking of mexican food I just had some good fish tacos in Long Beach,,Ca. burp

TimH
02-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Humm you must have your canals mixed up:confused:

Actually its China I was thinking of

BrianW
02-03-2007, 08:19 PM
China has a canal? :)

TimH
02-03-2007, 08:24 PM
China has a canal? :)
They might as well have it. They have the ends.

The Chinese company has exclusive rights to the ports on both ends of the canal. Ironically, in 1996 Panama asked a Seattle-based company to withdraw its successful bid for Cristobal on the grounds that the U.S. firm would have a monopoly, in light of its existing business in Balboa. The following year, Panama awarded both Cristobal and Balboa to Hutchison Whampoa. Between the ports lies the shortest land route for containerized cargo to be sent between the Atlantic and the Pacific from and to ships too large to cross the canal.
Beijing is in Panama for the long haul. Hutchison Whampoa has the right to extend its leases until the year 2047 or to transfer them to a third party. Already a Chinese corporation called Great Wall Panama has secured a lease as long as 60 years for an export zone on the bank of the canal on the Atlantic side.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_30_15/ai_55481519

Kim Whitmyre
02-03-2007, 08:29 PM
I nominate SeaFox for UBERFUHRER!!

stumpbumper
02-03-2007, 08:43 PM
The Grand Canal in China I believe is the longest in the world. It was completed during the Tang Dynasty. Heck, let's take over it too.

stevebaby
02-03-2007, 08:57 PM
seems like a win/ win. mexicans get the american minium wage with out having to migrate and we give them the protistant work ethic. america gets rid of at least 60 percent of its illeagle imigrants and we have room to expand. also we can build a new cannel acrost the american contenant so we are not hostage to panama and also we pick up the mexican oil fields and some great sites for photovoltaic energy farms.
jeffEight spelling mistakes...and you presume to teach English to anyone?
Hilarious.

TimH
02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
we need to finish our takeover of Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran first

JimD
02-04-2007, 04:03 PM
we need to finish our takeover of Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran first

How dare you suggest such a thing? The US does not take over other countries. It only invades them to rid them of evil and and help the ordinary people by establishing compliant pro American regimes - you know - democracies.

WX
02-04-2007, 06:24 PM
JimD ROTFLMAO!
Heard today that the nations surrounding Iraq are reaching overload trying to look after Iraqi refugees. I guess they don't like being carbombed for democracy.

George Jung
02-04-2007, 06:35 PM
We've moved on to using carbombs? I thought that was the insurgents , er', 'freedom fighters' who were using that particular technique. And btw, aren't a lot of those FF coming from those surrounding middle eastern countries?
Perspective and agendas, eh?

Cuyahoga Chuck
02-04-2007, 07:34 PM
"also we can build a new cannel acrost the american contenant so we are not hostage to panama"

It seems like every plan you hatch has the potential to bring water to Utah.
If the Mormons would have stayed back here in Kirtland, Ohio they would be sitting cheek by jowl with good ol' Lake Erie.
It's not nice to lust after other people's water.

Northernguy59
02-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Thats the American way isnt it? Whats next Canada? like hell

alester
02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
They don't want our land just our water;) . Fresh water out of the west. northern passage in the north and hydro electricity out of the east:D .
Alan

Mrleft8
02-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Yanno Jeff, the street just down the road from where I was staying the last 2 or so weeks was "Sea Fox road".... You'd fit right in with some of the locals I met down there..... You might want to check it out....

BrianW
02-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Thats the American way isnt it? Whats next Canada? like hell

Please, be for real... nobody here speaks french, or wants too. ;)

Northernguy59
02-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Brian, how many Canadian do you think speak french?

Typical Americans no absulutly nothing about Canada. All they know is they want to hunt and fish here.

I know because I lived in the states for 14 years

TimH
02-04-2007, 09:14 PM
We are gonna take over Canada so we can put in a sewage treatment plant in Victoria...

JimD
02-04-2007, 10:52 PM
We are gonna take over Canada so we can put in a sewage treatment plant in Victoria...

In that case I'll send you a map so you can find us.

BrianW
02-04-2007, 10:58 PM

I'll head east, and south. Then keep going till I hear frenchies. :)

BrianW
02-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Brian, how many Canadian do you think speak french?

I say 22%, and even though I have nothing to back it up... that's my answer. :D

Typical Americans no absulutly nothing about Canada. All they know is they want to hunt and fish here.

I gotta admit, British Columbia is nice, but this American would only hunt and fish there if I was looking to reduce the quality of my hunting experiences. But I know what ya mean brother, we've got he same problem up here too.

I know because I lived in the states for 14 years

Oh, so then you know Spanish. :D

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-04-2007, 11:10 PM
You guys should forget the mexican idea... you've lost enough wars... don't lose another on your own continent.

glenallen
02-04-2007, 11:19 PM
"also we can build a new cannel acrost the american contenant so we are not hostage to panama"

It seems like every plan you hatch has the potential to bring water to Utah.
If the Mormons would have stayed back here in Kirtland, Ohio they would be sitting cheek by jowl with good ol' Lake Erie.
It's not nice to lust after other people's water.

We could use a little trickle down of that Utah water, but please leave the Mormons in Utah. OK, call it lust if you must!

Peter Eikenberry
02-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Read your history books. We did take over Mexico in 1848! We took the best parts, California, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, a little bit of what is now Colorado, and gave the rest back. That was another war that was started based on a lie. But President Polk insisted it was true and ordered an invasion. I think we should give Texas back.

That's where the quote by Mexican President Porfirio Diaz came from: "Poor Mexico, so close to the United States, and so far from God!"

skuthorp
02-05-2007, 01:48 AM
I think Peter that given another 50 odd years the Mexicans may get their revenge by outbreeding the rest! Especially if they remain the poor part of the population. Presuming the'll vote of course.

BrianW
02-05-2007, 02:52 AM
You guys should forget the mexican idea... you've lost enough wars... don't lose another on your own continent.

Just what percentage of wars has the US lost there Pete?

Don't bother looking it up, just wing it. :D

stevebaby
02-05-2007, 04:58 AM
You fought a war to get Texas back?
Bet Mexicans are still chuckling about that one.

Hwyl
02-05-2007, 08:33 AM
jeff

So how does this compare with the US takeover of Puerto Rico in 1898, they're still mostly Roman Catholic (there's this "Constitution" thing), they still speak Spanish, they're still villified in the mainland U.S.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
02-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Are you lot telling me that this isn't humour?

Andrew Craig-Bennett
02-05-2007, 09:07 AM
On a point of information, when I first came across Hutchison Whampoa, the Group Managing Director was an Englishman called Simon Murray, who had spent his youth in the French Foreign Legion.

The current Managing Director of their ports operation is another Englishman named John Meredith, who spent 18 years at sea before joining the Port of London Authority.

And I think KS Li would be quite surprised to find himself labelled as a stooge for the CCP....

...but you may find he owns your mobile phone...

BE VERY AFRAID...

IT'S DEM LIMEYS AND DEM CHINAMEN...

DEY'S GWINE TO TAKE YOUR MOTOR CARS FROM OUTTA YOUR GARAGES!

Keith Wilson
02-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Are you lot telling me that this isn't humour?Depends on your point of view, I guess. Just think how folks could rant about not speaking English! Creo que ya basta nuestros dificultades sin anexar á México, pero obviamente hay otras opiniones.

JimD
02-05-2007, 09:49 AM
?Como se dice 'roflmao' en espanol?

Keith Wilson
02-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Rodando en el piso riendo pa' quitar las nalgas? Pretty literal translation - to do it right, one would have to find an equvalent idiom to "laughing my ass off", and I'm not fluent enough. :D

brad9798
02-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I love Mexicans ... good family people, generous, kind, loving, hard-working ...

I am glad they are here!

A very good friend of mine, Carlos S., is Puerto Rican ... with a north Jersey wife!

My boy goes to a bi-lingual school ...

And I maintain a very nicely landscaped lawn!

:)

B_B
02-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Just what percentage of wars has the US lost there Pete?
War of 1812 - the only one that counts! :eek:

Peter Eikenberry
02-05-2007, 12:24 PM
How many wars have we lost in Mexico? 0. We are one for one. However as someone said, I think they are going to win eventually. Again if you read your history books you will find that most invaders have won the battle but eventually get completely assimilated by the people they invaded (example: how many of you know why Romania is named Romania, and why the language is related to Latin, even though it is a Balkan country and the people are slavic?) Any way. I suggest you learn spanish. Soon we will all be habling en espanol. Que suesto! Just kidding. It's actuall a beautiful language and spoken by about a third of the world's population. But think about this, another third speaks Chinese!

PS. Texas didn't belong to us. We didn't take it back. Texas rebeled from Mexico and became the Texas Republic. Later they applied for and were admited to the US. We should have given it back. If we had, No Johnson, No Bush1, No Bush2. No Dallas Cowboys, Oh Damn, No Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Maybe we should keep some of it.

Our excuse for invading Mexico was that the Mexican Army had attacked and killed some of our soldiers. Actually our soldiers snuck into the Mexican army camp to steal and were caught and killed. This was in an area at the mouth of the Rio Grande, that we both claimed, and was being "negotiated". So Polk said we were attacked by Mexico, so we invaded at Vera Cruz and marched straight to Mexico City. Most of the US soldiers who died, died of disease (sound familiar? Try Desert Storm).

Historians thing this was a training ground for our Civil war because most of the famous generals from both the north and south fought as junior officers in Mexico.

Keith Wilson
02-05-2007, 12:35 PM
And Spanish is a LOT easier to learn than Chinese! :eek:

CGrant
02-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Or you could all learn Spanish :D

Or you could give up your position in the Commonwealth.:D

Landrith
02-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Its too late to talk about invading Mexico. Look at where the new NAFTA highways and trade ports are near your houses. I think we are ceeding land now.

TimH
02-05-2007, 10:48 PM
All I have to do is look across the water and....there ya are...

hey....whats that brown slick??

Hal Forsen
02-05-2007, 11:21 PM
How about this....... The North American Union
Canada (which is a spanish word anyway) USA and EUM become one monster country with one currency and a triumverate political system.
Lots of sharable labor pool, natural resources and technology.
Who's the loser in that scheme ??

marwesmed
02-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Hal, your are not far off the mark.

Peter Eikenberry
02-06-2007, 01:06 AM
The Canadians don't want us. They want our beer but not us.

JimD
02-06-2007, 01:13 AM
...Canada (which is a spanish word...)

Or not:

While the Dictionary of Canadianisms lists ten possible explanations for the word (ranging from Spanish Acan Nada to a form of Canara or Canata, a place name in southern India), the generally accepted origin may be traced to the writings of Jacques Cartier in 1536. While sailing up the St. Lawrence River, Cartier noticed that the Indians referred to their settlements as kanata, which, from its repetition, the French took to be the name of the entire country. Such it was destined to become in 1867.

WX
02-06-2007, 02:22 AM
They want our beer but not us.

Who would want American beer? It's cat's piss. :D

Peter Eikenberry
02-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't drink beer anyway, I can't stand the stuff. It all tastes like dishwater to me.

Frankly I like Canada. Been there many times. Plus that, their TV programming is better than the US.

But the winters are so damn cold! I didn't care much for Newfoundland, but then I was there in the middle of the winter. The west coast is nice, especially Vancouver and Victoria. Montreal is nice. Tres Belle!

Anyway, sorry if I insulted our northern neighbors.

TimH
02-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I cant figure out why the really good music from Canada never makes it to US radio stations...Groups like

Big Sugar
Wide Mouth Mason

Keith Wilson
02-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Canada a Spanish word? Sounds like cañada, sort of, but there wasn't much sugar cane in Canada last time I checked.

WillW
02-06-2007, 02:46 PM
I don't drink beer anyway, I can't stand the stuff. It all tastes like dishwater to me.

Frankly I like Canada. Been there many times. Plus that, their TV programming is better than the US.

But the winters are so damn cold! I didn't care much for Newfoundland, but then I was there in the middle of the winter. The west coast is nice, especially Vancouver and Victoria. Montreal is nice. Tres Belle!

Anyway, sorry if I insulted our northern neighbors.

If you're bitching about the winter, you're already half Canadian. But sorry, you have to drink beer.

TimH
02-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Canada a Spanish word? Sounds like cañada, sort of, but there wasn't much sugar cane in Canada last time I checked.

There is a Wide Mouth Mason song called SugarCane...
I wonder if there is some meaning...

Sugarcane
Album: Where I Started (1999), Track 09
Written by: Wide Mouth Mason

There's a big old moon in the dying room tonight
All the army greens burst at the seams sometimes
They call her Sugarcane and she moved like rain
But she's too proud to unmask the crowd
That's gathered round as she cries
Sugarcane 1968
1968 they were taught to hate and fight
1992 he says "don't I know you?"
And the rain it fell until she died
Old adversaries when they meet again
Are as familiar as two old friends
Let her dance for you
You walk around the corner
You look into your own eyes

Hal Forsen
02-06-2007, 03:03 PM
The word for sugar cane is Caña; the word Cañada translates as gorge as in a deep gully or canyon.
Comprende?

Keith Wilson
02-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Sorry, brain fade. :o