PDA

View Full Version : JET LAG and Dinner

David Tabor (sailordave)
01-31-2007, 08:59 PM
Okay, so you don't get jet lag flying due south from Washington to Jacksonville.... But I escaped the FRIGID cold (19 this am) and am now safely ensconced in the warmth of SGJ (that's airport identifier talk for St. Augustine FLA).
Yep, despite slipping under the radar and making it to baggage claim w/o being caught by our favorite redhead, I did get picked up and after being forced down into the bilge of SARAH... Margo and I got home to a dinner of Fried Chicken, asparagus, and corn muffins courtesy of Lefty, aka Doug.
Who STILL is griping about the cold. Geez. I thought New Englanders had some real cast Gronicles. I'm from south of the Mason Dixon Line (meaning I'm "Suthern") and I don't have any trouble w/ the cold...er cool weather. :rolleyes:
So it appears as though the slave, er volunteer, labor gets a good nights sleep and meal before they get locked in the warehouse. If I get a lot done tomorrer, I'll be allowed to post more. :D
Pray for me!!!

SailorDave out....

jack grebe
01-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Enjoy the warmth......and the Fl. weather too:D . I'm stuck over here in NOLA freezin my arse off with no hope of gettin back to Fl for another 3 weeks:eek:

COME ON SPRING

S.V. Airlie
01-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Sailor.. Have a great time down there in the deep south.
I kinda wish I was heading that way. But no, heading in the other direction where it is cold, wet, and damp.
LOL...
Lets see, have I packed my thermal long johns yet?

Mrleft8
02-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Well.... It DID warm up a bit yesterday afternoon.....And today and tomorrow are supposded to be downright balmy......So I figure if Dave brought the warm weather, I might just have to tie him to the bandsaw and keep him here....

David Tabor (sailordave)
02-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Day 1 So the day starts off well w/ a nice big breakfast at a nice little nautical themed diner. Little did I realize Margo wanted the slave labor, er, volunteer help to have lots of energy for the day!

Oh, before I go too far into this tale I need to let everyone know that MARGO has a shoe fetish! You would not BELIEVE how many shoes she has. I mean this woman has more shoes than I have EVER seen before. Imelda Marcos would be PROUD! :D
Sandals, heels, boots... sneakers.

So anyway, we get to the warehouse and start in w/ some easy chores, just kinda getting into the swing of things. You know, straightening up tool boxes, sorting things. Scraping paint of the water tanks. Then the real work starts; Margo shows me how she bleaches the interior ceiling pieces and I start in on a pile of wood. She promptly runs out w/ some lame excuse of needing to go to the bank for work.... Then when she comes back I'm still SLAVING away out back only now it's raining! And just when I think I'm done, Imelda, er, Margo comes out w/ what she says are the last of the pieces of ceiling. And then comes back a few minutes later w/ the last pieces. And a few minutes after THAT w/ the VERY last of the ceiling.
At least it isn't cold here. I don't know WHAT Doug was complaining about! ??? Jeez... :rolleyes:

So, the good news is I must have passed muster (better than gas!) because by the end of the day Margo was letting me drill holes in SARAH. Okay, well not "in" SARAH, but in the pieces of wood that go into SARAH... And then plugged them w/ bungs so the screws will grab well.

Well, that's enough for now; more to follow!

Mrleft8
02-01-2007, 09:15 PM
He lies.

Concordia...41
02-01-2007, 09:17 PM
He lies.

About the shoes!!! ;) :D

Mrleft8
02-01-2007, 09:21 PM
In general...

Concordia...41
02-01-2007, 09:21 PM
In general...

And nobody here exaggerates... :rolleyes:

Mrleft8
02-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Not me anyway....

David Tabor (sailordave)
02-01-2007, 09:36 PM
HELLLLPPPPP... They're beating up on me and I can't even defend myself.... FINALLY, Imelda has gone to bed so the computer is free!

I'm the only one here who DOESN'T exaggerate! :rolleyes:

Boss lady has already given me a list of stuff to have done by the time she strolls in tomorrow morning!

Claudia
02-01-2007, 09:42 PM
David, have you counted her purses yet?:D

David Tabor (sailordave)
02-01-2007, 09:49 PM
David, have you counted her purses yet?:D

Oh I've noticed THAT too! And hats!

David Tabor (sailordave)
02-02-2007, 09:59 PM
The flogging continues...
Day 2 as Imelda's, er, Miss M's personal scut boy had me extracting all kinds of broken off fasteners, painting pieces/parts of SARAH's innards, and generally making myself useful. Sorta. Kinda.

Last night we enjoyed a dinner of homemade pizza.... Yummm!!!
Doug might be a wimp when it comes to cold weather but he can cook....

I STILL don't know what the complaints were all about... It's been GORGEOUS since I got here. Today was mid 70's sunny/breezy... what's not to like?

So tonight, being Friday, Doug and I head out for dinner b/c we are TWO WILD AND SWINGING GUYS!!! Had dinner, hit another bar, then a biker bar. Yeah. We are PART-TIE An-i-mals! Can't you tell by the late hour of this post? :D

Past MY bedtime... night!

Did I mention the WEATHER has been delightful??? ;)

Mrleft8
02-02-2007, 10:19 PM
The weather has been delightful, but the messages from home oh so frightful.... I'm afraid I must go I must go!.......