Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip Allen
    • May 2002

Here it comes! (snow)

it has stayed at or below freezing for two or three days now and here comes the snow...gotta get to the store right now I think
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.
  • S.V. Airlie
    Ancient Mariner
    • Dec 2006

No.. Phillip.. no snow.... cold okay.. but no snow. I ain't driving 1500 miles in snow...
    Ya can keep it out there....at least until the 7th.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
      • May 2002

Originally posted by Fred Z
      What do you have to buy at the store right now?
      Are you expecting 2+ feet of snow?

had to deposit check at bank nest to store anyway...and I was OUT of cmofort food.

I just got back and I should never have ventured out...even driving on a straight road my butt swapped ends and I was goin maybe 15mph...pick ups are much more dangerous to drive than cars!

I'm home and staking the truck down so it doesn't slide away...

oh yeah...it's snow over glare ice...that I didn't know before I got away from the house
      The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
        • May 2002

Now I'm stuck at home...anybody wanna fight about somthin?

Comment

• Memphis Mike
          Banned
          • Jun 2001

I wonder if we'll get any here.

Comment

• boylesboats
            Lil' Rascal
            • Nov 2006

DAMN IT!!! It buried my firewoods.... I didn't think it'll snow here...
            save a nose, pick a banjo

Comment

• JimD
              Senior Mumbler
              • Feb 2002

Warm and sunny on the island again today. Had the garage door wide open this afternoon and getting a bit of work done on the sail boat conversion.
              There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• Wild Dingo
                Humata, Hukhta, Huvarshta
                • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Phillip Allen
                oh yeah...it's snow over glare ice...that I didn't know before I got away from the house
                ahem... for us no knuffin about snow an ice cause we dont get it fellas in SUMMER climes what the hell is "glare ice"
                .................................................. ...................
                Nil illegitimi carborundum = Never let the bastards wear you down

Comment

• BrianW
                  not your average member
                  • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Wild Dingo
                  ahem... for us no knuffin about snow an ice cause we dont get it fellas in SUMMER climes what the hell is "glare ice"
                  A thin, but slick layer of ice, that will produce a 'glare' if seen in the sunlight. Almost as bad as 'black ice', which can't be seen, but a handful when experienced.
                  “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Comment

• bamamick
                    • Nov 2003

Ahem.

Don't know about it. Don't wanna know about it.

Mickey Lake
                    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Comment

• cs
                      Elite Invisible Member
                      • Feb 2001

Well we gotta about 1-1/2" last night. But I braved the weather and worse yet crazy drivers and came on in.

Chad
                      There are three ways to do things: The right way, the wrong way and my way.

Three Little Birds
                      Love is My Religion

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                        Ancient Mariner
                        • Dec 2006

Figures... It finally hits. Storm warning 4pm today until 7am tomorrow... Yup.. figures.
                        Still heading north...

Comment

Working...