01-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Oh My!

:D :D :D :D

Phillip Allen
01-16-2007, 09:28 PM
oh dear...!

Nanoose
01-16-2007, 10:31 PM
FYI...not EVERY Canadian holds to this view! :)

elf
01-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Ah, but they are dorky, and good for athlete's foot, to boot!

jack grebe
01-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Soooo, why were you looking for Dorks on youtube......:rolleyes: :D

S/V Laura Ellen
01-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Soooo, why were you looking for Dorks on youtube......:rolleyes: :D

I saw the clip on a Canadian comedy show called "This hour has 22 minutes".

doorstop
01-17-2007, 05:02 AM
Hopped in the shower Monday morning and found my feet covered in unsightly spots.... suntanned through the holes no less!

geeman
01-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Wait til Joe see's this thread HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Nanoose
01-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Shouldn't that be, "Bwaaaaaaaaaaahaha"??

Joe (SoCal)
01-17-2007, 11:51 AM
It's

Bwaaaaaaa ha ha

And as you can see it's trademarked :D

Hey Nanoose my secretary just handed me a package very nicely postmarked from Canada. Let me open it up .... hmmmmmm well its two nice Crock accessories I'm going to have to take some photos of them to show everyone how cool they are.

Thanks
Joe

Nanoose
01-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Boy! They sure made it to you FAST! I'm amazed. Good job, Canadian postal service (I figured 10-14 days for sure!)

Can't wait to see the pics.

p.s. ok...7 a's, and SPACES before each of 2 ha's. Got it!

p.s.s. is that a REGISTERED trademark?

Katherine
01-17-2007, 12:04 PM
I would get a pair, but I already have to much dorky footwear.:D

Joe (SoCal)
01-17-2007, 12:16 PM
when I went up to Boston last weekend my buddy commented on my UGLY crocks. He is a graphic designer of some regard and his whole being is Designed with a capital "D". He said he just could not get into crocks because they were so damn UGLY. I said ok but once you get into the form over function you can learn to see how Cool they are. His son thought they were cool and I'm thinking of bringing a bright orange pair up to him next time I go up just to bust on my buddy. You really have to try them on to understand how great they are.

As a side note another friend of mine in town opened a shoe store and sells them. I was walking past her store when a very uptight NYC couple walked out and pointed to my shoes and said see he's got them. I said yea I have 4 pairs and I love I wear them every day. The uptight man got very indignant and said Well I would never wear them, they look as though they would slip rite off your feet, no laces, no support Baaaaa humbug ( well he didn't really say baa humbug but you get the idea ;) ) Anyway I went on to say ya know they never slip I wear them all the time on my boats, to the gym, to work, driving, I have never had them slip once. You need to try them before you say such things. He didn't want to hear that he said I will keep my laced up shoes thank you very much harummpt.

Some people will never get it ;)

Nanoose
01-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Same with Birkenstocks...

JimD
01-17-2007, 12:34 PM
They don't fit my funny shaped feet. Once again I'm going to be left out and behind. :(

notwoodbut...
01-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I have two pairs of faux-Crocs I got at Target for about $9. I figured they'd self-destruct by the end of the summer. I've been totally surprised that the pair I wear all the time is still in good shape. I;m keeping the other pair in reserve. I've worn them windsurfing,sailing,driving,gardening,walking the dog(up to last night when the temp dropped to 8 degrees. Only place they've given me trouble is working on demolition at the new house. I stepped on a nail(not the pointy end, luckily) and it went right through.
My kids, wife & most of my friends make fun of them but I love them. I have wicked bad feet and they make my feet feel like I'm barefoot but without the pain I get from going barefoot now. What I'd really like now is a winter pair. The holes let water and snow in and the open bck won't do in the snow. Will have to check out if available.

Nanoose
01-17-2007, 01:33 PM
YUP! Saw the non-hole version out there...along with a few other styles as well! Great to carry you through rain, sleet, snow!?? :)