PDA

View Full Version : Hey Chuck...

S.V. Airlie
12-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Gotta go to Gibsons Is on the sixth.. What about a get together? I'll leave early, pick ya up and we can hit Annapolis.lunch at the yachtie club... a day at Fawcetts... some adice.. worth a meal.... with my check book.. Within reason of course.. LOL

Heck. Ill even put up with Matt J.. if he wants to come.. LOL...

paladin
12-27-2006, 01:49 PM
O.K......but call to remind me....I'll be home on the 2nd...doc at Largo on 4th........

S.V. Airlie
12-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Chuck.. I will be in touch.... Via pm, phone or what have ya.

Question can ya take the " guts " out of an old compas and use it in a new bulb? Or are all units faiurly self contained...?

paladin
12-27-2006, 03:23 PM
depends on the compass.....if you can drag your "New" one along, great...but get accurate dimensions...also the depth that it fits into it's mount....
The spare that I have is a Ritchie and I bought it to fit inside the "skylight binnicle" housing......The housing alone is 5-600 bucks and a 3 month wait for a new one.....but.......we can probably make it fit anywhere.....
It isn't important who the manufacturer is....but I like to save the original hardware if at all possible.....
Also try to get a list of your rigging wire sizes......just in case some may need replacing....and to the type of end terminals....swaged...or?...fork...or?
Length of the masts......
the steering shaft diameter and taper and keyway opening...and wheel diameter...
and any other details that you come up with before we order the 6 four pound lobsters and 100 year old sippin' brandy....:D :D

S.V. Airlie
12-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Well, it looks like changes maybe possible. One issue only, I can't just go next door to take measurements... Umm, perhaps I should pick on my NS friends... As is, 1500 miles is a loing way to take a measurement. May have to wait until spring.
Was curious to know whether it was/is possible..

Some measurements I can get... but they would be second hand. Would rather take them myself.

paladin
12-27-2006, 03:33 PM
No problem.....the stuff has been in the warehouse for 10 years....the ground hasn't moved much in that time.......if ya wanna buy a new battery I have an ELT still in the box that might come in handy if you are gonna venture more than 100 yards offshore....:D nice to stick in your life raft.

S.V. Airlie
12-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Chuck.. we will chat cver lunch.. Ya can hold my wallet while I'm at Fawcetts....

S.V. Airlie
12-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I threw that in to get your attention.. man, it worked.. Of course ya are invited.... Never crossed my mind not to.. Now that there are three of us.. umm. I'm gonna call it a day in the field...
Figure out where Chuck lives, get back to Annapolis.. meet at the yachtie club, my treat.. go to Fawcetts.. spend some money.. or at the least, think about spending money.. rattle your brains..as in advice...
I just have to be on Gibson Island by 2 bells.. 1800 hours... 6pm...

S.V. Airlie
12-27-2006, 04:46 PM
yup.. minds gone.. goes with age.....

paladin
12-27-2006, 08:32 PM
...then the hair goes next...or so I hear.......:D