PDA

View Full Version : The WBF.

ishmael
12-24-2006, 08:37 PM
"Tt's a Wonderful Life" is playing, and Stewart and Reed are making moons. My gawd, how did anyone make this film? They are so gorgeous. Is it completely insane? Ya have to make this stuff up.

Chris Coose
12-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Jack the sooner you get to bed the sooner Santa'll come by.

Memphis Mike
12-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Jack the sooner you get to bed the sooner Santa'll come by.

LOL!!

S.V. Airlie
12-25-2006, 12:07 AM
"It's A Wonderful Life " is good.. don't get me wrong.. But.. I'm still partial to "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington ".

Memphis Mike
12-25-2006, 12:37 AM
"It's A Wonderful Life " is good.. don't get me wrong.. But.. I'm still partial to "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington ".

What are you up so late for Jamie? You waitin on Santa too?:D

S.V. Airlie
12-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Naw.. MMike. Just came back from a dinner.. one that I went to an hour and a half away.. return trip was about the same too.
Oh, and I got my chumch of coal. No chimney so Santa sent it through the bay window.

ishmael
12-25-2006, 08:12 AM

Those two are his masterpieces. Young man, strong ambition, clear visions, talent. Like Mr. Smith, don't stand in my way, I'll run ya down on pure naivete.

Gifted films, both. Jimmy was first rate in both.

I just remembered Claude Rains, as the senior senator. Was it Minnesota? But anyway, Raine's sees the corruption, has been in the thick of it.

If there's a more poignant moment in American film than Smith's filibuster before the full Senate, please remind me. Jimmy is impossibly believable.

The thing is, it WAS true. American guys really were that blankly honest. Sure, bad eggs too, but Jimmy isn't an exception.

Nicholas Scheuer
12-25-2006, 08:34 AM
In the local paper today. Apparentlythe film only became reall popular after the copywrite or license or whatever expired and it started playing oin TV.

Capra would have represented a huge talent for TV at that time.

Moby Nick

bamamick
12-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Not really my cup of tea. I do love 'the Christmas Story' because so much of it reminds me of my own childhood. I can relate to it, whereas my wife will run from the room screaming if she see's it pop up on the screen.

The one movie we can agree on is the 'Miracle on 43th St.' with Maureen O'Hara. We also like the 'Christmas Carol' with Georgre C. Scott. And it is just not Christmas without the Charlie Brown movie playing. Who would have thought that my deepest impression of the birth of my Saviour came from Linus Van Pelt, but it did.

Mickey Lake