PDA

View Full Version : Not a lot of people know that

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
12-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Why spaghetti can't be broken in half (http://www.lmm.jussieu.fr/spaghetti/index.html)

Next week - the untied prezel.

Joe Dupere
12-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Forget the pretzel, what I want to know is can you squirt grape juice into a raisin and fill it back up to a grape!!

Joe, FPoP

Tealsmith
12-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Why don't meatballs bounce?

Moose
12-14-2006, 08:38 AM
I don't know about refilling raisins, but I DO know of a great game to play with kids when the long suffering lady of the house has gone out for a while. It teaches several values:

1) Gambling
2) ....uhh, physics?

OK, so it doesn't teach any values at all. It's still fun, and here's how it goes...

GRAPE RACES

-remove the spinning tray from your microwave to give a flat track
-pick as many grapes as you have participants, and line them up at the back of the microwave with their stem holes facing away from you.
-close the door and take bets. You can also teach your kids about such higher math as point spreads (Can't you just tell I'm going to raise upstanding kids?)
-Turn that bad boy on and see who's grape shoots across and touches the door first.

Fun, educational and messy. Good times:)

Phillip Allen
12-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Gawd...what does that say about the guy who thought THAT up

Moose
12-14-2006, 08:51 AM
I think it says that I like to watch things schuss around the microwave, and I'm not above corrupting the youth of today. Seriously though, I've never met a kid who didn't think it was cool.

AyeFinch
12-14-2006, 11:23 AM
HAve you seen this? http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mfourman/fun/

Phillip Allen
12-14-2006, 12:36 PM
it'll harden up again...just takes a long time

Kaa
12-14-2006, 12:49 PM
I suspect that cooked spaghetti will rot before hardening at room temperatures, but if you have a hair dryer and lots of patience, you can probably make cooked pasta hard again...

Meerkat
12-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Why don't meatballs bounce?Even more pressing: where do meats come from and do they miss their balls?