PDA

View Full Version : In defense of Jack Heinlen (Ish)

Joe Dupere
12-13-2006, 09:38 PM
I've sat down to start this thread many times over the last couple of years, and never did, much to my regret. But Jack Grebe's thread finally made me decide I needed to speak out.

I'm not much of a poster, but I do read this forum a lot. Some of you have met me, a couple I've had email dealings with. Those who have some knowledge of me will have to base what I'm going to say, with whatever judgement of my character you made when you met me, or when you read things I've written here over the years.
First off, I like Jack. He's as honest about himself as anybody I've ever known. He doesn't sugar coat his problems and from what I can know, he's fully aware of how messed up emotionally he is. He is continually struggling to find his way, ineffecively sometimes, but he sure hasn't given up. Maybe some of you are right, maybe he needs to find professional help. But from the face many of us present here, he's not the only one. But, I have to say it again. He hasn't given up.

On numerous threads, people talk about Jack's "trailer" with all that implies about trailer trash and whatever. You know, it's a double wide modular home, sits on a real foundation, no wheels in sight. It has actual running water and a working septic system, even has electricity. Kind of like real people have. I've been there, even been inside, Jack keeps it very neat and tidy from what I can see. Oh, and it's in a nice rural neighborhood, not somewhere out in the puckerbrush with trash in the yard. So would ya'll please lay off the 'trailer' crap? It doesn't fit.

There have been a couple of threads about Steve Redmond's Whisp in the forums up top. Jack has offered comments about building them, and sailing them. One forumite told Jack that he doesn't know s**t about the Whisp and should stop talking about something he doesn't know anything about. Well, Jack built one and still has it. He offered it to me once, and I turned him down because it was too nice a boat to give away. Although if he offers it again, I'll take it faster than he can blink!! So, please, when Jack talks about Whisps, he's talking from experience. Also, there have been a couple of folks who talk about Jack's "supposed" Drascombe lugger. Once again, it's true, he has one. I've been on it. It's a very nice boat and he's offered to take me out several times, and the lack of going out together has not been his fault but mine. I've been out to eat with Jack at his favorite sushi place, he goes there once a week for lunch. He goes to the Bangor Library pretty regularly too. So he does get out, and more often than you guys think.

Jack says a lot of stuff on here, sometimes it's way out in left field, sometimes it's not, but most times I believe he's genuinely curious about how people think about things. Sometimes Jack says things that he needs to be called out on. But quite frankly, I think several folks here deliberately, and I mean deliberately, misread him. Regularly. Mostly because he's Jack and it's fun to gang up on him. If something Jack says can be taken in a good way, or in the worst possible way in the world, then some folks will always choose the worst interpretation. Then they keep hounding him with those misrepresentations. And he has to defend himself against things he didn't really say. There are occasional people who get what he's trying to say and try to defend him, but they get shouted out in the feeding frenzy.

Jack's not perfect, he's got problems, but that doesn't mean he deserves the crap he that gets dumped on him from several folks here.

Jack, my apologies for not speaking up for you sooner. I should have been a better friend.

Joe, FPoP

Stiletto
12-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Good on you Joe!

Paul Pless
12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks for posting this.

Concordia...41
12-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Amen. And same here. I've sat idly by through some of Jack's ups and downs and worse than not defending him against the ad hominem attacks, I've not reached out to him and offered my support.

Jack was a wonderful friend to me when I needed one through Dave's illness, and Dave and I had a wonderful lunch with him and Sheba on the seminary grounds when we were in Bangor.

As important as the above. Jack/Ishmael's postings were one of the things that attracted me to the Forum years ago. I remember being drawn to his intellect and way too intimated to get involved in any of his philosophical threads. I still don't understand Jung. For five years or more, I have had one of his quotes taped above my desk.

If I had to name the reasons why I'm here today, it'd be because a few years ago I stumbled in and read posts from Jack Heinlen, Ed Harrow, Norm Messinger, thechemist, Bob Cleek, and others. They were/are genuinely good folk, who were kind enough to offer encouragement, knowledge and advice.

They all had/have something to contribute, and I learned from them all.

- Margo Geer

Ed Harrow
12-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Class act; this place could use some of that.

Lew Barrett
12-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Ditto. Well said and well done.

eleseus
12-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Seriously, that thread was ridiculous. Like most of all of you have your sh1t together enough to give someone else a bunch of insults and criticism!!! So, he doesn't live up to all of your white-bread, waspy, upper-middleclass sailing on the weekends lifestyle... I am sure glad I don't.

Wild Dingo
12-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Good on you Joe

Ive not met him nor been to his place or even his favorite eating noshery but Id like to.

I had issues with one of his thread comments and we did the pm thing I put him on my ignore list for a few days but something seemed missing on the forum without being able to read someones comments so I took him off... as adults we SHOULD be able to put something behind us and move on thats what I did

Hes not apologized for what he said and nor have I we have just accepted that the particular issue was irrelevent in our lives and moved on.

The fact that we havent met is simply due to logistics and geographical distance nothing more Id like to meet and yarn with Jack as much as Id meet and yarn with you Joe or Stilletto or Donn or any number of other forumites... he would be interesting to sit and yarn to!

Jacks okay in my book... but really needs to try to get his message and meaning across a lot better with certain topics he tries to get responses to from time to time... a learned man with a penchant to prophisy an theorisin with an increadible curiosity about his fellow humans nature and life with all its twists and turns.

Phisses me off at times but then so does Donn with his pathetic one liner snipes at others when we all know he can do far and away much better or MMike and his continual sniping at Jacks drinking problem when he has his own people in glass houses Mike remember that one mate? No one ABSOFRIGGIN NOONE is perfect we are all weird in someway we are all strange and different with totally different lives and choices we make for that life...

and

We are all gonna die

Why leave with a hatred why leave with unfinished business why leave with a tainted taste in your mouth over something percieved or assumed? Why not clear the air and move on? least that way when you or they do go to the far horizon you can do so knowing that you gave your best did your best and lived your best

Just seems so much wasted energy... lets just accept that Jack is different and move on dont like him or what he says okay no probs dont respond!!! shyte use the ignore feature for chripes sake! but stop this stalking abusive vindictive crap it lowers you to beneath the standard you put him at!

Good on you Joe well said

Dryer lint
12-13-2006, 10:04 PM
bout time people started stepping up to do the right thing on this forum

still i dont expect it will do much good. theres a lot of folk that are bigger assholes than me that frequent this place and they always need a whipping boy

Joe (SoCal)
12-13-2006, 10:12 PM
bout time people started stepping up to do the right thing on this forum

still i dont expect it will do much good. theres a lot of folk that are bigger assholes than me that frequent this place and they always need a whipping boy

Who are you ????? :confused:

In regards to Jack, I'll give him some slack. But I still reserve the right to call him on his crap.

Oh and well said Joe it made me take time and think, I will try to do that a little more when responding to Jack in the future. ;)

brad9798
12-13-2006, 10:15 PM
WOW!

I am speachless ... I too have thought of posting the same type of thing ... but I certainly don't know Ish well, like you do Joe!

There are a handful here that continually stalk Jack.

Sure, Jack is obtuse ... off center in his open thinking and posting of what everyone here has pondered from time-to-time. Folks that deny human nature are worthless liars-- we've all had incongruous thoughts on any number of subjects. SO WHAT.

ANy guy here on this forum that doesn't look twice a hot chick at a fast-food place is a liar too.

FWIW- My cats both sleep with me ... I must be a gay, whacked out, child molester according to some here.

And, GASP, the MALE cat on cold nights will burrow under the covers and sleep between my legs. OMG, within inches of my dick.

Guess what? In 13 years, I've never had sex with my cat. Isn't that a revelation?

I'd also be happy to show some modular examples of homes that are nicer than 90% of the homes folks on this forum live in. But again, Ish is an easy target on this.

Sure, he is a dreamer ... a procrastinator, etc. Probably no more than the rest of us ... we just don't have the balls to air it out in public.

BTW- I was at my son's Christmas program this evening ... and a classmate of his is one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. Should I go ahead and register as a sex offender proactively ... she is only five.

Or, do folks here have the maturity to understand what I mean?

I guess it's unnerving to some that Ish is not as perfect as some of you fine folks seem to be!

glenallen
12-13-2006, 10:23 PM
I've liked Jack since the first post I made on the upper decks in Designs. Jack chimed in with good advice.

Since then I've watched his relationships in the bilge wax and wane.
I've read the Whtman poetry and listened to the Jung quotes. I've read most of Jack's stories of love, near love, false love, cat love, dog love.

I never could get into the piling on when it happened occasionally.
In fact, I've spent quite a lot of time thinking about what it is about Jack that brings on so many attacks.

Finally, I've figured it out....but I ain't telling.

JimD
12-13-2006, 10:25 PM
My cat likes to snuggle up next to my bum in bed.

Mrleft8
12-13-2006, 10:30 PM
I love Jack..... But he still ain't getting my last beer.....

botebum
12-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Thank's Joe.
I'm all for poking a guy in the ribs and punching him in the shoulder now and then(I'm pretty sure that's all I've done with Jack) and if I've done more, I'd like to take advantage of this wake up call and appologize to Jack for it.
Jack, If I've been out of line to you, I'm sorry. I consider you one of my best imaginary friends(all forum friends are imaginary friends until we meet in person). I have never intentionally said anything to hurt you. I will poke at you once in a while in play. Poke back once in a while.
You lay your feelings out here like noone else. By doing so we know you in a way that is sometimes uncomfortable. It's a little wierd when you say something so far off the wall and I know exactly what you're getting at. I'm not always comfortable with that. I'm sure that others here have the same problem and deal with it by attacking you. I won't attack you. I'll stick a one liner in there about your cat or mention something about hermits who live in trailers in the woods, but my intention is not to attack you. It's play. Plain and simple-Play. I never mean to malign you or to hurt your feelings. I now think that when I'm 'playing' I might actually be coming off as attacking you because my 'play' sounds so much like the attacks of others. I am sorry if that is the case. As I said, I don't want to hurt you.
Now, that being said, and in the spirit of play- How's that chipmunk muderin' cat of yours?:D

Doug

botebum
12-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Erasmus B Dragon- An ah seez Jacks Cat iz jist jowned diz joint. Datz gunna bee gud fur a laff.

Now there's someone I wouldn't feel guilty about attacking. (if I could just figure out what the hell he was saying)

Doug

shamus
12-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Thank you Joe. Good to read this from someone who actually knows the man. That's about as I suspected, and I hope that those who continually berate him "for his own good" (what sort of cheap cop out is that?) just shut up.

BrianW
12-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Nice, Joe Dupere, very nice...

High C
12-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Well done, Joe.

brad9798
12-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Don't eat any chili, JimD :D

George Jung
12-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Nicely put, Joe; and as already noted, it's nice to have someone step up to the plate who actually knows Ishmael. On the one hand, Ish does make it easy, and at times seems to actually set himself up for some of these comments. That says a lot about him, and perhaps, some of his issues. But the piling on says an awful lot about this place, and that particular flavor of participants. Takes me back to grade school, where a bunch of juveniles might act the same way. You'd think people would grow up, show some class, some empathy, but some folk don't make that last step. Interesting, too, how no one - until you - stepped in to do anything about it. That says a lot about all of us.

Tar Devil
12-13-2006, 11:50 PM
I can appreciate the things said here about Jack. I've experienced many of the same positive attributes. I have defended him numerous times. He has always been thoughtful to ask about Cheryl's health.

I don't ridicule Jack's home, never said anything about him drinking, and I don't chide him about his pets (though he did inspire some creative writing about my dog).

But I did get on him hard when he accused me of saying something that never came out of my mouth. A world of good doesn't excuse anyone from behavior such as that and I have enough pride that I will take to task anyone who does such a thing. That chapter is now closed.

I think most of you know how out of character it is for me to crack down on anyone here and I've already apologized for the strength of my posts. I cannot promise that I won't get equally disjointed in the future if it reoccurs, whether it's Jack or anyone else.

Regards to all,

Phil

brad9798
12-13-2006, 11:53 PM
I FULLY understan, Phil.

I certainly was not referring to you.

You are kind, gentle, and (me thinks) a very compassionate person.

I would have gotten 'disjointed' as well ... believe me!

:)

shamus
12-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Nor was I Phil, I was talking about Dan and his constant pedophile accusations, and Joe, who just swung around a bit in the breeze as usual.

Memphis Mike
12-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Screw it. It's a wasted effort.

StevenBauer
12-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Thanks Joe.

Steven

brad9798
12-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Get off him, Memphis.

You, like me, should recognize and respect the situation of others ... thought you would have learned by now not 2B so judgemental.

It goes against our grain, no?

In meetings, we embrace folks ... we do not belittle them.

So back the F off, my fellow drunk!
-----------

BTW- when are coming to St. Louis so we can hang out? Seriously.

Keith Wilson
12-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Hear, hear! I was going to post something on the other thread, but better here. I like Jack too, and the amount of crap he gets is WAY higher than he deserves. Yes, he has his issues, so do I and so do you and so does everybody else, some better, some worse. Whatever his issues, he's never abusive or disrespectful, and some of the behavior toward him has been absolutely shameful. (And no, Tar Devil, I don't mean you at all.) A little more kindness, gentlemen, a little more kindness.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Well, it's the usual bilge winter situation... seems we all are frustrated about not being on the water, so the cage match begins. I missed it, but then I don't take this place all that seriously anyway. I think Jack is one of the brightest guys out here, but he is seriously self destructive, and I ain't gonna coddle him for it. He is smart enough to know his faults, but he doesn't do anything about it. That's a damn shame, and it pisses me off. I'm not sure I believe in heaven, and it's for that reason that I believe we sure as hell shouldn't waste any time doing diddley in this life. That said, Jack is a gentle man. I'd be the happiest guy on here if Jack cleaned up. I'm not the nicest guy around, but you should have seen me when I was drinking. Nobody liked me much, not even me.

brad9798
12-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Understood, PMJ!!!

P.s. Where is Ish, anyway, tonight? :confused:

Memphis Mike
12-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Get off him, Memphis.

You, like me, should recognize and respect the situation of others ... thought you would have learned by now not 2B so judgemental.

It goes against our grain, no?

In meetings, we embrace folks ... we do not belittle them.

So back the F off, my fellow drunk!
-----------

BTW- when are coming to St. Louis so we can hang out? Seriously.

I am backing off. Some you can help. Some you have to let go. I'm letting this one go.

brad9798
12-14-2006, 01:33 AM
I understand that, Memphis!

I really do.

One day at a time.

When will drive to St. Louis?

Seriously ... let's do it!

Wild Dingo
12-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Interesting, too, how no one - until you - stepped in to do anything about it. That says a lot about all of us.

Sorry George thats not quite true if you read Jack Grebes thread one did try directly (in fact several times) while others tried indirectly but the heat was on with some and the baiting abuse and shyte continued unabated.

Not one of us is pure not one of us has the right to cast the stone at Jacks head not one of us is so bloody perfect nor has a life so bloody perfect as to not have some madness some weirdness some abuse issues something not quite right... our houses may not be luxury mansions Joe sells they may not be houses on canals or waterways may not have a standard 4 bed 2 bath with double garage may not be in the city but out in the boondocks... so of us actually like the "trailer" type style of home (choice remember that?)

We all have our excentricities our own madness our own crazy zany weirdness each one of us!! Margo has a varnish fetish :eek: Claudia a yellow polka dotted bikini one ;) Katherine... mmm I reserve the right to cogitate on hers! :p see even the sheilas have their weirdness... in fact each and every one of us is weird to someone else... okay except me but then Im bloody gorgeoulishusly wonderful ;) what can I say Im modest to :D ... ahem... And I mean were all mates here arent we? As much as were able to be mates without meeting in person and Jacks one of our mates... as mad as a cut snake in a wet paper bag for sure... But hes our cut snake in a wet paper bag!! So lets as someone else has said "get the F of his back"

If Jack has a problem with booze SO DO OTHERS including some of those who attack him with the most venom... if Jack does live an isolated lifestyle a hermit type existance if you will isnt that his choice? yeah and Ive told him to get out and get a life on occasion awhile back to but then I thought about it... its HIS life if he is actually living the hermit like existance then its his choice and good luck to him... if he is alone isolated and in need of company mates or female then Im sure he seeks that company the best way he can and good on him... what I cant abide is Jungy Freudy psydo psycho babble! but if thats his thing then well so be it good on him and it IS NOT my place in life to dictate what he or any one else here should or should not do!

As much as one can attack Jack for some of his weird comments and they can be really seriously weird so one can attack others for some of theirs...

Relax live well enjoy the company of others and find no trouble where none abide... respect dignity caution care and consern should be how we would be with each other... Jack included.

even if he is as mad as a bungarra rootin a stump in a thunderstorm :p

Bob Smalser
12-14-2006, 02:12 AM
Hang in there, Jack.

Brass rings are relative, and you're doing fine compared to those who have to have people to run down to feel good about themselves.

The Bigfella
12-14-2006, 03:46 AM
+1.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Nice...I've been thinking of writing a story about a "Jack" of my early years and how I got swept into the school yard abuse of the guy...it changed my life (4th grade)

paladin
12-14-2006, 05:25 AM
since my mommy always told me "if ya can't say something nice, don't say anything".....I can't, 'cause I don't know Jack.....

Canibul
12-14-2006, 06:50 AM
I think I can handle just about anyone's opinions, peculiarities, madnesses, and problems, unless they involve harming children.

Its a personal thing, and a story I dont like to think about. But some memories cannot be erased or ignored.

All other craziness is basically okay with me, academic in most cases. But that one issue hits all my buttons. Blinds me to any good points made around it. Its painful.

S/V Laura Ellen
12-14-2006, 06:54 AM
I promise to:

not pick on Jack
not stir the pot on issues about Jack
not call Jack names
meet Jack if the opportunity arises
defend Jack against attacksThis has all been stated before by others. I've now publically stated my position. If I don't follow through please call me on it.
The situation has reach a level of bullying and any humour in the situation has evapourated.
I request that from now on if you have anything to say about Jack that it is factual, be prepared to back up your claim with proof. As part of my promise I will challenge statements about Jack to test the validity.

So far the only real proff that I have seen is that Jack is a nice guy (testimonial of someone that has actually met Jack and spent some time with him). If you haven't got the proof then keep your opinions to yourself.

So, is this hypocritical? Yes, I have picked on Jack in the past. I have had a change of heart, and have promised to change my ways. If you think I'm hypocritical then hold my feet to the fire and call me on ithe times I break my promise.

I'm off my soapbox (for now)!

Phillip Allen
12-14-2006, 06:55 AM
our burdens are all that we can bear (or is that bare?). I think it important to remember that at the end of the day, the strongest are just as weary as the weakest...only the particular burden varies.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2006, 07:02 AM
I might add also: weakness is a condition...like blue eyes or brown hair...it is not a sin.

Great strength is, by the same token, not a point of achievement either but a gift of nature and not a point of brag...it simply means that nature has great burdens planned and the strong are to be harnessed to that particular ox-cart and rightly so.

Popeye
12-14-2006, 07:49 AM
aye , we all have our demons

Chris Coose
12-14-2006, 07:52 AM
From this chair it is most difficult to watch a guy standing on the edge of a cliff, waivering for as long as Jack has.
I've watched too many people eventually fall over the edge including both my parents, besides, working to haul people back from this specific cliff is what I do for a living after having been saved from it myself.
This thread is good. It could be useful as another approach for the guy to get to his heart and get well.
But we are like the rescue folks found in the lost climber thread. We are very close and care a lot but who knows the outcome?
For the most part I alanon the guy, which is to say, I read his meanderings and move along. I used to hope he'd do something about his condition.

Popeye
12-14-2006, 08:02 AM
if he is an odd sod , so be it
i often agree with his musings

uncas
12-14-2006, 08:18 AM
As with others I too have picked on Jack in the past... It has nothing to do with liking or not liking Jack as I don't know him and take others who do speak out against him or his life with a chunk of salt..
What I do get is frustrated with Jack....and I guess sometimes that frustration shows...
So Jack, I'll just have to try to not get frustrated....

Popeye
12-14-2006, 08:33 AM
we sometimes get sucked into the quagmire of jack's enigmatic stylings tossed about like a swirling dirvish served on a toasted bun with bananas and ketchup in a blender on pulse

huisjen
12-14-2006, 08:41 AM
There was a time that I thought Jack Heinlen one of the most interesting people here. He has, hidden somewhere within himself, many positive attributes. I hope that someday again, the negative will not outshadow them.

Maybe it's my upbringing. Maybe it's my Dutch decent. I've been willing to be Jack's Dutch Uncle, telling him the hard truth as I see it as best I can. I don't do this out of malice. I do it because I hate to see him, or anyone else, suffer in their own self induced pain. I also do it because he does have fixations, which he himself has repeatedly brought up, which are clearly dangerous to him and potentially to others. And I can recognize when questions asked of him are evaded, and when answers given him are ignored. I know, from other experiences in my life, what it looks like when self-delusion takes ahold of someone. I know what the results are. So I do the best I can to speak the truth.

Be well, Jack Heinlen.

Dan

ishmael
12-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Thankyou for the(mostly) kind words, especially from those who actually know me. They mean a lot.

I've often wondered what drives the nastyness here, and elsewhere on the web. It may be as simple as the lack of a face to look at. That's why I wanted to get together with Dan, so we could look each other in the eye and, hopefully, get around this ugly silliness.

I also think there's a tremendous amount of unrequited anger in people's hearts. With the pace, violence, and doubts inherent in modern culture the anger comes out on the keyboard; a relatively safe place to give the darkness we all carry voice.

I'm by no means immune from it, but I've learned to consider and reconsider a post before I hit the send. Is what I'm saying wrong? Am I attacking someone needlessly? Is this what I want to say? Still learning.

Rambling. Be well, all of you. Here's to compassion and kindness. I think they're the only truly distinctive human achievments.

Popeye
12-14-2006, 09:20 AM
: )

PatCox
12-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Its so hard to ignore the giant targets Ish regularly paints on his back.

Milo Christensen
12-14-2006, 10:09 AM
http://splashpages.com/wood/gallery/images/kickmehard.jpg

Tar Devil
12-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Pat makes a valid point.

Regardless of his attributes Jack deliberately pushes forum fringes in subject and taste, relishes the controversy he creates and enjoys the personal attention. Granted he may not want or deserve some of the highly inflammitory responses, but he being a student of human nature - and knowing human nature is what it is - it shouldn't surprise anyone, himself especially, that he's gonna get threads spiraling out of control.

And it will happen again. Because Jack and human nature are what they are.

I wish Jack well and harbor no ill feelings, but my personal experience with him may prevent me from ever knowing the "Jack" some of you portray. And that is the saddest aspect of the posture he has chosen in this forum.

Later,

Phil

Milo Christensen
12-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Common signs of passive-aggressive personality disorder:

There are certain behaviors that help identify passive-aggressive behavior.

Ambiguity
Avoiding responsibility by claiming forgetfulness
Blaming others
Chronic lateness and forgetfulness
Complaining
Does not express hostility or anger openly
Fear of competition
Fear of dependency
Fear of intimacy
Fears authority
Fosters chaos
Intentional inefficiency
Making excuses and lying
Obstructionism
Procrastination
Resentment
Resists suggestions from others
Sarcasm
SullennessA passive-aggressive may not have all of these behaviours, and may have other non-passive-aggressive traits.

PatCox
12-14-2006, 10:18 AM
I should also ad that I bear Jack no personal ill will. harsh as it may seem, in the academic and family culture I come from the needling and criticism in response to his posts are the sort of things close friends and family members would do to each other. "Yeah, great, the horses are beautiful, the cat is like a miniature tiger, brilliant observations there, Henry David, now get over yourself. Don't get the idea you're special for noticing, you're not." It doesn't even mean we disagree.

ishmael
12-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I push sometimes. I think people need pushing right now. The world hangs on the extent people become aware of their own psyches. Insofar as that makes me a target, it would be nice if people took exception to my ideas, not my person.

What I don't do with any regularity is attack people gratuitiously or falsely. When I've done so, I've apologized and tried to make it right.

But let's just let this go. I don't harbor ill will toward any of you.

glenallen
12-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Common signs of passive-aggressive personality disorder:

There are certain behaviors that help identify passive-aggressive behavior.

Ambiguity
Avoiding responsibility by claiming forgetfulness
Blaming others
Chronic lateness and forgetfulness
Complaining
Does not express hostility or anger openly
Fear of competition
Fear of dependency
Fear of intimacy
Fears authority
Fosters chaos
Intentional inefficiency
Making excuses and lying
Obstructionism
Procrastination
Resentment
Resists suggestions from others
Sarcasm
SullennessA passive-aggressive may not have all of these behaviours, and may have other non-passive-aggressive traits.

OH, NO !!!!

Wild Dingo
12-14-2006, 10:47 AM
But let's just let this go.

nah buggar that Jackish!! (man am I that pished? :eek: ) talk about quittin before the race is just begun shuttin the gate before th.... after the horse has bolted :rolleyes: so Ive had a couple its Chrissy!!! :D

Tuffen up son! Wheres the Jung in yer responses? Wheres the Fried Frood Frude Fudd aahhh whatsisname the other bloke eh? comeon wheres Whitman when yer needs him? the tao? the whosits? eh? eh? come on out with the philosyphisin (strewth I am that phisst!! :o ) the therorisin (damned beer! :mad: ) come on yer rapskillion out with it boy!

All this clarity of thought is just plain not on cobber! let rip with some of that old time Ishmael... heY! That sounds like the song that Im listenin too! Good ol Bob Seeger "That ol time Ishmael" oops I meant Rock an roll :o

Anyways burn outs a bitch aint it?... but life afterwards is bloody fanfriggintastic me ol sock just walk away and then let it go... amazing why rack yer brain tryin to work out the ins an outs of the creeps of the worlds minds? better to just let go walk away and look to the life in front of you... cause mate it aint gonna do you no good at all tryin to work those sick bastards out.

Mind you dont do like I did and start back truck drivin cause the old flamin body at our age just cant do what it could at 20... or so Ive learnt :( but life is good clean air less stress less worry and FREEDOM from the groaners moaners whiners viscious mean angry perverted and corrupt mongrels of the world... ooooh yeah :cool: Truck drivins cool man just you the beast an the road or in my case the decline but what the hey! lifes good ;)

We all gotta learn to just let things that really phiss us off... go... just let em go cause much of it is just so much wasted energy

Phillip Allen
12-14-2006, 10:52 AM
all my energy has long since gone to my waist...

huisjen
12-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Wheres the Fried Frood Frude Fudd aahhh whatsisname the other bloke eh?

Fraud.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2006, 10:53 AM
yep...

LeeG
12-14-2006, 10:59 AM
this is a great thread, Jack gets a new car AND mucho contact via his prefered medium for human interaction.

Jack, you remind me a bit of my last few years of drinking, sending out weird letters to the editor, phone calls laden with angst and profound ambivalence and inability to commit. I still have those characteristics I just don't send out the weird letters or drink. Aint perfect but it's better.

Merry Xmas.

Rick Starr
12-14-2006, 11:09 AM
So....

Lemmee see if I got this right.

The route to love and acceptance on WBF involves:

Physical disorder
Mental disorder
Substance abuse
Marital discord
Sexual deviance
Am I missing anything?

Seems to me some of you are being enablers rather than friends to one another.

I cherish the friendships I've made here, but I'm proud to have come by them honestly.

glenallen
12-14-2006, 11:19 AM
So....

Lemmee see if I got this right.

The route to love and acceptance on WBF involves:

Physical disorder
Mental disorder
Substance abuse
Marital discord
Sexual deviance
Am I missing anything?

I cherish the friendships I've made here, but I'm proud to have come by them honestly.

You live in the Islands? What could you know about suffering in Maine or Texas?
All you know about is dark-skinned girls and sunny days and rum.
Get a life man, get a life! LOL

Wild Dingo
12-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Its about two things... CONTROL AND COMMITMENT... easy as... Commitment to life and all you hold dear and all you want in life for you those you love and the future and Control of your choices... you CHOOSE to drink CHOOSE NOT TO...

AA helps people... Commitment and Control helps others... your choice

I personally know that now after some 20 years I have the commitment and control over my life and my choizes that I can have a drink and not be fussed about having any more than just one on rare occasions or get happily pickled without the need for more and stop for as long as I choose drink if I choose or not if I choose.... peer pressure life pressure stress pressure be damned!! COMMIT AND CHOOSE your choice

JimD
12-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Don't eat any chili, JimD :D

Chili has been banned from our household by democratic referendum. I voted to keep it on the menu. Swmbo and the cat voted against.

ishmael
12-14-2006, 11:40 AM
One of my problems has been being caught in the spell of words, here. Words are like crack to me. People make all manner of things out of them that are their own material, but for every idiot with a twisted agends there's someone who writes well, and honestly.

It's been a good place to excercise, but I've begun to realize it's not a good place to run anymore. I need to get out more, find some poets who are actually reading their writing, work on my novel and children's story about dogs. But I'm still caught in the addiction to this constant feedback. If you want honest confession of a problem, there's mine.

Wild Dingo
12-14-2006, 12:14 PM
oooh bullshyte Jack :mad:

Yeah I said it... bullshyte! :eek:

You love the attention mate... admit it!! YOU LOVE IT!!! ;)

Just like this broken down excuse for a wordsloth you love writing you love the effects your words have on others you love testing your ability to write to be profound to evoke response... YOU LOVE IT

All you gotta do you silly twerp is to take a tad more care of your choice of topic first then your word usage!... Cause sometimes they press the wrong buttons with people... no matter what we write the way others read it cant be determined by us with any real degree of acuracy or certainty how the reader will react since we cant know their pasts and their experiences and if what we say is not said well it can reflect on the readers past and experiences and that my friend is where the proveribal shyte hits the fan... as youve experienced

But you love it mate... As do I... and mate? Thats why no matter how much we may want to from time to time we cant leave for long... WE NEED TO WRITE... and write we do... but we also need to see what others think feel and how they react to what we write and this place has given both of us an increadible outlet to recieve that feedback.

Unlike you though I dont go in for the mystics the frieds the joongs the whitmans and so on I go more for the humor the laughter the smiles not that its safer but more that I enjoy the reaction of laughter I recieve from my meandering writings... do I enjoy it when people say Im long windered when I attempt to make clarity a priority and end up writing a thesis instead of a short article? yep my bloody oath I do... but I also get phissed of as well and to be honest sometimes its bloody hurtful... but one must in those times build a bridge and get over it then hand yourself 50c and call someone who gives a shyte... and let it go :cool:

You have a tendancy Jack to write things that do grate on people in sometimes deep ways and your word usage when doing so often leaves a hell of a lot to be desired and that is where it all goes a$$ over tit in a handbasket for you... generalizations and statements that imply or even state that all males lust after their daughters or their friends IS BOUND to set fires under right thinking people as it will also set fires under survivors of incest and rightly so... so mate take care with your choice of topic BUT take more care with your choice of words and these sorts of troubles wont come to you with such vengence and angst

BUT mate you like I enjoy the writing and its why we continue to do so here and elsewhere... actually no I will change that I think... You enjoy the writing for the response I enjoy the writing for the writing and the response I cant help but write I cant stop writing unless someone switches of my brain imagination and passion and rips my arms out of my sockets while I think (but may be wrong) you enjoy the reaction as much if not more than the writing... until it turns nasty then its not so good... mate Im not telling you how to write or even what to write all Im saying is choose your topic and words with care with thought for others and with respect that others are not the same nor have the same ideals thoughts wants and desires as those you seek to examine and understand... simply put we are not them.

Take care Jack when words you seek to express have the ability to tear cut and rip at anothers heart mind and soul... everyone has a past some good some bad and some shocking and touching that past with your words is personal no matter the intent of your words it touches them in the personal space of their past so expect a personal response... choose your words with care lest they be misconscrued and meanings assumed or presumed

note.. Ive left out the other stuff cause I missed it and so cant comment.

Popeye
12-14-2006, 01:40 PM
I need to ... work on my novel and children's story about dogs. .

so post a few snippets for a critique

and maybe some ideas

George Jung
12-14-2006, 02:02 PM

I cherish the friendships I've made here, but I'm proud to have come by them honestly. - Rick Starr.

As always, spot on and to the point! I'd ask if you're alluding to enabling Ishmael, or something else? I'd have to agree, but would point out there is a line being crossed, from 'being honest to a friend', deteriorating into the piling on, innuendo and character assassination we've seen a few times now. We can't make Jack, or anyone else, conform in any particular way (exhibit B: Dryer Lint, fluffy member), but we can control our own responses, and perhaps impact those of our friends.
And I might add, Jack isn't the only member treated this way. We've some very intelligent, articulate members who frequently receive similar treatment. Interesting, in a sort of 'Lord of the Flies' sort of way, don't ya think?

uncas
12-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Rick.. I really ain't good on enabling..... I don;'t know Jack.. What I posted on the questionable thread was my interpretatiuons of what he wrote.. I did not mention his life style etc..I did not directlly criticize it... Granted, it ain't me... I rambled on about what I saw and my interpretations and yes, expectations of what I expected from him..
Not enabling at all.... Only those that know Jack personally can do that.. I am not one of the few and the brave...

paladin
12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
JIMDChili has been banned from our household by democratic referendum. I voted to keep it on the menu. Swmbo and the cat voted against.

wanna recipe fer Kat stew?:D

Bill R
12-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Very well said Joe. Thank you.

uncas
12-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Well, Joe, it was well said.. but it still does not mean that Jack doesn't Frustate the hell outta me....as he does.. Even the posts that I have, in a friendly manner, responded to recently.. not the old ones.. I still wonder why I bother.. but I posted this elsewhere... No I don't have to respond but I have found that if I can respond and what I offer helps in some way, I will....and then pooof....
Check my posts.. check the threads where I have posted in response to the title of the thread...posted by Jack
I sometime feel like I am spitting in the wind and it is coming back to hit me in the face...
So, yes, well said.... but I am a frustrated formite when it comes to Ish.. nothing personal.. again I don't know him.. but at times he drives me nuts....

jack grebe
12-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for their input here. It proves that there are those out there that are willing to extend a hand:) . Jack, Alot of folks said alot of good things in your behalf. What are you waiting for?
put down the mouse
back away from the computer
grab your coat.....................

Memphis Mike
12-14-2006, 03:40 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for their input here. It proves that there are those out there that are willing to extend a hand:) . Jack, Alot of folks said alot of good things in your behalf. What are you waiting for?
put down the mouse
back away from the computer
grab your coat.....................

Your trailer has wheels on it.

uncas
12-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Jack Grebe.. that is what he should do.. get a passport.. I responded to that thread.. and then posted one specifically about acquiring a passport...He should go to Ireland.. see the sights, get out of Bangor.. but he just won't do that... He posts and wants info and advice and then, most times we are sitting here with our finger up our noe..

I seriously hope Jack reconsiders goiung to Ireland... It would be good for him... Hell, for that matter, I wish he would put on his coat and get the hell outta dodge.... He's got a car.. he can buy a lobster.. Go to Baah Haha, have a beach cookout.. Anything but staying in that damn'd trailer...
Okay.. said enough.. I can only suggest anyway.. To do something is up to the other individual..
And ya wonder why I get frustrated.....

S/V Laura Ellen
12-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Your trailer has wheels on it.

There seems to be a fact dispute here.
Mike: Read the earlier posts!

On numerous threads, people talk about Jack's "trailer" with all that implies about trailer trash and whatever. You know, it's a double wide modular home, sits on a real foundation, no wheels in sight. It has actual running water and a working septic system, even has electricity. Kind of like real people have. I've been there, even been inside, Jack keeps it very neat and tidy from what I can see. Oh, and it's in a nice rural neighborhood, not somewhere out in the puckerbrush with trash in the yard. So would ya'll please lay off the 'trailer' crap? It doesn't fit.

jack grebe
12-14-2006, 03:52 PM
He's welcome where ever I might be. Today I'm NOLA, come on down. I'
ll take you on a tour of Katrina's aftermath. Tomorrow I'll be in Fl.....come on down. I'll show you some of the best beaches fl. has to offer. There are quite a few forum members between north and south, all you have to do is take the first step.......GET OF YOUR A$$:D

uncas
12-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Naw.. I have not.. if it was implied.. an error.. I lived in a trailer when attending college... Been there.. done that.. I was not referring to a trailer in a derogatory sense.. Jack just happens to live in one.. If he lived in a condo.. I would have said condo.. If he lived in a house.. I would have said house...
So apologies if this came over in a negative light...
As I havfe written too many times to count.. I don't know Jack.. I do know he has issues.. we all do have them.. I do not respond to those issues others have mentioned as I try to take what a person is as that person.. Anyone with comments.. I may take into consideration but if the negative comments are not seen by me, I really don't pay attention to them.
Heck, I am an ass.. hear that all the time.. Others think I am an ass. Now I may agree with them as I know I am but if they call someone else an ass. I'll take it into consideration in any final apprasal.. and that comes usually before, especially here.. a face to face meeting.. Then I decide.. not before...
Hell, I would almost be afraid to hear what others say about me.. behind my back.. can think of one example.. A pm from a formite who thought I might like to know what others were saying behind my back helped me correct it the problem or issue.. Again, those who want to criticize others.. step foreward.. spill it out in the open..Don't look for an excuse to hide.. If ya believe in what ya say.. and are willing to back it up.. say it and be done with it....
Now the rant is really over....

jack grebe
12-14-2006, 03:57 PM
I don't know Jack.. Jamie, You may need to clarify a little, You do know alot, and have posted alot of your wisdom here:cool:
perhaps "I Don't Know Jack Heinlen" would be better;)

uncas
12-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Sorry.. for the confusion.. I don't know Ish..... and I know shyte... but I admit it....I'm just an old man with gray hair, a wastline Santa would be proud of and basically someone who would rather be on a boat.. Now that is coming.... LOL

Dryer lint
12-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Well, Joe, it was well said.. but it still does not mean that Jack doesn't Frustate the hell outta me....as he does.. Even the posts that I have, in a friendly manner, responded to recently.. not the old ones.. I still wonder why I bother.. but I posted this elsewhere... No I don't have to respond but I have found that if I can respond and what I offer helps in some way, I will....and then pooof....
Check my posts.. check the threads where I have posted in response to the title of the thread...posted by Jack
I sometime feel like I am spitting in the wind and it is coming back to hit me in the face...
So, yes, well said.... but I am a frustrated formite when it comes to Ish.. nothing personal.. again I don't know him.. but at times he drives me nuts....

getting frustrated and saying "fook you jack" is one thing jamie.....

tarring a guy with the sexual pervert label like some here have done , because of imaginary imaginings from something he wrote is entirely different, and that is exactly what has been done.

I had the same thing happen to me on this forum. i posted a few pictures of scantily clad young women ( ever see a picture of a scantily clad older woman? who wants to see that?) in response to someones request for bikini type pics and the next thing you know milo christenson is labeling me a pedophile and saying that he is going to target me with "vetted fbi agents". doesnt matter a wit that every one of the women i cut and pasted were over the age of consent or that other folks were pasting photos of equally aged ladies, once someone plants the idea in some of these chat forum folks heads, it takes root and there is no way to remove it

its no wonder people come back onto forums like this one with a vendetta to prosecute

uncas
12-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Dry..
I don't think I went that far.. I have reviewed my posts.. I have basically outlined what I thought and why I thought what I do...
I stay away from the really personal attacks.. Maybe I missed one.. but the general postings I have made don't reference much except living in a trailer and I did not thik that was negative.. I have as well... So not something I would use to criticize....
Dryer.. about you.. Don't know.. again, I don't knbow ya.. but I have rwead and not responded to shall I say interesting posts.....

I'm very up front.. I guess I don't like it when others aren't. Ya know what I look like.. ugly perhaps but me.. Ya know where I live.. no not nec. the Ritz.. I'm basically upfront.... Those that have met me, whether they like me or not would have to say that, if anything else, I am.. agree or disagree...
So, yes, I do get frustrated.. I see a post about passports and the need for one.. Okay, I spend a little time and post back.. with suggestions.. etc.. and then poof.... No follow through.... Leaves me hanging and leaves me a bit frustrated. So be it...

Dryer lint
12-14-2006, 06:28 PM
im not blaming you jamie at all- just using your words as an illustration -youve been farily benign compared to some of the folk here- you know who they are - i used to climb onto the crucify jack bandwagon a couple years back, myself , till i realized that ish was one of the bright spots on this forum and that i didnt feel good about what i was typing

uncas
12-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Naw.. I don't think you are.. I missed most of it ( the thread ) anyway.. but I have not been entirely sugar and spice and everything is nice either....with Jack...

glenallen
12-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Ah, resolution at last!
Jack knows Jack better than any of us know him. I don't know him at all except from his posts here, but that's a start because he does bare his soul here more than most of us are willing to do.

You have to be careful when you condemn a man's actions or his lifestyle, even more careful if you offer him alternatives to his lifestyle.

He may turn his back on his way of life and take one of your suggestions of a new way of life and die in the transition.
None of us wants that. We would all rather have Jack as he is than no Jack at all.

uncas
12-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Glen..
What is death..?
When the heart stops beating
When the brain no longer functions
When you are alive biologically but the the will to live isn't there
When you face the same wall day in and day out and not enjoy life.. and the wall does not move..
When one's only contact with the outside world appears ( well, impressions ) the WBF...

To me.. this would be a living death....

Okay, I have made suggestions... I would, in reversed roles say.. to hell with my life as is.. I'm getting out.. If it kills me.. could it be any worse...
Don't know.. have not been there.... I keep moving foreward.. Am I perfect.. not on your life and I would be the first person to say that.

Bob Cleek
12-14-2006, 06:56 PM
God! I had to read this whole thread just to make sure Ish hadn't died! People don't usually say such nice things about a guy until he's packed up in the box! LOL

rbgarr
12-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Jamie,

You're closing in on Jack for 'weirdness quotient' here. All those ellipses are a bit bizarre. You might consider giving it a rest for a while, okay?

uncas
12-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Yup...maybe what I wrote which is atypical for me.. will be placed on some plateau Jack will relate to...
But yup.. I've said enough.. Back to my usual scrooge....with both feet planted on the ground.

glenallen
12-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Glen..
What is death..?
When the heart stops beating
When the brain no longer functions
When you are alive biologically but the the will to live isn't there
When you face the same wall day in and day out and not enjoy life.. and the wall does not move..
When my only contact with the outside world appears ( well, impressions ) the WBF...

Okay, I have made suggestions... I would, in reversed roles say.. to hell with my life as is.. I'm getting out.. If it kills me.. could it be any worse...
Don't know.. have not been there.... I keep moving foreward.. Am I perfect.. not on your life and I would be the first person to say that.

I do appreciate what you're saying.
I've never been there either. I've never been stuck in a morass, either physical or mental. Just luck, I guess.

Jack seems to be trying to think his way through the rest of his life, as if mental activity is superior to physical activity. Jack is a poet without a pen. He's Dali without a brush, a sculptor with no marble.

About all I can do is wish him well. Heck, he's fifty years old. By the time he's an old fart like us he'll know more than he does now.

JimD
12-14-2006, 07:34 PM
... Jack is a poet without a pen. He's Dali without a brush, a sculptor with no marble...

Now we know what to get him for Christmas.

ishmael
12-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Please, please, let it go. Only a few here have actually met me, and I appreciate them saying what they know about me. Defense of honor is a worthy thing, and with all my problems I'm an honorable man. But I'm not the latest Walmart special, and I'm not about to croak(far as I know) so let it go.

uncas
12-14-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm letting it go.. for two reasons...1) I have said my piece.several times. and 2) what I say really doesn't matter in the overall picture...
So yup.. got your wish......As I have written, you have a tendency to frustrate the heck out of me.. I'll leave it at that.... Nothing personal.. nothing about your life style, where ya live.....nothing and no criticism as to how you face life.. just my 2 pennies...And those are up....

I'm just not going to respond to threads about car issues...passport issues, dreams that you may have.. the cat and vets.. the dog.. the replacement of the dog... It ain't worth it.. because you are not gonna take many formite's advice anyway.. your mind is made up....before the thread appears...
No, I ain't perfect... I post a lot that I do not carry through on but I'm currently batting .500... Goit a boat.. got a dog.. questioned the boat... questioned the breed of dog.. All worked out.. but I did take those who responded on the forum in any way seriously.. I did not throw their suggestions by the wayside.
So.. yup.. said my piece.. no personal issues as far as I can tell.

Just itred of the guy crying wolf..

brad9798
12-14-2006, 10:43 PM
WHateve Ish's issues are ... too bad he is not as perfect as you, glenallen.

WOW!

Rarely do I hear a 65 year-old man speak as if he is 20!

Get the F--k over yourself.

Who made you Ish's keeper?

Pray tell, what makes you so well adjusted/omniscient?

Texas ... like a whole other country.

You sound like a drunk too! :(

Ridiculous, really ...

JimD
12-14-2006, 10:46 PM
And another thread bites the dust...

brad9798
12-14-2006, 10:47 PM
assuming you're referrin to glenallen, Jim ...no?

JimD
12-14-2006, 10:56 PM
assuming you're referrin to glenallen, Jim ...no?

I meant is was only a matter of time before the good will was exhausted and it turned into another attack ad for the morally superior.

brad9798
12-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Not by me, brother Jim!

I DO understand your thoughts, however.

YES!

Very sad ... very sad, indeed!

glenallen
12-14-2006, 11:02 PM
WHateve Ish's issues are ... too bad he is not as perfect as you, glenallen.

WOW!

Rarely do I hear a 65 year-old man speak as if he is 20!

Get the F--k over yourself.

Who made you Ish's keeper?

Pray tell, what makes you so well adjusted/omniscient?

Texas ... like a whole other country.

You sound like a drunk too! :(

Ridiculous, really ...

I never claimed perfection.
Age is unimportant.
OK, you be Ish's keeper, a##hole!
I made me well adjusted.
Geographical bigot!
I'm not a drunk.

Memphis Mike
12-14-2006, 11:05 PM
I think all of you should commit yourselves to learning to play the guitar. I guarentee you, you won't have time for this sh!t.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2006, 11:06 PM
how's the cat biz these days...get rid of all of them?

brad9798
12-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Shut the hell up, glenallen ... my wife is from Texas ... actually a former Cowboy chearleader in the late 1980's ... you are over the top.

Not Ish's keepet at all ... but bet you are not perfect either.

Get the f--k over yourself.

You ought to show some education/maturity and not judge someone by their presence on this forum.

Nothing more, nothing less!

Enjoy your night!

BTW- I was simply quoting the ad on TV from your state ... geo. biggot? hmmph!

I love you glen! :)

ishmael
12-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Please stop this! People said what they know about me, and it gave me hope that all isn't bad in the world, and now you are ruining it.

glenallen
12-14-2006, 11:21 PM
brad, I was only using hyperbole, a literary form, in my speech to Jack.

Believe me, Jack does not put any value on what I say, one way or the other. He has bigger rats to kill! Cheers!

Memphis Mike
12-14-2006, 11:22 PM
how's the cat biz these days...get rid of all of them?

We found homes for the kittens, Phillip. We got the momma fixed and still have her, the older cat and Heidi the Lab.

brad9798
12-14-2006, 11:25 PM
OK, Glen.

I apologize ... you are good guy.

I was just a BIT fired up this evening!

Again, sorry.

Ish, don't you dare talk about folks ruining this thread.

I have defended you ... completely. Read my posts.

Good night ... I am sleepy!!

Cheers to all!

Brad

LeeG
12-14-2006, 11:29 PM
So what do you guys think about a Subaru Justy with 98k on it?

Nanoose
12-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Ya, how 'bout them Packers?

glenallen
12-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Jack, good night!
Sleep with whatever critter is handy and sleep well.
Me, I have six cats and all of them like to sleep with me....
can't blame them for that.

glenallen
12-14-2006, 11:32 PM
So what do you guys think about a Subaru Justy with 98k on it?

Trade it in!

Memphis Mike
12-14-2006, 11:35 PM
BTW, Phillip.

We also got two goats and little black face sheep. The little black face sheep likes to sleep under the covers.:D

ishmael
12-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Wumpous will either curl up with me, or find the warm spot where the ductwork leaks through the floor. Probably both, at various times. Sheba, especially when she was ill, liked that same warm spot. You can count on a cat to find the warm spot.

A thread about reconciliation shouldn't devolve into mindless bickering.

brad9798
12-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Cats will ALWAYS find the warm spot ... always have!

'night Jack, Glen, Memphis, et al!

Memphis Mike
12-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Well, you know what they say.......happiness is a warm pussy.

bamamick
12-15-2006, 12:59 AM
I just read through this whole thread without knowing what any of it was about. Think I'll go out and walk around outside for awhile.

Mickey Lake

Popeye
12-15-2006, 10:09 AM
sometimes at night , when i feel a little sleepy , i go to bed and in the morning i'm not sleepy anymore

LeeG
12-15-2006, 11:29 AM
sometimes at night , when i feel a little sleepy , i go to bed and in the morning i'm not sleepy anymore

I'm gonna save this one

Leon m
12-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Jacks a nice guy...But he could use a compass.

huisjen
12-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Please stop this! People said what they know about me, and it gave me hope that all isn't bad in the world, and now you are ruining it.

Oh get over it Jack. What they say isn't really who they are. They're just bouncing ideas around to see what reaction they'll get. They're really just students of human nature.

See the duplicity?

Dan

uncas
12-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Please let this thread die a less than noble death.along with the other thread that started this one. Enough.... Some of us have been nasty.. some of us have tried to say something concrete..
Jack will listen and read those he wants to... His choice no matter what we say or how we say it...good, bad, or indifferent.....

The sun is gonna come up tomorrow...

Drop it folks.... please....

glenallen
12-16-2006, 03:51 PM
"Drop it foks....please...."

Drop what? Did I miss something?
Oooops!

Sorry, Unc, I had to do it!

S.V. Airlie
12-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Glen.. read my post.. I beat ya to it... I asked for quits.... No need to carry this on.... I did it.. you did it.. we both did it...
IT was going down the tubes before you posted.... Unless ya wanted to keep it alive.. Why I don't know.

glenallen
12-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Glen.. read my post.. I beat ya to it... I asked for quits.... No need to carry this on.... I did it.. you did it.. we both did it...
IT was going down the tubes before you posted.... Unless ya wanted to keep it alive.. Why I don't know.

No, I don't want to keep it alive.
I just reread the thread and was impressed with how much the mood here has changed for the better since the other night.

Thought it would be funny now to jab ole Uncas, but maybe it was not so funny.
Well, we would-be comedians are constantly at risk! Cheers!

S.V. Airlie
12-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Glenallen.. I'm always up for a jab.. I DO have a sense of humor.. Jab me on a thread I have created.. At least there, I have anticpated a good ribbing.. and actually look foreward to them...
No big deal... A lot here don't think I have a sense of humor anyway...