Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anthony Zucker
    • Jan 2003

Disappointed in Tennessee

While most of the states voted out some of their Republicans on Tuesday and sent the administration a message, my fellow Tennesseans lost a chance to show that we also realize that the administration has blown the war, the budget, etc.
    But my neighbors tell me that Democrats will take their guns away and force abortions on them and that's what they care about.
    I live in East Tennessee which has been Republican since voting for Lincoln(the local joke is that the folks here were too poor to own slaves so most went with the Union). But it seems to me that it's time for a little enlightenment. That's why I'm the damn Yankee around here.

But it's 68 degrees and the breeze is picking up so I'm going sailing
  • Katherine
    Too Young to be a Senior
    • Sep 2004

I figure I did my civic duty. If my choice didn't win, I now posses the right to spend the next 4 years bitching about the screw ups of those in power.
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Comment

• bamamick
      • Nov 2003

Well, we also kept the Republicans in Alabama....

but I see things a lot differently than do most around here, I suppose. We voted for the people that we thought would do the best job for us as Alabamians, without worrying too much about how this would affect the national political scene. Just seemed like better candidates.

I suppose you can say that my family was split along generational lines. The older members all voted Republican because we liked the candidates. My kids all (at least from hearing them talk about it) voted Democrat because, yes, they did want to see changes made in the government and they believe that this is a way to do that.

I always tried to tell my kids to never let anyone tell you who to vote for, and I suppose that it worked. I am proud of them. My youngest drove 3 hours from college to come home and vote. Maybe if there were more people around like her then there would be some positive change, no matter who won the elections or what party they represent.

Mickey Lake
      'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Comment

Working...