Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeeG
    • May 2002

Congress/Prez poll numbers

Why is it that Congress gets such bad ratings compared to the prez?
  • Lew Barrett
    Landlocked
    • Dec 2005

Because Bush comes up with illegal, unscientific schemes unsupported by facts, and then the rubes in Congress ratify them. It's the emperor's clothes. One has to decide if the greedy bastage who pushes for the worst series of decisions in the last 100 years is more to be loathed that the bastages who know better and allow the situation to go forward over their signatures.
    Personally, there's nobody in the political life of the country who I feel is less worthy of respect than the current president. Well, maybe a couple, but they were all abused by priests or their alcoholic uncles.
    Last edited by Lew Barrett; 10-21-2006, 12:54 AM.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Comment

• Lew Barrett
      Landlocked
      • Dec 2005

Lee,
      I've given this a second's more thought and I actually am as puzzled as I believe you are.
      I can't be the only person that has wondered how Bush gets in front of the camera and addresses the country without thinking somewhere back behind those beady little eyes:

"Oh My God! I'm so embarrassed!"

Can he really be so stupid or so ill informed not to be aware of the bad science, poor thinking and planning and outright greed that has allowed all this misery to occur on his watch? Even Congress must bow before this man's unbelieveably poor performance.
      One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Comment

• LeeG
        • May 2002

I guess my I'm puzzled on folks expectations, also that so much attention is focused on GW and he still gets as high a rating as he does.
        Just weeks before crucial midterm elections, a new poll says nearly three quarters of Americans see Congress as out of touch, much as they did in 1994, the last time the minority party took control of Capitol Hill.

Comment

• Milo Christensen
          Banned
          • May 2006

Americans are always saying that Congress is broken, but did they poll the folks to see what they think about their Congressman/Senator? No, most Americans think their Congressman is doing a fine job.

Comment

Working...