PDA

View Full Version : Finally - some call centre peace

The Bigfella
10-17-2006, 03:09 AM
I've enjoyed about three days with no call centre calls (touch wood).

It was getting ridiculous - my fax and office/house lines would ring simultaneously time and again - and heaps of times it would be silence on the other end. Obviously, they ring a block of numbers at once and whoever answers first gets hit up.

I'm normally fairly polite but "no thanks" ish - and a request to remove my name from their list. I spot them rather quickly, 'cause they all have gone to the same language school - and all pronounce my name exactly the same wrong way, which in 51 years is the only time I've heard it that way.

It got to me last week - must be because I was doing my tax and about the 8th time that day the two phones rang at once. I grabbed it and as soon as he mispronounced my name I let fly with:

"How do I get my F&%king name off you list"

Click.

Nothing for several days now.

Amazing.

Now about all those spam emails that I get because my email address used to be visible on this site? 19 so far today. Seriously - does anyone here read the stock tips?

Stiletto
10-17-2006, 04:11 AM
I have no idea where the bastids got my email address from but I get those stock tips too, and each spam letter has a new sender and email address so you cant dodge them with a spam filter.
I guess it is just a percentages game, they know that x percent of the number of emails sent get a response, so it is worth their while.
They must have some pretty big money invested to cash in on a small rise in those stocks. In and out is their game.

Old Sailor
10-17-2006, 06:57 AM
I've been getting them too. Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!
Old Sailor

PeterSibley
10-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Standard response ...."Yes I'd like to talk about it but can you hang on for a sec ? ",then walk away...return is 5 minutes to hang up the receiver .It's proven effective .

PeterSibley
10-17-2006, 07:14 AM
Here in Oz, all our objectionable call centre traffic has an Indian accent .It can be fun asking what the time is there and waiting while the poor buggar does his metal gymnastics .Not kind ,but fun.