PDA

View Full Version : What a jerk

Dryer lint
10-15-2006, 08:52 AM
INDUS, Minn. - A school principal has resigned and could face felony firearm charges after he shot and killed two orphaned kittens on school property last month.
Wade Pilloud, who resigned as principal of the K-12 Indus school, 40 miles west of International Falls, said he shot the kittens to spare them from starving to death after their mother was killed in an animal trap.
Pilloud said the shooting, which occurred on school grounds, endangered no one.I have bred cats, and I currently own two myself," he wrote Friday in an e-mail to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "I am not a cat hater. I did not want the animals to suffer."
The incident happened Sept. 21, and several students still on the grounds for after-school activities heard the shots.
"There were parents who felt, apparently some rather strongly, that there were concerns about the safety of their children," said Joseph Flynn, an attorney for the South Koochiching/Rainy River School District. "The district's position is that safety was not compromised."
John Mastin, acting sheriff in Koochiching County, said Pilloud could be charged with felony possession of a firearm on school property and reckless discharge of a firearm, a misdemeanor.
County Attorney Jennifer Hasbargen said Friday that the case was under review.
Mastin said the shooting put no one in danger but said Pilloud used "poor discretion and poor timing," especially amid the growing fear of gun violence in schools.
The district put Pilloud on administrative leave after the incident. Flynn said Pilloud agreed to an undisclosed settlement and resigned.

brad9798
10-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Bunch of wussy PC parents ... the principal did a service to the kittens.

brad9798
10-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Undisclosed settlement ... probably about 75% of his remaining contract ... hmmm ... any kitties for me to kill?

Hi dutch!

B_B
10-15-2006, 03:41 PM
yeah, I agree brad - shooting things at school is so cool!
neato indeedo!

ummm, ever heard of animal control? they look after lost, abandoned and orphaned kittens, they even sometimes find homes for them! wow! what thinking "outside" the box - looking for homes for orphaned kittens!

hmmm, NONE of the kids in that school would have liked to rally to the kittens cause? not a single parent would have volunteered to adopt the kittens?

oh, yeah, my bad. shooting them in the head is the best lesson those kids could learn. thanks! I'm so dumb for thinking there might be alternatives to lead in the head.

brad9798
10-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Ever hear of someone going along with a troll, Braam?

All THREE of my cats were personal rescues ... the latest, on 9/16 at a local park ... sick ... and nearly starving to death at 10-12 weeks old ... She (Dobbie) is now fine and growing nicely.

Do yourself a favor ... when dryer lint, dutch, or any of his monikers come to post, don't get overly worked up at the responses ... as most of 'his' posts are BS at best.

Heck, even my dog (lab/greyhound mix ... and fast as HELL) is rescue.

RELAX, Braam ...

Brad

B_B
10-15-2006, 06:30 PM
youse gets me ev'ry time!

yup, shoot (mouth) first ask questions later.... ;)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
10-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Bang Bang Pardner

BrianW
10-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Okay, very stupid move, poor cats, etc, etc...

This is what I find incredible!

John Mastin, acting sheriff in Koochiching County, said Pilloud could be charged with felony possession of a firearm on school property and reckless discharge of a firearm, a misdemeanor.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who see something really out of whack with that statement.

brad9798
10-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Braam- no problem! :)

And BrianW- that is frightening ... a time when the letter of the law overrules the spirit of the law.

I am usually always for the 'spirit' interp.

geeman
10-16-2006, 09:55 AM
All our pets for over 27 years have always been rescue animals.Either a cple of brother cats that decided to come in the house and stayed, to 3 dogs over the years .one from a shelter and 2 were gifts from our vet when she had to put down our dog we had had for 13 years.Our remaining cat is pushing 17 years old now and still kickin, and beating up the dog regular schedule.

Phillip Allen
10-16-2006, 11:22 AM
fer gosh sakes don't shoot them...there are some inttlegent people on this board who prefer drowing them or gashing them with car exaust...they writhe around more...

Gawd I despise PC knee jerks