PDA

View Full Version : Yak Yak Yak

cs
10-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Drives me crazy, girls in the office right outside my door yaking away. Can't they find something better to do that gossip?

Chad

uncas
10-13-2006, 11:17 AM
And if they were talking about college ball, you would join them.. LOL

cs
10-13-2006, 11:18 AM
...and Trevor goes running across the church blah blah blah, and he starts laughing blah blah blah

enough is enough tell them to stop.

Chad

Jamie you got that right. :D

Joe (SoCal)
10-13-2006, 11:18 AM
http://users.tmok.com/~yak/yak.gif

Keith Wilson
10-13-2006, 11:21 AM
I suggest an iPod. Turn it up and fuggedaboutem.

huisjen
10-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Those can be interbred with regular cattle, you know. But water buffalo (not to be confused with bison) are completely incompatable.

Dan

uncas
10-13-2006, 11:22 AM
It's a long pass...it's going...it's going.. Joe catch it! No he fumbles...Joe, how could you....Game over...
Now who is to blame? It's Joe...

cs
10-13-2006, 11:23 AM
At least the chief gossiper is going to lunch and maybe I can have some peace and quiet.

Chad

uncas
10-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Must be halftime..hey Chad?

Chad.. I'm just pulling your chain. I have nothing against college football. You post the updates, some people like them. I'm just not one who pays much attention.

huisjen
10-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Could you have just leaned out your door and said, "Hey, this is all fascinating, but not to me. Could you take it somewhere else?"

One night in college there was a loud discussion, in Spanish, going on under my window as I was trying to get to sleep. Summoning up my two fruitless years of high school spanish, I leaned out the window and shouted, "Oye! Bobo! Cayate!", and they went elsewhere.

Dan

cs
10-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah right. Have you ever incurred the wrath of two gossiping females?

Chad

uncas
10-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Dan.. of course I could but I did not create the thread.
And I'm not critizing Chad's interests. I rarely comment on the football threads because he deserves to have a discussion among those who enjoy football.
And Chad, you are outnumbered.. No, luckily I have not been surrounded by one or two females and consequently not found myself in your position.
I think I'll stay single not that I have any choice......

huisjen
10-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah right. Have you ever incurred the wrath of two gossiping females?

Wimp. ;)

Dan

cs
10-13-2006, 11:38 AM
I think it will be peacefull this afternoon. One of the ladies has to go to the doctor and may not come back, so the other has nobody to gossip with. Oh I forgot, she will probably spend the afternoon on the phone right outside my office. :rolleyes:

Made the mistake of asking why this one lady was going to the doctor. All I cared for was the short answer, but yet I got the long drawn out detailed blow by blow version.

Chad

uncas
10-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Ya know Dan.. I would really like to meet you. I enjoy and get a kick out of your posts..Noit a neg. comment.... and yes, except for sports, I sense we have a lot in common...

cs
10-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Wimp. ;)

Dan

Got that right. I've incurred their wrath before. One time she quiet talking to me for about 2 months. Hey wait that was good.;)

Chad

Uncle Duke
10-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Seriously - what works really nicely is to lean out the door and join in the conversation. They will move away very quickly. And if you have a chance to do it twice, they won't hang around doing it again.
"Who's Trevor? I had a friend named Trevor once, he lived in Jersey but maybe it's the same guy..."
"Which church? My wife and I go to a church in Newbury, but it's not as nice as the one in Plantain. That one has a nice garden with...."

cs
10-13-2006, 11:44 AM
This one time I made her mad at me and so she sent me this memo. Can't remember what it said word for word, but basicly she said that since we didn't agree that it would be best if we didn't talk at all. That all further converstations between us that was work releated either had to be done through e-mail or memos. That we didn't even need to talk to each other at all.

Most peaceful time I ever had.

Chad

uncas
10-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Chad, if the other half sees your last post.. You will be living on the couch and it will be awfully quiet on the home front.
Boy, you really like to take it to the edge...

cs
10-13-2006, 11:48 AM
No this is work not home. The other half can't believe I have to put up with this lady at work.

Chad

Tristan
10-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Seriously - what works really nicely is to lean out the door and join in the conversation. They will move away very quickly. And if you have a chance to do it twice, they won't hang around doing it again.
"Who's Trevor? I had a friend named Trevor once, he lived in Jersey but maybe it's the same guy..."
"Which church? My wife and I go to a church in Newbury, but it's not as nice as the one in Plantain. That one has a nice garden with...."

How true. When I became a house daddy about thirteen years ago I used to make the mistake of trying to engage young women about which humidifiers were the best, how to deal with hot overtired kids, which foods they fed their kids, etc. They acted embarassed and soon left me standing alone.

cs
10-13-2006, 11:56 AM
The one lady that had to go to the doctor because of 2 week long headache. If I had to listen to all gossip all the time I too would have a headache.

Chad

ps this site planning is making my eyes glaze over so forgive me if I stop in here with BS.

Memphis Mike
10-13-2006, 12:05 PM
I know what ya mean, Chad. You'd think their jowls would get tired.

There was a show on TV the other day that said the average female speaks 20,000 words per day as compared to the average male who speaks 7,000 per day.

I think they give themselves headaches with all that tongue flappin.

uncas
10-13-2006, 12:07 PM
It is not about word count. It is what one says. Fewer words often have the greater impact.

Ah, yes, to be single and happy.

cs
10-13-2006, 02:55 PM
On the phone blah blah blah blah.

Chad

huisjen
10-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Hey Jamie, stop in some time.

Dan

uncas
10-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Dan
These are written words. My jaw is fine... :)

Another One
10-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh, tell me about it. Somehow my office is a shortcut to the rest rooms (I'm not kidding) and a convenient route for cell phone-adicted brokers. We tried to block off the access with some strategically placed plants, but they just complained until the building manager made us take them out again.

One older gentleman in particular likes to stop and chat on his way to the men's room - - things like explaining that he likes this bathroom better because the seat ring on the other one is cracked and pinches his tooshie. :rolleyes:

huisjen
10-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Pay someone off to crack this one too?

Dan

Another One
10-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Great thought!!!! The only tool I have with me is my leatherman, but I can have a mallet and some kind of anvil-like device here by Monday.

Now what do I do about the cell phones? (Keep in mind that I occasionally use mine, too, so I can't just jam the signal.)

uncas
10-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Cell phone..yes I have one.. I spend at the most 20 mintues a month and I am being conservative.
My house phone..maybe an hour and a half a month.

My phone only rings when someone wants something from me and as I rarely want anything from anyone, I don't use it. The last personal call I got was umm..back in the first weekend of Sept. No, the second weekend...Can't remember.

huisjen
10-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Great thought!!!! The only tool I have with me is my leatherman...

That's enough to just remove the seat.

Dan

cs
10-13-2006, 03:32 PM
No you don't want to completly remove it. They will just buy a new one. You want to damage it just enough so that it is un-comfortable but not enough to warrent replacement.

Chad

Another One
10-13-2006, 03:36 PM
slip-resistant paint? :D

uncas
10-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, on those French toilets, you don't have a problem. Many are just a hole in the floor, two imprints outlined in the concrete floor for your feet and a cord to pull to flush when you are done. Ya do need good knees though...

Katherine
10-13-2006, 03:40 PM
slip-resistant paint? :DBottom paint.;)

Mrleft8
10-13-2006, 03:44 PM
My theory,is that women's mouths just plain old never stop moving from the time they wake up in the morning, until they fall asleep at night. Sometimes even in their sleep....
Carter spends the entire day around dozens of other people. I'm sure she talks 98% of the time. When she gets home....YAK YAK YAK all through the news, while I'm trying to watch jeopardy, straight into whichever gruesome psuedo crimescene show she wants to watch. If I suggest just a momentary break in the word flow I get the hairy eyeball. "I'm just trying to find out how your day went...." How the hell are you trying to find out how my damned day went by telling me boring goddamn stories about people that I've never met?

uncas
10-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I have a friend ( okay don't go there.. ) who, when he was a lot younger...say 17, stopped in to see his grandparents. He walked into the library. His elderly grandmother was yaking up a storm and his grandfather was nodding his head knowingly. My friend says " Hi granddad, grandmother...how are you doing? " His grandfather looks up, sees him, raises his hand and says " wait a minute Henry." Reaches up, takes his hearing aids out, turns them on and replaces them in his ears and says " Now, Henry, what did you say?"

His grandparents had been married for at least 60 years....

Another One
10-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Just for you (with appologies for having completely hijacked the thread). Please take especial note of the section on "Communication" ;) :

In the world of romance, one single rule applies:
Make the woman happy. Do something she likes, and you get points. Do something she dislikes and points are subtracted.
You don't get any points for doing something she expects. Sorry, that's the way the game is played.
Here is a guide to the point system:

SIMPLE DUTIES
* You make the bed (+1)
* You make the bed, but forget the decorative pillow ( -1 )
* You throw the bedspread over rumpled sheets (-1)
* You go out to buy her what she wants (+5) In the rain (+8) But return with beer (-5)
* You check out a suspicious noise at night (+1)
* You check out a suspicious noise, and it is nothing (0)
* You check out a suspicious noise and it is something (+5)
* You pummel it with iron rod (+10)
* It's her pet (-20)

SOCIAL ENGAGEMENTS
* You stay by her side the entire party (0)
* You stay by her side for a while, then leave to chat with a college buddy (-2)
* Named Tina (-10)
* Tina is a dancer (-20)
* Tina has silicon implants (-80)

HER BIRTHDAY
* You take her out to dinner (+2)
* You take her out to dinner and it's not a sports bar (+3)
* Okay, it's a sports bar (-2)
* And it's all-you-can-eat night (-3)
* It's a sports bar, it's all-you-can-eat night, and your face is painted the colours of your favourite team (-10)

A NIGHT OUT
* You take her to a movie (+1)
* You take her to a movie she likes (+3)
* You take her to a movie you hate (+6)
* You take her to a movie you like (-2)
* It's called 'Death Cop' (-3)
* You lied and said it was a foreign film about orphans (-15)

YOUR PHYSIQUE
* You develop a noticeable potbelly (-15)
* You develop a noticeable potbelly and exercise to get rid of it (+10)
* You develop a noticeable potbelly and resort to baggy jeans and baggy Hawaiian shirts (-30)
* You say, "It doesn't matter, you have one too." (-8000)

THE BIG QUESTION
* She asks, "Do I look fat?" (-5) [Yes, you lose points no matter what]
* You hesitate in responding (-10)
* You reply, "Where?" (-35)
* Any other response (-20)

COMMUNICATION
* When she wants to talk about a problem, you listen, displaying what looks like a concerned expression (0)
* You listen, for over 30 minutes (+50)
* You listen for more than 30 minutes without looking at the TV (+500)
* She realises this is because you have fallen asleep (-4000)

Paul Pless
10-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, on those French toilets, you don't have a problem. Many are just a hole in the floor, two imprints outlined in the concrete floor for your feet and a cord to pull to flush when you are done. Ya do need good knees though...

Damn Jamie, were you thrown into a French jail too.:D:p

uncas
10-13-2006, 03:52 PM
So much for woman's lib Jami... LOL

Another One
10-13-2006, 04:29 PM
So much for woman's lib Jami... LOL

:D Actually, I think it's less about rights & responsibilities and more about differences in perception. But the world may never know. :D

Have a good weekend, y'all. Out for now.

Jami

geeman
10-14-2006, 10:11 AM
I perfected the "zoneout" method years ago.The real trick is to appear that your listening yet "zone out".All you have to do is catch about every 10th word and your home free.I've been married for 37 years,if you count both wives LOL. It does work,its the look you must perfect on your face that says your listening.........

Paul Girouard
10-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Eh Chad what would you call this thread? Couldn't it be considered all most the same thing your complaining about , only in a written format :rolleyes: :D

paladin
10-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Jami...cell phone problem is easily cured.....I have this little box....small as a pack of cigarettes.....that if anyone tries to operate a cell phone within 75 feet or so...it dunno will work...quiet, passive...untraceable......

When I was in Holy Cross the area outside my room was infected by slow duty nurses...gossiping...in pampagueno....a dielect similar to tagalog, at all hours of the night...so about 1-2 a.m. one morning when I couldn't sleep, 3 or 4 of them were chattering away....I sorta sat up and yelled (as loud as I could which wasn't much) "Enough, you stupid black monkies" in their dialect....they were very nice after that. One finally came, sorta embarrased, and asked where I learned the language. I told her "just listening to you women chatter all night for the last 3 weeks"....

Peter Kalshoven
10-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I had a co-worker who used to walk through the "gossip pen" in the office chanting "More Work! Less Talk! More Work! Less Talk!" They didn't like him much, but they used to turn back to their desks and get to work.
I miss that guy.

Meerkat
10-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Drives me crazy, girls in the office right outside my door yaking away. Can't they find something better to do that gossip?

ChadCount your blessings - you could be living next to a colony of nesting geese - or Ishmael! :D

geeman
10-15-2006, 09:33 AM
It amazes me how we watch the tourists in town for the weekend here in Gatlinburg.Their on vacation ,however every other person we see has a cell phone glued to their ear.We'll see a whole group of young "princesse's" (my name for the spoiled young ladies who think the world revolves around them) walking around each with her own cell phone chatting away to somebody who's not around.Tourists will walk into a shop , pick out their purchase by pointing to what they want,and cant take care of business because their too busy chatting on the phone, leaving the salespeople trying to guess what it is they want,then when they guess wrong stand there while the tourist calls them stupid.Why go on vacation if your still going to work while your there?Its weekends such as this one that causes tourist areas like ours to wish the tourists would just simply mail in the money and stay home LOL

Ethan
10-16-2006, 01:23 AM
My theory,is that women's mouths just plain old never stop moving from the time they wake up in the morning, until they fall asleep at night. Sometimes even in their sleep....
Carter spends the entire day around dozens of other people. I'm sure she talks 98% of the time. When she gets home....YAK YAK YAK all through the news, while I'm trying to watch jeopardy, straight into whichever gruesome psuedo crimescene show she wants to watch. If I suggest just a momentary break in the word flow I get the hairy eyeball. "I'm just trying to find out how your day went...." How the hell are you trying to find out how my damned day went by telling me boring goddamn stories about people that I've never met?

:D:D:Droflmao

so true, so true....