PDA

View Full Version : Jack??? What did yous blokes do with him?

Wild Dingo
10-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Alright you mob!! What the blazes have you done with Jack our resident hermit with attitude and psychosis? mmmm has someone snuffled him outta the hills of Bangor and set him up in New York or Seattle or somewhere?

Funny how when someone gets up your nose and you have some issues with them... that they suddenly and mysteriously go missing? Although I will admit to lately trying to goad him into showing his ugly fugly again and will also admit some of his threads have not been "the best of Jack" ...I still like the buggar!... And hes one of the forum charectors I mean what other forum can boast an ex theology or some religious type seaker Fried Jung quoting well read increadibly curious and articulate hermit?... yeah yeah some of his more recent threads were of the trolling nature and way off tasting but still an interesting forumite all the same

Wonder how the buggars going anyone been in contact with him?

yeah yeah I had issues with him and stuck him and ONLY him on the rediculous "ignore list" but took him back of it in a matter of hours... anyway Im just fishing at the moment... as Im wonderin how hes gettin on

Rex Fearnehough
10-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Who is Jack? I've been away a long time away but I am sure I have the psychosis qualifications, if not I could introduce some new ones.
How are going have the chain scars healed yet?

PatCox
10-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Jack is Ishmael; since Dingo's question he came back, and then faded away, but don't worry, he'll be back. Its cyclical, like the moon.

Leon m
10-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Joe did it .

Wild Dingo
10-06-2006, 03:11 PM
oooh right its all about Joe eh? :D that bloody sod gets blamed for everything... well almost and what he doesnt get blamed for Bush does :D

Sorry Rex... chain scars? Im missing something mate... Im well if thats what your asking mate had a knee op and am workin out in the Great Sandy Desert when they consider Im fit enough to return that is! otherwise Im goin great guns! And yourself?

Pat your right of course Jack is Ishmael as we know and also Jack Heinlen at times depending on the particular phase of the moon and the degree of his present psychosis levels at the time... nah stop it Shane stop it!!... ahem... hopefully if he reads this he will realize Im pullin his leg and joking ;)

seafox
10-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Ish says he is hanging in there and just needs to work a little harder to get more money. I know what the man meens. but today was a rain day

Tristan
10-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Jayzus Dingo, you put Jack on your ignore list? Why in hell for? I'd a thunk he'd be the very last one to go on your ignore list.

ishmael
10-10-2006, 05:43 PM
It was because of my comments about sexuallity. Seems fathers of teenage girls took particular offense.

Allow me to take a moment to try to clarify. I can't imagine, at fifty, pursuing a date with a woman under about the age of thirty five. But that doesn't mean an eighteen year old gal doesn't have her charms.

Sex remains, a century after "The Intrepretation of Dreams" a thing we don't have a very good handle on. There's a tension in the psyche between prudery and license. Frankly, some of what is subject to prudery, like the inevitable illicit attraction to young women or men, is being puffed up by a media that loves its purience. All the while, at nine PM, on network TV, we've got graphic displays of sexual sadism, murder, nihilism of the most heinous nature played as entertainment. Add in most hip hop, with its violence and mysogyny. It doesn't take a genius to see the conflict. Given the weakening of the Super Ego, in Freud's terms, is it any real wonder we have unbalanced people going off their nuts and shooting little girls? I think not.

botebum
10-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Here we go again:rolleyes:

Doug

jack grebe
10-10-2006, 05:48 PM
somethimgs never change:rolleyes:

LeeG
10-10-2006, 06:26 PM
from stage left one of the three stooges whacks Jack upside the head

ishmael
10-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Lee, bite me.

Repression of the awareness is another thing I was aiming toward. It's basic, psychology 101 that awareness repressed comes out sideways. I think we see this in our prudery which manifests in abusive relationships, incest, rape.

I got in big trouble here pointing out that a sixteen year old woman can be very attractive. She can be, and I've known sixteen year olds who could pass for twenty. I know it makes the pappas squirm a bit, but daddy's girl has become a woman.

Now, given this, what do you do with it? Personally, as I've said, I'll show them due deference as beautiful young women and have no desire to push those boundaries. But the repression of the awareness is wrong. Suppression of action is a different matter.

Mark Twain, later in his life, after he'd lost his wife and daughter and made his world tour to pay his debts, had a cadre of adolescent girls who gathered around him in Hartford, CT. He called them his "Anglefish." They read and wrote poetry, talked literature, talked all around, had a grand time. No one spectacular came out of those salons, but many went on to become teachers with a lifelong love of literature. There was never any hint of impropriety, yet today, such a meeting couldn't happen.

As the girls graduated into womanhood you can't tell me Twain didn't have a sexual twinge or two. It's natural. It's also natural for an older man to refrain, and protect any young woman as he would his own daughter.

That this sort of meeting could not happen in today's climate of hyper-sexuallity is truly tragic.

jack grebe
10-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Lee, bite me.
now there's something I have'nt heard since grammer school

ishmael
10-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Got something to say, Mr. Grebe? Say it! Blow it out! It will do you good!

I've said my piece. I stand by it. I'm open to correction.

LeeG
10-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Jack, you're so isolated and cut off from normal human interaction that you think pushing buttons is the same as "pushing the awareness"

You have to establish a common understanding (like, "are you interested?""does your awareness need pushing today?") to be able to even approach these topics. You throw out a bucket of self-indulgent slop in the Bilge, slide across it, sometimes staying up and turn around to the people throwing darts and say "didjaseethat-thatsskatingfellows, likejungsaidooops, mydearyoulookmahvelousfromdownhere"

and you expect comment on what you're saying?

botebum
10-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Jack, I understand what you're saying. I think that you spend too, way too, much time thinking about the subject. So much so that it's not healthy. Because Twain didn't get caught perving on young girls doesn't make it innocent. Because you do not allow yourself much access to women certainly can't make you an expert on love(physical or platonic). Reading the classics or the psyches or the intellectuals cannot make you an expert either. The only route to expertise is through living. The only expertise you can hope to gain is what you experience. You will never know another person until you know yourself, and you, my friend, do not. I still love ya though.

Doug

Wild Dingo
10-10-2006, 11:26 PM
I thought I was the only one on Dingo's ignut list.;) Life is good when you reach the selective high profile ignoor lists from the special olympics participants on the forum. :D

You never were on any "list" Mike imagined or real... I just think your being a tad of a jumped up wanker lately and have said so :rolleyes: Your bullshyte behavior on Franks forum aimed at me over your popsicle boat build (said thread was locked and deleted by Frank after it was obvious that it was only going to get worse... fair enough) anyway that says volumes about you as a mate :mad:

Just when EXACTLY was I PERSONALLY supposed to have rubbished and insulted you and or your bloody boatbuilding "expertize" Mike? When and EXACTLY were was I PERSONALLY responsible for saying that popsicle would sink burst its ass or whatever?... I will tell you... NEVER!... All I had done after seeing a post here on the WBF from Dave to go to Franks forum where I knew you hung out and posted occasionally and asked the same damned question he had asked here!! ergo "had you launched popsicle yet" there was no negative no abuse no having a go just a simple question... THAT WAS MY ONE MISTAKE wasnt it Mike? I asked how it was going... yep that was it silly me eh? all it got me for my efforts was a barrage of bullshyte and garbage spewed by you on Franks forum aimed at me personally... a supposed mate... when someone does that one has to wonder if theyre just the same in real life and if so then Im sorry for any of your actual mates... how can someone trust a mate that turns on them without reason? I cant and Ive said as much... and more recently on a thread here I simply asked why if the forum and some of the participants were getting to you so much why you didnt just walk away... simple really not telling you to just asking you why you dont as it seems a bit rediculous to remain where you obviously dont feel liked or respected doesnt it?... your choice of course... but even then I got slammed by you and another forumite who took my words wrong :rolleyes: I have and will continue to refer people upstairs who ask about the Simmons boats to seek you out as you would be one of the few here who have not only built them but also restored them and so you would have the knowledge they seek... but otherwise ...to hell with you Oyster Erster Whatever Mike

As to the "special olympics participants" on the forum thanks for the "compliment" but Im a long way from being in that elite group in fact you in your several guises would beat my number of posts by a long shot!! my 8000+ posts does not come close so get a grip :rolleyes:

As for the ignore list here on the forum Jack was the only one Ive put on it for comments made about YOUNGER than 16 year old girls along with other sexualy innuendo type posts which I came to a point where Id had enough of them... So I put him on the list a week later took him off... Jack and I exchanged pms about it and I thought that was it... and although Id decided Id reached a point with him and his comments whereby Id had a gut full and would personally ignore him rather than the stupid ignore list thing I had no interest or intent of seekin him to leave... perhaps a bit of quiet time? but not to leave when I hadnt seen his name for awhile I wondered what was up is all and ergo this thread.

ooh by the way and before anyone asks? Im feelin just fine terrific actually ;) :cool: ...and Jack its good to see you writing again

botebum
10-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Just gotta say- I stil love ya Shane! and as Joe would say to everything else- fugetaboutit(sp-Joe?)

Doug

Wild Dingo
10-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Actually Doug... I think it were one ol cantancorous ol phart named Bob of Cleek who first uttered that expression here... Joe has this BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHA thing going :D

ishmael
10-11-2006, 12:46 AM
"Because Twain didn't get caught perving on young girls doesn't make it innocent."

You miss my point. Twain didn't get caught "perving on young girls", as you put it because he didn't "perv on young girls." He was an honorable man. This is something that is lost today, with all the focus on the small percentage who are bad actors.

I'm resentful of both the bad actors and the media that makes them the rockstars of twisted. It makes it impossible for me, or anyone else, to have our anglefish. It's terribly tragic. It's a horrible loss, to both middle-aged men and to young women.

So go ahead, as is the custom today, twist what I said into some fantasy that fits your illness.

Meerkat
10-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Anglefish? What the fook is an anglefish ya pervert?

ishmael
10-11-2006, 01:57 AM
Someone, I can't remember who, said something very trenchant about this place, very psychologically wise. What is seen here is very much a mirror.

"Angelfish" as I said, was Twain's pet name for a salon of adolescent girls, whom he mentored. It was a very lovely, late-Victorian meeting of young women and Twain. One should be so lucky!

I can't be any more clear about how I feel regarding sex, young women, middle age. I can reiterate till the moon stops its orbit, but it won't matter. Some, who have things they need to work on, will take it as my perversion. It's not mine, it belongs to them.

And dammit, Twain's anglefish were a fine thing! It's horrible that such meetings are now second guessed to death, and can't happen. I lay the loss at your feet.

ishmael
10-11-2006, 03:09 AM
P.S. The Twain House, now preserved in Hartford as a sort of emblem of literati from the gilded age, isn't where Twain lived in his later years. He was forced to sell it, because of bad debt.

He was a bit mad. He sank his whole fortune from his books into a mechanical typesetting robot that he thought would revolutionize printing. It flopped, and he was left with a huge debt.

Rather than declare himself bankrupt, as so many did in the waning years of the eighteen hundreds, he said no, I'm going to pay my creditors. It launched him on his round the world tour, at sixty some years of age, which is the source of much that has made it into the common mystique: the white suit, the flowing mane of white hair, the cigar, the monologue. Twain invented the modern monologue, the stand-up comic, on that tour. People the world over loved it. He played to packed houses from London to Bombay, and paid off his debts.

I really admire his pluck. He lived a tragic life, in many ways, but he kept going.

Wild Dingo
10-11-2006, 04:43 AM
... He was a bit mad...
I really admire his pluck. He lived a tragic life, in many ways, but he kept going.

aahh tis good to see you writing again Jack ;) Not corelating your quote to your owngoodself of course!! :p

Joe (SoCal)
10-11-2006, 06:22 AM
from stage left one of the three stooges whacks Jack upside the head

http://strangecosmos.com/images/content/102702.gif

Joe (SoCal)
10-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Oh and Oysters an ass. He spouts his gibberish how the good forum has lost many a good participant do to the incessant bickering. He claims we should go fishin or build a boat.

YET HE CONTINUES TO POST INFLAMING POLITICAL RANTS THAT ONLY FURTHER DIVIDE PEOPLE

What a bafoon.

Wild Dingo
10-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Move on Shane, and relax a bit.
ooh by the way and before anyone asks? Im feelin just fine terrific actually

I never named you at all when I spoke about folks here, and attacked you at all selective memory erster?

I have asked you repeatedly to move on, YOU have not once asked me to move on apologised for your bullshyte statements and now its gone it cant be proven... very convienent that eh? But then when you did it you knew what Franks response would be didnt you just as I did

as I have moved on, but you keep yammering on at me.Do I? Well thats bloody interesting isnt it? Ive made 2 posts having a shot at you since you pulled that stunt and I "keep yammering on at me" amazing how being shytehead toward a mate can make a mate do that eh? :rolleyes:

Pretend that the boat broke open and sank, and life is now better for it for everyone. IT HAS?? WHAAAAAAAAHOOOOO!!! Thank gawd for that!

Leave it out of your topics each day. twice is every day? since when? its been several months since that thread got burnt erster! and twice doesnt equate with every day... ahem yer paranoia is showing again

Go fishing or something. Write a book and leave me out of it and make it a mystery. Dont for one second attempt in your snide way to tell me what to do or even suggesting I do anything alright you forfeited that right when you cast me off as a mate like so much flotsam so up yours sport

Deal? Get over it. Enuf now You dont tell me to "get over" anything nor to say "enuf now" as though your talkin to your kid sonshine! :mad:

Ive got 2 final words for you erster/oyster/whatever Mike...

just 2...

Get stuffed

Dryer lint
10-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Oh and Oysters an ass. He spouts his gibberish how the good forum has lost many a good participant do to the incessant bickering. He claims we should go fishin or build a boat.

YET HE CONTINUES TO POST INFLAMING POLITICAL RANTS THAT ONLY FURTHER DIVIDE PEOPLE

What a bafoon.

Fart.

Oyster doesnt divide people, people divide people.

And.

SOME PEOPLE TAKE THIS PLACE WAY WAY WAY TO SERIOUSLY!!!! ;) ;)