PDA

View Full Version : Hey Kiwis

shamus
09-21-2006, 10:27 PM
942 hPa low pressure system coming your way. 65 knots here for a while this morning. I was watching a wedgetail eagle flying- they must be strong buggers, he had not reefed at all.....

John B
09-21-2006, 10:49 PM
fanks Shamus. I'd be obliged if you get Australia to move down just a little bit so as to give us a lee next time.

formerlyknownasprince
09-22-2006, 02:14 AM
We had a windy day here on Wednesday - the glue pots were blowing off the boat - and we had to retrieve Bazza's Ella Bache 18' Skiff hat from the briny twice. We quit work at 11:00am.

John B
09-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Bloody hell . An hour early.:D

formerlyknownasprince
09-22-2006, 04:02 AM
Shhh.

Put some bits in the M5 today, John - thermostat, associated ring - the old one of which had to be cut out, temp sensors, new fan (old one had a chip out of it where someone had dropped a tool in to it).

I don't know if it applies with Jags - but my BM parts now come from the US - at about a quarter of the cost from the stealers here. Oxygen sensor waiting to go in was $US102 - vs $Aus 500 local. To be truthful here, the poor old boat only got one boat unit spent on it this week - but the car scored two boat units!

Four days on the boat was enough this week. 350 bungs in the deck - I'm all plugged out. At least I varnished the Duffy Dodge and the stand for the dunny this morning.

Ian