PDA

View Full Version : Okay, enough, anyone out there. Got things to do

uncas
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Want to edit 600 pages?
I am dreading it....But there is some good stuff and I am no good at editing my own writing.

Hwyl
09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I'd love to do it, but I'm off sailing for a month. If it's not done by November give me a call

Popeye
09-18-2006, 11:04 AM
you worked the furry lady into a tv mini-series?

Another One
09-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah - 600 pages of what? (Just finished editing my father's first book, which was kinda interesting.)

Jami

Wild Dingo
09-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I'll do it!!! :D oooh yeah let me Jamie!! ME!! ME!! ME!!! :cool:

Of course I cant guarentee the content will acurately portray the original in any way shape of form when Im done... but for you Jamie I will try! ;)

So what is it about? Rip roarin tales of pirates and wenches? textual manuscrips of the bilge? the great farnarkling challenges of life? huh whats it about eh? See!!! Im interested!! Im keen!... whats it about eh???

Kind regards me!! :D

note... the editor of this post reserves the right to knock back the offered manuscrip if its not to his particular idea of normalicy or celabate seamanship as per the legendary Jamie of Uncas unless clearly stated as a work of fiction and utter nonsence which in Jamies case refers to said celabacy as its well know he has a sheila in every port and a few stashed around the globe for those momentary lapses into landlubberite that hes known for :D

geeman
09-18-2006, 11:20 AM
NOW THATS RICH!!!!!!! DINGO determining whats "normal" haaaaaaaaaa!

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 11:42 AM
kinda scary ain't it Uncas...

pcford
09-18-2006, 11:44 AM
I'll do it!!! :D oooh yeah let me Jamie!! ME!! ME!! ME!!! :cool:

Of course I cant guarentee the content will acurately portray the original in any way shape of form when Im done...
Think of the expense of translation and putting in smilies.

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 11:45 AM
What goes into editing? Maybe I could do somethig?

I once edited a weekly paper for the USN but I think I was more of a censor...

Wild Dingo
09-18-2006, 11:54 AM
I could so too do it! :p

Of couse there would be the issue of translating what Id edited into Americanize or a version of English neither of which I speak really well :rolleyes: but the smilies are an added bonus reserved for here I pwomis Jamie I wont use one single smilie in the editing!!

Well... I could do it :rolleyes: I think ;)

Normal? Well... I know normal!! I DO!!!... well I think I do :confused: I used to know... hang on a tick... yeah I did... dont anymore but! :D

aaahhh buggar it get some other mug to do it Jamie! :p Im over it :cool: ...but hey the offers there if you change your mind or dont get a better offer than another one or Phillip :rolleyes: Theyre way too seriass! :D

Popeye
09-18-2006, 12:01 PM
.. :)

Another One
09-18-2006, 12:08 PM
I vote for Dingo - - provided the work is published in serial form here, as each chapter completes editing.

uncas
09-18-2006, 12:09 PM
I sense that these are more likely to be short stories. There is a thread.
Umm..wait to see. It ain't a spy mystery...More like a series of short stories about sailing, bicycling, sheep ( Dingo your ears are up ) education, small town life.. A bit for just about everyone.

All I keep staring as is a ream of typed pages gathering dust. It's time to get off my transom and do something about it.

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Send me a chapter... (We’ll trade if I ever get mine written)

uncas
09-18-2006, 12:17 PM
What is the delay factor..Are we talking days, weeks, or month Phillip?
Mine is written...To me that is half of the battle. I just don't know what to do with it except I realize it needs a lot of work. That is a no brainer.

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Heck...send Dingo the same chapter and we'll compete...I don't mind losing to dingo

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 12:19 PM
I'd have to type into the computer and then go about reading and making suggestions or whatever...I'd expect us to develop a lively correspondence via email

uncas
09-18-2006, 12:21 PM
The shortest chapter is gotta be about 30 pages. Can't post...won't post...Too long.
I'll send you one if you are that interested but knowing they all need work, I'm looking , or would be looking for additions, spelling errors, etc. Not a post full of... Fill in the blank.

Needless to say, with all of the garbage in print these days, what I have put together is better than some and worse than others.

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 12:23 PM
I'll give it an honest shot...there are things I understand such as it is YOUR writing and not mine and I may not change a thing without your request and the like...I love writing but have never done much myself if not forced to...might be good for me

Shall I PM you my mailing address?

uncas
09-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Phillip...go ahead. Now that I have tracked down my old processor, that I used to put it on disk, I can run off a copy.

To me, the key for sucj stories is to be funny, humorous and interesting.
We get too much on the news everyday that ain't. Most of us need a break.

Wild Dingo
09-18-2006, 12:27 PM
I sense that these are more likely to be short stories. There is a thread.
Umm..wait to see. It ain't a spy mystery...More like a series of short stories about sailing, bicycling, sheep ( Dingo your ears are up ) education, small town life.. A bit for just about everyone.

All I keep staring as is a ream of typed pages gathering dust. It's time to get off my transom and do something about it.

Yep ears perked right up at the word "sheep"!! ooohhhh Johnno ol mate have I got a story for you!! :D courtesy of Jamie of course ;)

Phillip mate... your too seriass mate sorry way it is... no thats okay no need to thank me for pointing that out mate my pleasure ;)

Jami... your a dear! :D mmm bedda watch meself I can see another sheila teasin session comin on!! :eek:

Id wait a bit Jamie... maybe someone with some ability will tottle in wine glass in hand ceegar in gob and offer their services... just watch ol Donn hes a spellin nazi and is mad keen on sintax (whatever a sintax is!) gramma an such nonscence... us mob would just go totally nuts if we got hold of em :D

ahem well they would!!! :p I wouldnt you know me mate you know I woldnt do somethin like that :cool:... dontcha :eek:

uncas
09-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Keep in mind though...these nits and pieces were written when I had returned from work, was relaxing and above all, not paying that much attention to grammar, spelling etc. They wewre written " off the cuff " so to speak. I have never reviewed them, never attempted to change them, and never attempted to edit them.

Wild Dingo
09-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Okay cross posted with all that :rolleyes:

30 pages? A full story??? yer what!!! :eek: short story is right mate! whew what an easy "chore"... I feel sorry for anyone that edits my writings!! shortest would be 20,000 words! longest close to 800,000 :eek: yeah I sorta get into the story as I write it :rolleyes:

or would be looking for additions, spelling errors, etc. Not a post full of... Fill in the blank.

Well there goes my offer! :( ask Donn about me an gramma sintax ect ect Im stuffed but by god Id love to have a read could maybe make some suggestions but wouldnt attempt spellin an such cause Id stuff that up totally...

Mine is written...To me that is half of the battle.

"Written" is not a battle its the best part of writing the most enjoyable part as the words flow and charectors come to life... thats the good bit... this what your proposing is the battle!!

We get too much on the news everyday that ain't. Most of us need a break

Same here mate same here... firstly I write for me... then I write for others... more often than not when I like what I write others will as well... life itself if so full of troubles trials and trivails that a good story will transport you into another life another time perhaps and an adventure within your mind... if it contains humor thats an added bonus that carries over into life

The majik of words :cool:

Heck...send Dingo the same chapter and we'll compete...I don't mind losing to dingo

I didnt know it was a competition Phillip? :eek: you probably wouldnt loose either since your so seriass and Im totally off the wall most times!! :D

uncas
09-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Ah Dingo...the words do flow with all of the typos etc. Each is a separate entity. I minced a lot of words, perhaps even stretched the truth if it fit, wrote about sheep and bicycling, Wrote about the local small town diner where only locals are tech allowed and toursits are frowned on.
Umm the list goes on.

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 01:04 PM
When I aced my university essay writing course, I usually wrote about 8 drafts before the final...I can figure it out...further more...I am not without a sense of humor Dingo... PHTTTTTT!

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Okay...Dingo, send me a short (?) piece and see if I can edit it... :)

uncas
09-18-2006, 01:13 PM
I never rewrote papers in college. What I wrote, I submitted. I sense that the profs and their lackeys wrote no better or worse than I did so why bother.

The only comment I ever got on a paper was:

This is a bit long, perhaps subtitles would have helped. Granted I got an A-...guess the - was due to its length.
Then again, perhaps I bored the grader to death.

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 01:15 PM
I operated from the idea that I needed to intertain my professor...

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 01:18 PM
I also got an A the same semester for writing a reader's theater play (cutting from an opera)

uncas
09-18-2006, 01:19 PM
So what you are saying Phillip is, ya got a gentleman's "C"!
I bored them to death, forced them to skip a few pages and have them give me an "A" just so that they could move on to the next paper.
I'll stick with the "A" not that it made qany difference in the overall picture. :)

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey...I was proud of my grades... !

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 01:22 PM
'course I was in my mid 30's and competing against a bunch of 19 year olds... :)
My "cute-chick" proff was a couple of years younger than me (that helped too)

uncas
09-18-2006, 01:29 PM
During my junior year, I had to take a course in Professional writing ( what ever the heck that means ).
I went to class the first day...kept my mouth shut ( a surprise ), looked at the the material to be coveed during the semester as well as the final project..a grant proposal and notr an exam.
Scratched my head and asked myself Why this...oh yes, it is a required course...I have to take it.
Went up to the professor the opening day with the paperwork in hand. Told him that this was stupid and I did not need it.
After listening to me for a few minutes, he finally told me that he agreed and that to meet the basic requirements, they should have lunch on Wed. to cover anything covered in class.
I agreed as there was this really good looking " hot potato " who ate lunch on campus on Wed. :) and I had no trouble taking the time to be in the student lounge during lunch hour.
Anyway, made it through the semester ( without going to class ) and suffered through a few lunches with the prof. I suffered as that hot potato had no interest in me at all no matter what I did.
Final requirement was a grant proposal. Sent him one I had submitted and received 20,00 US. He gabve me a "B" for the proposal and a "B" for the course because he did not like the format I used.

Wild Dingo
09-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Funny that you say you were in your 30s Phillip... That was the age I finally got my high school certificate! I aced English and Politics but failed science miserably and only did 1/4 hour of biology!... Im colorblind :rolleyes: couldnt see the bloody colored thingys in the first petri dish the put in front of us... told the student next to me and then asked the tutor bloke to show me which ones were the blue buggars... he looked at me like Id given him a toad on toast then asked me to leave and go speak to the course supervisor... so I did Social Sciences instead and aced that... man my proudest moment was gettin those results!! :cool: English 100% only one in my year group in the state to achieve that score Politics 97% highest in the college Social Sciences 95% in the top 5 percentile in the state... amazed the hell out of me!

I loved the English class... I was the oldest of them all INCLUDING the lecturer and his supervisor!! :D gawd it was a hoot! this young lecturer would find me before the class give me the days work ahead of the class and ask me to give him my views! :D

I did have some problems with grammer and such as like Jamie I submitted whatever I wrote and never edited anything... he asked me why I didnt and I said "mate you have 8 little tackers at home and try editing anything! you get what I write score me on what you read Im cool with that" usually Id add "son" or "young fella" just for kicks! :D He and the supervisor also had some probs with my usage of what they called the "Aussie idiom" at the time I had no idea what an idiom was let alone an Aussie one! Once I spoke they were content to understand that I wrote the same as I spoke but insisted I work on and study up on proper English for the score ;) I tried... sorta... not much but I gave it a go :cool:

I think I enjoyed English and Politics the most... fascinating topics...

I got tossed out of History in the first week had to be changed to another class before me and the smartassed up his own rectum idiot lecturer ended up snotting each other... and ended up having to forgo it all together after the snootty nosed acedemia lived no life moronic twit who though having never lived a life outside of acedemia and was just out of bloody nappies sheila they gave me had a stand up all out barny in the class and in the corridor... both came after I asked quite innocently why there was no Australian history in the course... none narda zip!!...

Both of these two friggin idiots said much the same thing "interestingly enough Shane theres more interesting history and knowledge to be gained from the course material than Australian history" Sorry but I sorta lost it and my voice raised a tad "Are you trying to tell us that there is more historical relevance to us Australians doing this course in Chinas Mao Tse Tung or the USAs Roosevelt years that anything thats happened in our own past?" "well yes actually if we look at..." that was it no more kapow out it came "BULLBLOODYSHYTE!" and it would be on for young and old... I wanted to learn I took the bloody course to learn AUSTRALIAN HISTORY... NOT bloody Chinese or American history!... nothin personal just my belief that we as students at an Australian college doin history should have been learning at least one semester of Australian history! But these dipsticks wouldnt budge one iota both believing and the course supervisor believing that Maos China Roosevelts USA and the great depression and its effects on USA society had more bloody relevence to us than anything Australia had done in its short history!

so anyway I got tossed on my bum from history :rolleyes:

But it was great going there and lead to my completing several years later the only Uni degree ever gotten by anyone EVER in my family! :cool:

uncas
09-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Donn, same prices at college for writing a paper for someone.
Nope, at those rates, I want references ( verified ).

This is all in fun. If someone wants to read them and critque them. Hey I don't have a problem.
I already know that they are literally " in the rough ".

I guess I just enjoyed the intial putting the stuff down on paper. But, after reaching so many pages well.
And I am in the process of dusting stuff off in the livingroom. Lots of dust on those pages.
Eithwer that or put them on e-bay or just wait for the garbage collector.

uncas
09-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Nah, I'll send them to someone who has a good sense of humor ( nothing personal ). They were written in fun and should be read with the idea that they were supposed to be read with a sense of humor.

You are a perfectionist and one who would want to critique Tolstoy, Mann, Thoreau, etc. Those authors are more up your line.

and the references prove my point.

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 05:52 PM
He's already got an editor Donn, with references from right around here... :)

Phil Heffernan
09-18-2006, 06:04 PM
He's already got an editor Donn, with references from right around here... :)

This is great, Phillip, could be a fun project...Though I think Jamie owes youn at least ONE re-write before you wade through it
;)

But I think you'd be waiting a long time for it...:)

Maybe a pair of fresh eyes would get the project a new lease on life...

PH

Phillip Allen
09-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Phtttttttt! (did I spell that correctly?)

Wild Dingo
09-18-2006, 09:49 PM
$50/pg for full editing. $25/pg for just spelling, punctuation and grammar.

$50pg?? Whassat? We were talking about editing Donn mate not how much pg fuel is :rolleyes:

uncas
09-19-2006, 05:46 AM
Ah Phil (CSOH)
Nah, the wait may not be as long as you think... :)

Phillip Allen
09-19-2006, 05:54 AM
In response to Phil (csoh), I do think it might be a fun project and am aware that laying such a thing down then coming back to it is very helpful. It may be like pruning a favorite rose bush; the love of the thing requires the pruning of digressions, however painful it may seem at the moment. The result can be a lovely shaping that draws the eye naturally toward the blossoms as a part of the whole and not a distraction from it.

uncas
09-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Phillip...
Stopped at my old office. Of course I had to chat with a few people that...well, won't go there. I picked up the word processor that takes the floppies I used to save the stuff. If the ribbon is okay. I'll send you some raw material.
Hey Phil (CSOH), I'm working on it...:)

Hwyl
08-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Did you ever get it edited Jamie, I think I preferred your Uncas persona to the current one.

botebum
08-17-2011, 08:09 PM
See, I told you guys he wasn't always insane and bitter.
It's sad, really.

Doug

Hwyl
08-17-2011, 08:15 PM
I hit "view post" Doug, Insane is a pretty bitter word. He's always been a bit perfunctory and never really spent enough time comprehending previous posts, but basically a really nice guy in person.

botebum
08-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Maybe I should have said that "He used to be lucid, comprehensible and friendly on the Forum. He is none of those things on the Forum lately."
I have never met him in person. I only have his persona here to go by.
If you want to try and tell me that the persona now is the same one that posted this thread in '06 then that's fine. I don't have to agree with it.

I've tried to help Jamie when he appears confused about what's being said in a thread only to be bitten for attacking him. I even contacted several members to see if he was OK.
Jamie doesn't want help or compassion. His choice and I'll abide by it.
I'll also call it as I see it when he starts weirding out.

Doug

S.V. Airlie
08-18-2011, 07:40 AM
You know doug. No matter what I write now on the forum, even on obscure topics that have said anything nasty about anyone, some of you are the first to jump on me regardless. So, I have come to wonder how much some of you have changed..I put up a post, and someone mentions ticks; ie, Lyme Disease association. Wonder who that was Doug. The innuendo was not nec. but you throw it in gladly just to twist the knife. I posted that yes, I was having a lot of difficulty with my Lyme Disease and asked the forum to have a little understanding. That was all I was asking. What do I get in return ad still get daily from a few? Of course I snap back. And Doug, if you were so concerned about my well being, you could have PM'd me and not a bunch of other formites.*

S.V. Airlie
08-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Your constant C&Ps and republicans are provoking enough. I am a republican yes, I do not go along with the tea party, etc.,but it appears that all republicans are thrown into the same barrel. I'm not going to agrue with you Norman. You have your position, you can't see how your posts effect all republicans even those who are not party to fringe groups.

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Jamie, don't be a hypocrite... want several dozen examples of you hopping on to a thread for no other reason than to take a personal shot at me, totally unprovoked? I'll be happy to C&P them.

Lots of people take shots at you. I think its because your a neo con in liberal clothing. How's all The PNAC working out for you? Obummer is right on task there. Not one deviation in fact he is accelerating it. :)

Hwyl
08-18-2011, 09:42 AM
I bumped this thread to showcase what things were like in the old days, with the wish that we could return to that I need not have ***king bothered

botebum
08-18-2011, 09:48 AM
And Doug, if you were so concerned about my well being, you could have PM'd me and not a bunch of other formites.*I did, Jamie. Several times. Each time I did you went on the offensive. I'd resend those PM's to you as a reminder but I have to clean out my box on a fairly regular basis so they're gone.

Doug

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 09:49 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/mudhutwarrior/67124542684299283558.jpg

botebum
08-18-2011, 09:51 AM
ArtofTrolling.com, Mark?
You take lessons in it or do you you teach there?
:D

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 09:55 AM
ArtofTrolling.com, Mark?
You take lessons in it or do you you teach there?
:D

Teach. I specialize in how to make fools of people who think they are better than everyone else.

botebum
08-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Teach. I specialize in how to make fools of people who think they are better than everyone else.So, it's a class in self-deprecation?:D

Doug

Phillip Allen
08-18-2011, 10:10 AM
of course the bilge picks on Jamie... they know it in their heart but are unable to help themselves. they reinforce each other's bad behavior just like a mob... it is definately divided along political lines

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 10:11 AM
So, it's a class in self-deprecation?:D

Doug

No that's another class. Graduate studies.

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 10:13 AM
of course the bilge picks on Jamie... they know it in their heart but are unable to help themselves. they reinforce each other's bad behavior just like a mob

My favorite is when they make the claim others have nothing to do with wooden boats and here is Jaimie a senior fellow in that regard and they kick the **** out of him anyways. Can't get more ludicrous.

Phillip Allen
08-18-2011, 10:14 AM
My favorite is when they make the claim others have nothing to do with wooden boats and here is Jaimie a senior fellow in that regard and they kick the **** out of him anyways. Can't get more ludicrous.

I'm sure some here hate that boat of Jamies

botebum
08-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Just out of curiosity- When was the last time Mark, Jamie or Phillip posted above the Bilge?

Doug

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm sure some here hate that boat of Jamies

Don't know how anyone who claims a love for wooden boats could. One of the prettiest and best sailing craft I have had the pleasure of being aboard.

Phillip Allen
08-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Just out of curiosity- When was the last time Mark, Jamie or Phillip posted above the Bilge?

Doug

a few weeks back, for me... is that a requirement now or just something laid out by the better-than-thou mob

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 10:21 AM

Doug

Just out of curiosity why does it matter. All of us have spent much time upstairs in the past. How long have you worked in the industry?

Phillip Allen
08-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Don't know how anyone who claims a love for wooden boats could. One of the prettiest and best sailing craft I have had the pleasure of being aboard.

they hate it that they kain't complain that Jamie doesn't have an excuse to be here... I am quite familiar with the sort that loves exclusiveness

botebum
08-18-2011, 10:22 AM
a few weeks back, for me... is that a requirement now or just something laid out by the better-than-thou mobNo, Phillip, but I wasn't the one that brought up the fact that this is a wooden boat forum or the looney notion that people "hate" Jamie's boat.

Doug

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 10:23 AM
No, Phillip, but I wasn't the one that brought up the fact that this is a wooden boat forum or the looney notion that people "hate" Jamie's boat.

Doug

You have brought up a lot. How bout we credential you now?

Phillip Allen
08-18-2011, 10:23 AM
No, Phillip, but I wasn't the one that brought up the fact that this is a wooden boat forum or the looney notion that people "hate" Jamie's boat.

Doug

did you think it was me that brought up "wooden boat" forum?

botebum
08-18-2011, 10:34 AM
did you think it was me that brought up "wooden boat" forum?No, and if you'll notice, you weren't the only one I asked about:rolleyes:

Doug

botebum
08-18-2011, 10:37 AM
You have brought up a lot. How bout we credential you now?I posted yesterday in B&R, and you?

Doug

ChaseKenyon
08-18-2011, 10:40 AM
The shortest chapter is gotta be about 30 pages. Can't post...won't post...Too long.
I'll send you one if you are that interested but knowing they all need work, I'm looking , or would be looking for additions, spelling errors, etc. Not a post full of... Fill in the blank.

Needless to say, with all of the garbage in print these days, what I have put together is better than some and worse than others.

I would be willing to go through it for you.

While not so good at spelling myself or grammar I do have one really great talent.

I find most words that are misused and or misspoken.

Comes from having a big Vocabulary.

THings like people using the wrong word:
the storm coming at us will have an affect on which sails we choose. should have been Effect.

Those kind of things and spotting hidden oxymorons and such in the written page.

I have been told that I excel at finding a better more precise word for those sentences that need more power.

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I posted yesterday in B&R, and you?

Doug

Do we have to go through this again? For like the hundredth time. I worked in the industry professionally for a number of outfits. I have certifications from Numerous manufacturers. Actually built wood boats for pay and several for myself. And still work on customers boats. Have helped many on this forum with their issues and on several of their boats. Now fitting out a steel boat for cruising and live aboard as I could not afford maintenance of a similar class wood boat.

Your turn

ChaseKenyon
08-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Phillip...go ahead. Now that I have tracked down my old processor, that I used to put it on disk, I can run off a copy.

We get too much on the news everyday that ain't. Most of us need a break.

You can email me as attachments if you want me to have a look see.

I have a 15 megabit DSL so I get 200 Jaguar poker run pics at once from brother Craig in Phoenix.

botebum
08-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Your turnWell, that wasn't the question, now was it, Mark?
The question was- "When was the last time you posted above the Bilge?"

Just to appease you- I worked as a boatbuilder for a living and built a few for myself as well.

Doug

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Well, that wasn't the question, now was it, Mark?

Just to appease you- I worked as a boatbuilder for a living and built a few for myself as well.

Doug

Then let it go. Never seen anyone so set on digging their own grave. :)

Phillip Allen
08-18-2011, 11:32 AM

Dougwhy did you ask the question in the first place?... be convincing please

S.V. Airlie
08-18-2011, 11:34 AM

DougPics... most people here are more than happy to supply pics of their work and many do because they are proud of what they have done.Doug.

botebum
08-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Adirondack III (http://www.scaranoboat.com/c18/Adirondack-III-p4.html)(formerly Imagine).
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/botebum/Boat%20Stuff/imagine-small.jpg

Friendship of Salem (http://www.scaranoboat.com/c18/Friendship-of-Salem-p33.html)
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/botebum/Boat%20Stuff/thumb_frshpsmall3_1104877546.jpg

Pics of my first boat, a simple pram or my 15' Lyman don't exist.
I have a few construction photos of my 16' sharpie somewhere but they need to be scanned.
There's an entire thread on repairing Sedge titled "Breaking the rules ... Again" if you'd care to look it up.

That's what I got. Let's see yours, Mark's and Phillip's.

Doug

S.V. Airlie
08-18-2011, 11:47 AM
No, more interested in the work you did..When Airlie was being rebuilt, the pics were daily.
Start to finish. So, where and what did you do to any of these crafts personally?

botebum
08-18-2011, 11:52 AM
No, more interested in the work you did..When Airlie was being rebuilt, the pics were daily.
Start to finish. So, where and what did you do to any of these crafts personally?You asked for pics from me but you three bozos get a pass? Typical addled old fart stuff, I guess.

As to what I did on these boats- I'm a carpenter, Jamie. That's pretty common knowledge around here. What do you suppose I did? Sew the sails?

Doug

S.V. Airlie
08-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Some believe anything..

botebum
08-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Some believe anything..That's true.
Some believe that you are sane. Some believe that all your woes are from a tick bite. Some believe that Mark never escaped from an insane asylum. Some believe that Phillip and Mark actually believe half the crap they post.
I believe I'll find something else to do for a while.

Doug

Tylerdurden
08-18-2011, 11:59 AM
My stuff is on the server. Take a chance and do something more than waiting for the lumber truck and do a search. I am busy watching your world collapse around you.