PDA

View Full Version : Weird Maine news

Chris Coose
09-18-2006, 09:35 AM
"Police in New Hampshire arrested a Maine couple Friday and charged them with kidnapping their 19-year-old daughter.
The teenager, whose parents allegedly tied her up with rope and loaded her into the back seat of their vehicle, escaped at a New Hampshire shopping mall.
Police say the parents, Nicholas Kampf, 54, and Lola Kampf, 53, of North Yarmouth, were upset that their daughter was pregnant and were taking her to New York state for an abortion."
http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/state/060917kidnapping.html#begin

I am familiar with these parents. They once owned/operated the State Theater, which is this swell smaller performance venue in the center of town. Their approaches in the business caused it to go under after a few years, though they brought in some class acts.

Family therapy in the future?

John of Phoenix
09-18-2006, 09:54 AM
That is weird.
Who did they expect was going to perform the procedure on an unwilling patient. Maybe that's why they brought the rifle.

Mrleft8
09-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Kinda makes you wonder who got the daughter pregnant....

Another One
09-19-2006, 08:39 AM
It was covered on CNN. The guy who got her pregnant is now in prison, and she's not sure how far along she is. Good recommendations for future parents, huh?

uncas
09-19-2006, 09:27 AM
I guess she forgot bio. 101.
Either that or the labs were hands on.

Bruce Hooke
09-19-2006, 12:51 PM
It sounds like one of the things that really upset the parents was that the father was a black man. Enlightened folks, eh?

As to not knowing how far along she is, that simply means they had a (somewhat) long term relationship, which in some small way is actually a good sign.

Sadly, I'd guess that there is plenty of trouble and hardship ahead for all involved.

Hwyl
09-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Kinda makes you wonder who got the daughter pregnant....

Wasn't me he says regretfully.

The race thing is being downplayed now, and it looks like it was a press red herring.