X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe (SoCal)
    Banned
    • Feb 2002

Camping With Tess on Tidbit Tonight.

Reading Winnie Thar Poo ( original big book version ) Wonderfully well writen by oil lamp & moonlight.
  • Figment
    Gluten Enthusiast
    • Dec 2001

Good night for camping. Good moon.

We're planning to take the dog out for the night tomorrow.
    (what with taking the boat apart and then putting it back together so slowly, he hasn't really been aboard for almost two years)
    People today will buy a car with square wheels as long as the steering wheel is heated.

Comment

• BrianW
      not your average member
      • Nov 2002

Have a nice night! Sounds like a great plan.
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
        Banned
        • Feb 2002

Amazing moon

Comment

• Mrleft8
          Banned
          • Feb 2000

Do you REALLY think that "Winnie the Pooh" was written by oil lamp and moonlight?

Comment

• rbgarr
            43.50.918 N, 69.38.583 W
            • Apr 1999

How else? Wasn't one of the characters nearly blind?
            For the most part experience is making the same mistakes over and over again, only with greater confidence.

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
              Banned
              • Feb 2002

Awoke this morning at the crack of dawn. The near full moon still high and bright in the south west sky. The out going tide so strong I could hear the gurgling noise as it past under Tidbit and left little whirlpools’ off her transom. We are moored on a transient just south of Dove, off a lush Ardent point, with morning steam coming off her edges.

I'm greeted with the sounds of geese migrating, fish popping to the surface, freight trains rumbling on the distant shore, and fresh coffee on my camp stove percolating. Just now I heard the West Point cadets off in the distance singing those familiar marching songs starting with phrases like "I don't know but I've been told ........" Tess is still sound a sleep snuggled with my extra fleece blanket. It got comfortable cool last night and Tidbit was heavy with dew this morning. I hope Tess slept as vividly as I did, such great dreams when camping aboard a small boat.

When she wakes I'll make her some soup and pink grapefruit juice. I think I'm going to have some eggs. Ahhh the Coffee is ready so let me go, I'll post some photos when I get home

Camp sailing is truly a wonderful thing I don't know why I don't do it more.
              Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 09-09-2006, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• bamamick
                • Nov 2003

Is it cool in the mornings up there yet?

Are the leaves beginning to turn? I bet it is beautiful.

When that guy wrote 'everything that I need to know I learned from Winnie the Pooh' or whatever it is I understood exactly what he meant. I raised my kids on Winnie the Pooh. I am not sure you could find a more able teacher.

Joe, you really need to get a copy of Tom McGrath's 'Voyage's of the Damn Foole' if you haven't already. Keep it on your boat. You would enjoy it.

Mickey Lake
                'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2002

Yea the leaves are just beginning to change on some selected trees. It must have gotten down to the low 60's last night. Sleeping bags took all of the chill off. As far as "The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh" I have not read it cover to cover in its original A. A. Milne version and I'm struck with how wonderfully well written it is. There are little life lessons woven throughout. Tess likes to say it’s not a baby book because it is a chapter book. She reads one chapter and I read the next. Last night we made it through two chapters before I heard her fall asleep at the end of my turn. As Ish would say wonderful stuff.
                  Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 09-09-2006, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                    • May 2002

Good on ya Joe...doing these things in very important for your child (and for any future grand children for her to tell it to..."when I was young, my father used to take me places and we saw wonderful things")
                    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
                    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

• Peter Kalshoven
                      Senior Member #20
                      • Apr 1999

Joe, it ain't the boats, it ain't the house, it ain't the money.

This, right here, is what makes you a rich man.

Here's to fatherhood!

Pete
                      "I'm built for comfort, ain't built for speed." - Willie Dixon

"I refuse to grow up, as I believe that it’s not mandatory." - Chuck "Paladin" Phillips

“Telecaster: Most basic kick-ass electric guitar ever made. (I should place IMHO right about here, but it's a natural and universal truth.)” -Tweed's Blues

"The truth of the matter is that I like my whiskey straight, my coffee black, my beer dark and my women feisty." -J. Madison

Comment

• uncas
                        Ancient Mariner
                        • Sep 2004

Great Joe.
                        Hope she has (had) fun. Just don't make Typhoon the next book you read to her on Tidbit.

Comment

• Nanoose
                          • Mar 2006

Good on ya Joe. The moon really has been amazing the past couple of nights. Moon shadow nights at sea are among my most favorite things. Nice for me to sit here on the other side of the continent and think of you and Tess sleeping out there on the hook (another great thing!) with the same moon shining down on us all. Simply wonderful
                          "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Nietzsche

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2002

A few photos before I go off to work.

Good Book

Puts em to sleep

Ardent point to the south

Brewing Coffee

Ahhhh

Tess Up

Wakey Wakey time for eggs and breaky

Eggs for me and soup for Tess.

Comment

• uncas
                              Ancient Mariner
                              • Sep 2004

Good pics Joe
                              Eggs look a little runny for me. I'll take the soup.
                              Glad you two had a good time and am especially glad that Tess is leaning towards liking puff boats...
                              You are a good father!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...