PDA

View Full Version : Bush claims Bin Laden as bad as Hitler & Lenin

WX
09-05-2006, 07:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5318204.stm

I don't think so...and why Lenin and not Stalin?

ishmael
09-05-2006, 08:01 PM
He IS as bad as Hitler or Lenin. He and his ilk have a plan to institute a Muslim, autocratic, caliphate worldwide, with a little apocalypse in the middle.

How to deal with him is a question that so far hasn't been well answered by us, or anyone else involved in this. On reflection, I think the taking of Bagdad fit his plans to a tee.

Don't underestimate these people. They are smart, dedicated, living a religious myth that gives them the indestructible power of martrydom along with a certain wisdom. On reflection I think we've miscalculated, and they are winning.

P.S. Do you want them to win? Well of course not. I like the liberal West. Fighting them with our overwhelming force isn't going to work. I'm not sure what will. In my heart I feel this is going to be a huge blowup, much huger than you can imagine.

High C
09-05-2006, 08:12 PM
I don't think so...

:rolleyes:

Vernon Hunt
09-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Kill them ALL!!! The Fucking Towel heads are going to kill us if we don't ILLIMINATE them NOW!!!! The quicker you figure that out the better!!! Get Fucking REAL!!!!!!!

JimD
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Thank you for your insightful and measured reply, Vern.

BrianW
09-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Towel heads are going to kill us if we don't ILLIMINATE them NOW!!!!

I'll bring a flashlight. You did mean illuminate, right?

;)

Bob Adams
09-05-2006, 08:42 PM

Really!

Vernon Hunt
09-05-2006, 08:50 PM
My fucking spelling at this point is not important!!! If you spineless fucking wimps want to wear towels on your head GO AHEAD. But, move to some other country like IRAN and join there culture. This is America. We should get some BALLS and take care of the horrific problem that the goddam towelheads have brought to our shores. What the **** is wrong with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JimD
09-05-2006, 08:54 PM
What the **** is wrong with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me guess. Those asterixs represent letters of the alphabet?

Joe (SoCal)
09-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Bye Vern
It shouldn't be long now that 21st Century Member is replaced with banned ;)

Not for politics but for potty mouth ;)

ishmael
09-05-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm reminded of the last lines in "Chinatown." Spoken by a friend of Jake, who just saw a love gunned down in odd family disputes. "It's just Chinatown."

Keith Wilson
09-05-2006, 08:57 PM
He IS as bad as Hitler or Lenin. Suuuure he is. As bad in intent, perhaps, but not anywhere near as bad in actual capability. Hitler in 1939 was in charge of the world's most powerful military machine, a country of 87 million people, the highly organized resources of one of the world's largest and most productive economies, and the world's most advanced science and technology. Lenin ruled Russia, the world's largest country, with enormous resources and at least 90 million people (in 1924). Bin Laden runs a ragged bunch of losers that can't stand up to any national army on the planet, and who make random attacks on civilians because they can't do anything else. Equating the Islamist terrorists with Hitler or Lenin (yeah, why not Stalin?) is completely ridiculous.

Joe (SoCal)
09-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Let me guess. Those asterics represent letters of the alphabet?

What gets me is he uses the curse word in its entirety preceding it and then asterisks after :confused: :p Is it a new curse word ? :D

Vernon Hunt
09-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Joe.... You are an ASSHOLE SUPREME.... **** YOU and your CRAPPY FUCKING BOATS that you sloppily painted and call your own. You are an embarrassment to real builders. EAT **** and Die MOTHER FUCKER !!!!!!! Skin headed gap toothed WART!!!

BAN ME ASSHOLE. KEEP MAKING AN ASS OF YOURSELF!!!! OH! did I say **** YOU!!!!

Keith Wilson
09-05-2006, 09:11 PM
My, what an irascible fellow! Scott, I think we have someone who didn't read the forum's terms of use. In the meantime, let's see if I can find that "ignore " button . . . .

Paul G.
09-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Dutch!

glenallen
09-05-2006, 09:13 PM
The question arises, would I rather live next door to Bin Laden or Vern?

Phil Heffernan
09-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Mr Vernon

Please remember to take ALL of your medication before logging onto the WBF...

Thanking you in advance,

PH

Wild Wassa
09-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Bin Laden is totally deranged and so are most (if not all) of his followers.

They have one purpose in life. To kill non Moslems. Bin Laden's ridiculous statement recently about "convert or die," adds extra weight to my thoughts about removing Jehadists.

Abu Baka Bashir, is also totally deranged. For some reason he is allowed to get away with his warped comments and leadership of a terrorist organization and financing of extremists. He said just recently, "Anyone who insults the Prophet should be given rehabilitation and if they insult the Prophet a second time they should be put to death." What Prophet?

John Howard, said, "Abu Baka Bashir will not be allowed into Australia because of his extremist views." Abu Baka Bashir said, "I don't want to come."

John Howard our true savior, is just as bad as all deranged extremists. I would like to add Howard to the list of evil sociopaths. May their Gods sort them out ... and god help Howard if Bin Laden is the Prophet incarnate. (I hope that isn't viewed as a second insult.)

It is no good waiting for someone as ineffective as Bush to do it, to fight for our way of strife, so I nominate Ahud Olmert. He is a total psycho. He'll sort out the deranged Jehadists.

Go and get 'um Ahud ol'boy. Go boy, there is a good dog, go and get 'em boy. By the throat, kill.

The World's leaders are all as bad as each other ... and I'd like to add the criminal Bush to the list of sociopaths as well. It isn't the numbers killed that make a sociopath a sociopath.

Sacrificing the youth of a nation for corporate greed is as low as it gets.

Warren.

Don Olney
09-05-2006, 09:15 PM
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=60243

Birthday: April 26, 1946
Biography: R/C addict
Interests: R/C models
Forum Activity
Total Posts: 368
Post Rate: 0.70 posts/day
Last Activity: Yesterday 01:03 PM
Trader Rating: 0

Joe (SoCal)
09-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Joe.... You are an ASSHOLE SUPREME.... **** YOU and your CRAPPY FUCKING BOATS that you sloppily painted and call your own. You are an embarrassment to real builders. EAT **** and Die MOTHER FUCKER !!!!!!! Skin headed gap toothed WART!!!

BAN ME ASSHOLE. KEEP MAKING AN ASS OF YOURSELF!!!! OH! did I say **** YOU!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Thats a keeper one of the best ever :) :D :D :D

Real builder LOL go play with your toy models ..... Spew :D
FWIW I happen to enjoy a good RC model ;)

Vernon Hunt
09-05-2006, 09:25 PM
You guy's are a riot. Get some BALLS, or you will be speaking spanish and praying on rugs in the morning and afternoon.
I on the otherhand I will be building my boat and shootin possums that wander in the yard. No, you probably wouldn't want to live next door to me. I can only tolerate so much stupidity and wimpyness before I get my shotgun out. Or, in your case my rubberband gun, so it would only leave a small red mark. No wonder America is in so much trouble. With people like you willing to give it away so easily.:p

glenallen
09-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey Vern, who do you hate most, bin Laden, Joe, or yourself?

Vernon Hunt
09-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Joe, you have no idea what I have done in my life so far, and you will never know. But, I never have made myself out to be a rockstar because I repainted a boat. Give me a break!

Vernon Hunt
09-05-2006, 09:32 PM
glenallen..... Bin Laden

ishmael
09-05-2006, 09:35 PM
A drunk Dutch. I'd put odds on it.

Joe (SoCal)
09-05-2006, 09:41 PM
A drunk Dutch. I'd put odds on it.

Expired potted meat reaction ?

Vernon Hunt
09-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I like the sound of this Dutch person. Must be an outspoken fellow. Or is he just Dutch?

Paul G.
09-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Our Vern,

That good old gun totin' raghead hatin' frame cuttin' boy

http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/image.php?u=11814&dateline=1144698330&type=profile

LeeG
09-05-2006, 09:58 PM
now this is quality bilge

JimD
09-05-2006, 10:10 PM
My brother had possums living over his garage. Cute lil critters.

Joe (SoCal)
09-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Our Vern,

That good old gun totin' raghead hatin' frame cuttin' boy

http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/image.php?u=11814&dateline=1144698330&type=profile

Think he's been nipping on that thinner :D

Memphis Mike
09-05-2006, 10:29 PM
LOL. We haven't had one of these in awhile.:D

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Bush isn't much of a speechifier. Mostly, he takes a page from Ronald Reagan and says whatever word his handlers dream up. Of course, Reagan was an actor and it always seemed he was saying his own words.
We all know that any attempts at extemporaneous speaking leave Bush's audience with a compulsive urge to scratch their heads.
Right now Bush is trying to quench the fires of ever worsening poll numbers for himself and all his party mates who must run for re-election.
The rhetoric has gotten a bit overblown but, that is what happens when you try to snatch ignominy from the jaws of defeat.

Wild Dingo
09-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Funny... words like shyte have to be changed to get them on here or they get the **** treatment but words like F..k and F..king appear?

Vernon... theres absolutely NO REASON whatever for words such as those used by yourself to be used in any context on this board in this post or anywhere else!

All it shows is your very limited ability to use the imagination you were given and the education you were taught... and puts shame on you your family your parents and anyone else who considers you to be a person of any worth.

I dont find it humorous or even slightly worthy... you can do better... try it... try to elludicate us with your brilliant intellect instead of this appalling gutter vomit :mad:

ishmael
09-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Keith, re the lack of apparent power of the Islamist v. a Hitler.

These people are very smart. They realise they haven't the state power of a Hitler, yet. But if we continue to give fodder, they will have.

I'm pushing to divorce from that whole region, somehow. I think finding ways to be independent of the energy needs would be a huge start.

We don't understand it well. Why should we, except oil?

Lee said we can't have energy independence, but I disagree. It WILL take some compromise, but if we wanted it we'd be independent of all these whankers in a decade.

LeeG
09-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Jack,,do some research on the issue. We are the largest consumer of energy and the largest economy, to think we would give up access to the lowest cost energy because it comes from a foreign place (Canada,Mexico,Africa, SouthAmerica?) makes as much sense as a business in Maine only using services and materials made entirely in Maine.

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Mr. Vernon,
Being an American I want to win. And if winning means using one's head so as not to bite off too big a chunk, so be it.
What we are involved in, now, is like a drunken brawl where nobody can remember why we started busting heads in the first place. And it seems we have picked up a lot more enemies along our tortured path. Not good! Neither on the playground nor on the battlefield.
As it stands we are on our way to bankrupting the United States which is is reported to have been one of bin Laden's battle plans when he first went after us.
I think there is something taught in our military acadamies about not doing what the enemy wants.

pipefitter
09-06-2006, 12:06 AM
LOL...Vernon isn't deranged. Y'all have him pissed off and he was most likely quitting the forum anyways. I am sure others have and have thought of leaving with a bang.The events in the world alone and the constant awareness of these things can push people over the edge sometimes. I've seen alot of TMI posts on here and alot of sniveling and I can't for the life of me figure why so many want to hang out so much laundry in the right of way.So beyond the cursing,dysfunction is dysfunction, beyond words, which can only be held for face value and in the liberal view of things,O'l Vern is just practicing his freedom of speech and I would think that more would be applauding?You guys are worrying me now and are actually awaiting the arrival of the almighty hand of censorship?

I wonder how many emails Scot has gotten? When things like this happen and there is to do's, we just handle it ourselves and don't take offense nor seek authority...If it was my post,I would just delete it and start over.

ishmael
09-06-2006, 12:10 AM
We disagree, Lee. There's an IMMENSE amount of coal in this country. All it would take would be the will.

I'm off to bed now, just so you know I'm not ignoring you.

BrianW
09-06-2006, 12:12 AM
LOL...Vernon isn't deranged.

Well, he wasn't exactly calm, the first couple times he posted on this thread. Heck, I almost agree with him (except the 'kill'em all' part) but realize going over the top is no way to make a point.

pipefitter
09-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Well yeah , but it made things interesting and it made me laugh so it had a good purpose too. I could almost hear him! LOL

pipefitter
09-06-2006, 12:30 AM
I'm still laughing at this one :)

Lew Barrett
09-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Me too, but, like WX, I'm also still wondering why Bush settled on Lenin. Chuck already addressed that and in so doing identified the core of the issue.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
09-06-2006, 02:51 AM
Bush,Bin Laden,Hitler and Lennin.....

W claims that X [is] as bad as Y and Z.

Full perm.

martin schulz
09-06-2006, 03:43 AM
Don't get distracted!

If Bush thinks Bin Laden is as bad as Hitler & Lenin (the Lenin-Stalin mistake looks like poor historic knowledge) why didn't the US go after him.
Instead they put much effort in convincing us that Saddam Hussein is as bad as Hitler & Lenin/Stalin.
Now things are looking bad in Iraq and the country is on the verge of civil war, US troops are suffering losses, no signs of the people/flowers thing, Saddam looking rediculous in court...Bin Laden is a major issue again?

Talk about deliberate distraction...

Phillip Allen
09-06-2006, 03:49 AM
Good gawd, I leave you guys alone for a while and there's a hair pullin fight. I tell ya, if you leave the screen door ajar then rude creatures will wonder in.

Perhaps we should take the liberal view and if we love and understand him he will tame down.

BrianW
09-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Don't get distracted!

If Bush thinks Bin Laden is as bad as Hitler & Lenin (the Lenin-Stalin mistake looks like poor historic knowledge) why didn't the US go after him.

Yep, that never happened...

formerlyknownasprince
09-06-2006, 04:41 AM
It was said when he was first elected that he didn't know the rest of the world existed. I suppose he remembers Marx from Duck Soup or a Night at the Opera.

BrianW
09-06-2006, 04:49 AM
It was said when he was first elected that he didn't know the rest of the world existed. I suppose he remembers Marx from Duck Soup or a Night at the Opera.

When he was first elected, there was no 9/11. For whatever reason, this country was tired of Billy Bob, and it should have been a landslide for Al Gore.

Strange that didn't happen. Perhaps the people understood the future better than than the experts?

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
09-06-2006, 05:04 AM
When he was first elected, there was no 9/11. For whatever reason, this country was tired of Billy Bob, and it should have been a landslide for Al Gore.

Strange that didn't happen. Perhaps the people understood the future better than than the experts?

Perhaps they felt a need for some entertainment and hired a comedian.

Milo Christensen
09-06-2006, 05:56 AM
Hitler / Lenin / Bin Laden. Creators of ideologies used to enlist and manipulate susceptible ideologues.

Hitler could recruit from 87,000,000 in war/depression ravaged Germany.
Lenin could recruit from 90,000,000 in war ravaged Russia.

Bin Laden can recruit from 1,000,000,000 in some of the poorest countries in the world and is funded by the immense wealth of mid-east oil.

Bin Laden and his myriad supporters recruit from a ideologue pool ten times larger than either Hitler or Lenin. The opportunity to do more damage than Hitler/Lenin combined exists.

I don't have a problem with the comparisons that are being made. But what Bin Laden has to do with Irag/n sort of mystifies me.

martin schulz
09-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Somehow I remember a phrase like: ....no matter under which stone Bin Laden is hiding... prior to the decision to move into Iraq.

LeeG
09-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Milo, you are mixing together a population that is in conflict with itself, Bin Laden can't recruit from a billion muslims unless a billion muslims are united by a common threat. So far that's not the case but it wouldn't be wise to provide one. Your formula makes as much sense as saying Billy Graham can recruit from a billion catholics.

If you haven't read the Vulcans or the history and principle characters around the 1992 Defense Planning Guidance you might, it would help explain the connection to Iraq. The connection to invading Iraq isn't inherent in Iraq, the motivation is all ours. The use of an evil other hides our motivations. Saddam, Osama, Zarqawi are real threats but also real focal points hiding our internal motivations/politics. It's mystifying because our rhetoric explains our actions as a consequence of the bad man in the evil country while leaving out a whole kit bag of internal machinations in the US. To me it's more of a tragedy.

Milo Christensen
09-06-2006, 07:45 AM
...Bin Laden can't recruit from a billion muslims unless a billion muslims are united by a common threat.. .

What is the size of the Islamic-fundamentalist-violently-opposed-to-Western-Democracy pool? I know it's enormous.

It's still appropriate to lump them all as mass murderers.

ishmael
09-06-2006, 07:55 AM
We did go after Bin Laden, and by some estimates killed or captured almost ninety percent of his soldiers. Our mistake was in not finishing him, and getting distracted by this debacle in Iraq. It was a brief window after those towers came down when the world supported it, and made Bin Laden an almost universal outlaw. We, frankly, blew it. Why isn't exactly clear, but the thinking at the top of the US administration is largely to blame.

Looking at the histories coming out of that time, people who were there, CIA, US ARMY, one could almost buy that these weren't simple mistakes, that people in power didn't want Osama eliminated. But we shan't go there.

We went to war in Iraq, got distracted by largely trumped up things. If we'd put just a little energy into rooting out the corruption in the UN, Saddam wouldn't have been a threat. But war plans were in place. It was part of a master plan to democratize the region

Maybe in a parallel universe better decisions were made.

We did what we did, and now we have to deal with it. Osama was on the ropes circa 2002, but we've given him not just another round, we've made it possible for him to win.

George Bush isn't terribly bright. The people who stood behind him will have to answer to history on this one. One real question at this point is who is going to write that history? I, a peon, have already made my mea culpas. I was sucked into the rhetoric, the touted threat, and I was wrong.

We've made a bollux of the situation, but looking back and pointing out mistakes isn't an answer to the very serious problem we've got now. What are we going to do next?

TomF
09-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Vern, I towelled my hair dry this morning. Be afraid ... be very **** afraid.

The islamist threat is real, but I disagree with comparisons of Bin Laden and Lenin or Hitler. The structure of his organization doesn't depend on him as a charismatic leader - the ideology itself is what catches up the extremists. Hitler or Lenin were each essential to their respective movements, and those movements could have been halted by their deaths.

Not so with Islamist extremism. It's less organized, less efficient in a hierarchical sense, but likely more pervasive and resilient because of that semi-autonomous structure.

LeeG
09-06-2006, 08:20 AM
What is the size of the Islamic-fundamentalist-violently-opposed-to-Western-Democracy pool? I know it's enormous.

It's still appropriate to lump them all as mass murderers.

that makes as much sense as lumping together all western arms manufacturers as facillitators of mass murder. oh hell,,we're quibbling over words. Time for toast

Ian McColgin
09-06-2006, 08:34 AM
There is an analogy of sorts to Hitler: A national leader dubiously elected, supported by a corporate-military complex and whipping up enemies both at home and abroad to distract from destructive economic policies and deliberate subversion of human rights. Further analogy of operation: Self-destructively incompetent klypocracy.

But it's not bin Laden.

The phenomenon of a trans-national religious-cultural is not by any means new to Islam but given the pleasant prosperity of the industrial west, that puritanical asceticism may not be so sustainable as it once was.

Meanwhile, Bush and his party refuse to understand that this is not war in any nation-on-nation sense. Bush and his party refuse to treat this terrorism as the pathological criminality it is. Bush and his party created war policies to kill civilians thus creating more terrorists. Bush and his party use the wars and any available natural disasters for the profit of their corporate partners. Bush and his party subvert constitutional processes and our civil liberties.

These are the people that will destroy our nation through their dictatorial over-reaching just as surely as Hitler destroyed Germany. Regrettably, if Bush and his party manage to destroy the USA, it will take down both the global economy and any global movement towards democracy. There will be no enlightened powers to give us a Marshall Plan.

Yep. There's an analogy but it's not to bin Laden.

brad9798
09-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I think Vernon passed out sometime just after 9:42pm last night ... ;)

Vern? You up yet? How 'bout a beer!

John of Phoenix
09-06-2006, 10:50 AM
:D brad! :D ROTFLMAO! :D
:D Oh, oh, ouch, :D I think I've hurt myself! :D :D

Ian, that was great.

Osborne Russell
09-06-2006, 12:59 PM
I don't know about a towel on the head but a caftan sure is nice after body surfing all day.

Ed Harrow
09-07-2006, 10:39 PM
My fucking spelling at this point is not important!!! If you spineless fucking wimps want to wear towels on your head GO AHEAD. But, move to some other country like IRAN and join there culture. This is America. We should get some BALLS and take care of the horrific problem that the goddam towelheads have brought to our shores. What the **** is wrong with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this is curious. If one types 'ing' (or, perhaps merely 'y' the naughty word gets printed. What a priceless piece of knowledge you have given us Mr Hunt. You make Victor look like a piker. "Inform [yourself] we need no more of your advice."

Lucky Luke
09-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Hitler could recruit from 87,000,000 in war/depression ravaged Germany.
Lenin could recruit from 90,000,000 in war ravaged Russia.

Bin Laden can recruit from 1,000,000,000 in some of the poorest countries in the world and is funded by the immense wealth of mid-east oil.

I very seldom agree with you, Milo, but I think that you make an interesting point.

The danger is effectively the huge number of people, and not necessarily muslim, who more and more profoundly hate westerners. US above all, well above.

The comparison of OBL with Hitler (or Lenin/ Stalin) is not valid however, in the sense that these were head of states, people who had possibility to give orders and have direct action, through Gestapo, Vopos, on "their" people. The direct action of OBL on "his" people is quasi non existing. He does not have much possibilities to communicate but by sending a tape to Al Jazeera TV, can't even give an order but shout "jihad-jihad jihad" like any oter muslim-extremist during a demonstration. No more voice than that. He is a figure, an example, not a governing person.

Trouble - big trouble - is that there is a growing part of the world who is just waiting for a leader. A real one. The moment this one will be found, there may be one billion people rallying him. That is wat should be considered. And it does scare me!

By the way: thanks Vernon! That's the good old bilge stinking its foul smell here again! I was missing it: so neat, so clean, so polite! No more spice, fists, kicks, beautiful insults, real testosterone! Aaaaah, what a nice stench again!

doorstop
09-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Maybe because you Americans apparently have so many intellectually challenged, vicious people like "Vern the Worm" that you are held in such low rewgard by the bulk of the worlds population and perhaps this has led to the position you find your selves in, losing a war, losing a way of life and perhaps losing your civilisation altogether. Unfortunately many countries like my own are tied irretrievably to your apron strings and we shall most likely join you all in oblivion......

WX
09-08-2006, 05:56 AM
Well put Ian.
My, thatVernon's a card ain't he...and sooo forceful :D

LeeG
09-08-2006, 07:11 AM
doorstop, it's time for a song.."oh we'll all go together when we go, in one incandescent glow!"

but seriously folks, does it help to make debatable comparisons with 70yr old history when there's probably worthwhile issues to understand right now? ie. oil/gas agreements in central asia and how they affect our involvement in the region. Osama is bad, but he didn't figure into the neo-cons vision of managing future superpower threats as much as growing nations states.

from my buddy Juan:

Afghanistan is especially important to Washington because it is the only plausible way to bring natural gas down from Turkmenistan to Pakistan and India. The Turkmenistan alternative is being used to push Delhi away from any flirtation with an Iranian pipeline.

As Afghanistan falls again into substantial chaos, India is being forced to reconsider, and to seek to draw on Iran's Yadavan fields, with a pipeline coming down through Pakistani Baluchistan and over to the Indian border.

The turn for the worst in Afghanistan may explain the sudden warming of relations between Delhi and Tehran. Indian PM Manmohan Singh called up Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and stressed the need to fast track the pipeline project, which had seemed dead earlier this summer. (Last spring the pro-Iranian minister of petroleum had been fired, and some assumed it had been in part as a result of American pressure).

By deserting Afghanistan to run off to war in Iraq, Bush ensured that it would risk falling again into social turbulence, and thus helped seal the fate of the Turkmenistan pipeline through Herat (wouldn't the Taliban just blow it up?)

In turn, that may have ensured that Iran would be able to sidestep US sanctions by dealing, not only with China, but also with India.

And that may mean that Bush let the big fish get away by getting bogged down in Iraq, which is turning out not to be any prize for him, either.

It is like the Aesop's Fable where the dog with a piece of meet in its mouth crosses a bridge and sees its reflection, and hungers for the reflected meat, but in grabbing at the mirage, drops the piece already in its mouth, and ends up with nothing.

posted by Juan @ 9/08/2006 06:36:00 AM 0 comments

Vernon Hunt
09-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Went to my AA meeting yesterday.... feel much better now! Actually I passed out at 10:06....

PatCox
09-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Lots of people are as bad a Hitler and Stalin or Lenin. And I mean lots, people need to recognize that evil is very common, even evil on the level of Hitler, it is only the ability to do so much damage, to put that evil into practice on a large scale, that is rare. Fortunately most are either restrained by institutional strictures (as our American presidents are restrained by our form of government) , or by lack of resources. Saddam never had the resources.

Cats are evil incarnate, but my cat does not present the level of threat Nazi germany presented during WWII.

JimD
09-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Our cats are little four legged angels.