PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse not now, but August 22

Osborne Russell
07-31-2006, 05:32 PM
According to the Shiite Muslim tradition, of which Ahmadinejad is a strong follower, the 12th imam, or the so-called “hidden” Imam Mahdi, has miraculously been kept alive since his disappearance in 874 AD.

The revered Imam is set to return at a time of great global chaos, war and bloodshed, after which an era of Islamic justice will be ushered in.

Some believe that Imam Mahdi will be returning some time this August, also the time some military experts predict that Iran will be ready to construct its first nuclear weapon.

Also important to note is that fact that August 22 of the current year also corresponds with the Islamic date of Rajab 28. This day is the same day on which the great Saladin conquered and entered Jerusalem, further evidence of Ahmadinejad’s belief in the regional importance of the date chosen by him to report to the West.

Apparently, Ahmadinejad sees himself as an instrument to pave the way for the arrival of Imam Mahdi as well as an important successor to Saladin in terms of the liberation of Jerusalem. He has reportedly used public appearances on a number of occasions to make clear his confidence that he and other true believers can affect the apocalyptic timetable, urging Iranians to prepare to back him in the momentous endeavor at hand.

Though many maintain that such connections many be coincidental at best, time will tell whether or not Ahmadinejad is in fact attempting to influence the coming of Imam Mahdi and a return of worldwide Islamic justice, Jerusalem included.

© 2006 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

The Big Kahuna of Iran will give us his answer on nukes August 22. He believes in a guy that has "miraculously been kept alive since his disappearance in 874 AD" but his choice of the date of Saladin's conquest of Jerusalem probably has nothing to do with provoking the apocalypse foretold by his absurd beliefs. Probably his calendar was booked until then.

huisjen
07-31-2006, 06:22 PM
I thought I heard that the 12th imam and Geebus were doing tequila jello shooters in Dick Cheney's undisclosed location. Before each round they'd turn to each other and one would say, "Second Coming?", and the other would say, "I don't think so!"

KNOCKABOUT
07-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Damn, and the boat show's the next weekend, and already bought tickets... Think I can get an "apocolyptic refund?"