PDA

View Full Version : Iraq was close to bomb according to Aljazeera

sdowney717
07-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Reading this I was struck by the thought, just substitute Iran for Iraq.
Read article, and see if you agree especially where they talk about uranium enrichment.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/8A8E349D-9A46-4AAC-81CE-526C23D08E4B.htm

Wild Wassa
07-24-2006, 08:13 AM
A couple of Australian journos from the Chaser News Network, wanting to prove that Americans know nothing about the world, on the map of the world, substituted Iran for Australia and visited Zoo York with it.

This happened just after the shrub's famous axis of evil speech. They did it to prove that Americans know nothing about the world, to prove how worldly Americans really aren't.

Not one American interviewed and who was shown the map of the world twigged that Australia was not Iran. All of the Americans questioned about invading Iran thought it could be a good idea then.

I still lose sleep at night fearing that the US might bomb us into oblivion by mistake, :rolleyes: .

Warren.

geeman
07-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Theres no WAY we would want to harm all those Roo's yall have there,,,,,,,,,,

Phillip Allen
07-24-2006, 08:17 AM
It ain't that bad...they were leading the witless

All the same, history is taught by football coaches and no one teaches gergraphy anymore...pityful

Phillip Allen
07-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Theres no WAY we would want to harm all those Roo's yall have there,,,,,,,,,,

Randy Newman agrees...

Paul Pless
07-24-2006, 08:35 AM
I still lose sleep at night fearing that the US might bomb us into oblivion by mistake

Well it least it would take Fosters off the market.:D

That stuff is awefull man!

Phillip Allen
07-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Well it least it would take Fosters off the market.:D

That stuf is awefull man!

your friends would bring it home as war booty

geeman
07-24-2006, 08:57 AM
I wish my Aussies friends would stop sending us Vegamite,Its costing way too much to send it back,,,,,,,,

LeeG
07-24-2006, 09:22 AM
then again Pakistan with a twentyfold increase in plutonium production sounds interesting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/23/AR2006072300737.html

Pakistan has begun building what independent analysts say is a powerful new reactor for producing plutonium, a move that, if verified, would signal a major expansion of the country's nuclear weapons capabilities and a potential new escalation in the region's arms race.

Satellite photos of Pakistan's Khushab nuclear site show what appears to be a partially completed heavy-water reactor capable of producing enough plutonium for 40 to 50 nuclear weapons a year, a 20-fold increase from Pakistan's current capabilities, according to a technical assessment by Washington-based nuclear experts.

Wild Wassa
07-24-2006, 10:11 AM
"That stuff is awefull man!"

Fosters lager is only a drink for kids, so is that Carlton draught lolly water. Paul wrap your laughing gear around a longneck of Victorian Bitter better known here as VB. Or better still, try Australia's first ever beer, which is still made to the original recipe, James Squires beer, that got the convict maker 100 lashes when he was found making it.

geeman, Vegemite? ... Vegemite on toast, is the other breakfast of Champions. Try the breakfast of Champions, in the right order.

Now back to the bomb.

Pakistan is becoming a basket case nation and certainly a nation who shouldn't have the bomb. In the recent provincial elections in Pashawa in the north of Pakistan where the Taliban's influence and support is solid and where Ossama is being given sanctuary, so the wise heads say, the Sharia vote went up ten fold. Not that the locals wanted to vote for the Islamist radicals, but all the other parties are pro American, so the protest vote ruled supreme. If America keeps supporting the death of moslems, as it is viewed by moslems, and others in the west including myself,... expect a kaboom!

It wouldn't take too many other provincial elections in Pakistan to go down the Sharia path, like they have in Pashawa, before the 'nest of angels' would want to take a short cut to paradice via New York ... and they already have the big KABOOM! Be careful with your next long term investments, you might not need them, to mature.

Worrying about Iran at this stage is another mistake being made be the inept US Administration. When Musharif goes, who else have they got Imran Khan? ... sorry I forgot, he (and he is one of the moderates) is under house arrest for speaking out against Musharif's selling out to the US and the US's Middle Eastern attrocities.

Talking about selling out ... how is Shrub's poodle Tony B Liar? "Can I go to the middle East George?" "No!" England the sovereign nation is just like Australia. Deputy dogs.

Warren.

John of Phoenix
07-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Don't forget dubya recently gave India the green light to ignore the nuclear nonproliferation treaty (not that they ever signed it in the first place) and build as many bombs as they want.

In this age of war by proxy, Pakistan is left to India.

Wild Wassa
07-24-2006, 10:35 AM
John, in which direction does the wind blow off the Kashmir?

If it is from the NW ... Dingo will be able to play glow-in-the-dark before I can.

My miserable wretched life is now in Allah's hands ... it might be time to convert, but I don't think Allah would want competition.

Warren.

Meerkat
07-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Jet stream blows west to east.

Nicholas Carey
07-24-2006, 02:54 PM
John, in which direction does the wind blow off the Kashmir?

If it is from the NW ... Dingo will be able to play glow-in-the-dark before I can.AFAIK, prevailing winds and jetstreams don't usually cross the equator. You guys downunder should be [relatively] safe.

huisjen
07-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Anybody else read "On The Beach"?

It gets everywhere eventually.

I admit I'm not in the habbit of believeing everything Al Jazeera says.

Dan