PDA

View Full Version : A close call

Phillip Allen
07-24-2006, 06:25 AM
There are seven of us kids ranging from 73 down to 42 in age. Four of us live like hermits or at least by ourselves. Yesterday my 73 year old brother was found in his bed and unable to respond…the best we can make out he had been immobilized for at least a day and a half and possibly one day more than that; he has been unable to speak to anyone yet. He was badly dehydrated and has an infection which had nearly gotten him shut down permanently and now is in hospital from where I just walked. He has had a very close call and must now fight in his misery for days to get back to any kind of normalcy. He will be frightened.

geeman
07-24-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm so sorry Phil,It must be very hard for you to "maintain" right now.Hang in there

LeeG
07-24-2006, 09:26 AM
sorry to hear Phil, that must be a shock.

Phillip Allen
07-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Leon is out of the hospital and staying with one of his daughters...

I might mention that there was a time in the past when Leon sailed all over beaver lake in a 14 foot cat boat...many days alone in the small craft as he perused his avocation of archaeology in the bluffs above the old White River...

Meerkat
07-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Best wishes, Phil.

PeterSibley
07-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Ouch !!:( Not good Phil...I hope he come out of it OK.There are real dangers in living by yourself , for all the pleasures of solitude .A mate of mine had been living alone for quite a while,then met a new lady friend .Shortly thereafter she was examining him in detail :) and discovered a large melanoma in the centre of his back.He went to the doctor and had it removed .Another 6 weeks and it would have all been over .:(

Leon m
07-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Sorry I missed this before ...best wishes.

Tristan
07-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Damn, sorry to hear that and hoping he's on the mend and back to health soon. When I read your post I thought jeeze, must be tough to be that old and have sh-t happen. Then I thought, "Damn, I'm 73, and I've had s-hit happen." Good luck!