PDA

View Full Version : It just ain't right!

Bill R
07-08-2006, 11:35 AM
I have spent the morning working on a much overdue cleaning of the boat shop, er...garage.

I discovered that SWMBO and my step-daughter have been using my portable table saw as a POTTING BENCH! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Is nothing sacred?!

geeman
07-08-2006, 11:38 AM
ME? I would take the saw in the house, and saw up a few boards on the kitchen table,then pick up the saw and walk out and not say a word.

Phillip Allen
07-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Imagine, if you will, loud cackling laughter here...

Phillip Allen
07-08-2006, 11:39 AM
ME? I would take the saw in the house, and saw up a few boards on the kitchen table,then pick up the saw and walk out and not say a word.

Female logic running the way it often does, it won't work, they won't get it.

geeman
07-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Of course it wont work Phil,,but it would make ME feel better LOL

Kim Whitmyre
07-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Our kitchen sink has been stopped up for 2 days now and my wife wants me to call a plumber!! :eek:

geeman
07-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Yep Kim,I spent thurs under the house cutting the drain to the kitchen sink,cleanning out the drain line( my auger wasnt long enough) and then installing a screw on fitting so next time I can simply unscrew the damn thing and clean it out in a cple of minutes.Plus gotta buy a new auger just in case.

Mrleft8
07-09-2006, 06:55 AM
What is it with women and sink drains? I never had a single clogged drain in my life until Carter moved in 6 years ago. Since then I've had to clear the drain 4 times!
ME:"Look dear, it's a DRAIN, not a garbage disposal. Drains are for water, not large wads of food and waste paper..."
Carter: "Well that's just stupid..."

Milo Christensen
07-09-2006, 07:09 AM
I discovered that SWMBO and my step-daughter have been using my portable table saw as a POTTING BENCH!

It seems that brownie points could be earned by using the portable table saw to build a POTTING BENCH. One should never pass up the opportunity to build something simple for SWMBO. The project, however, should always require the purchase of at least one additional nifty tool.

We need something like a potting bench, and I've got my eye on a piece of surplus stainless steel about 2 feet wide by 5 feet long at work that used to be connected to the output end of some printer or another that's long gone. I'm thinking about building a counter top next to the grill, which is close to the little storage area for the gardening tools. Mucho, mucho brownie points and I get a place to put stuff when grilling, which means that SWMBO has to clean it off if she actually uses it for a potting bench.

The project involves buying some tool for cutting stainless steel.

Think, boy, think.

Mrleft8
07-09-2006, 07:14 AM
A tool for cutting stainless steel would be a 12,000 pound pnuematic sheer...... :D

Old Sailor
07-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh what the heck, just go out and git potted.
Old Sailor

John B
07-09-2006, 06:52 PM
I have access to buckets. No , don't laugh. 20 litre buckets our glue comes in. white and useful. So many of the suckers that they use em for sweepinga and chuck em. Trick is to leave the residual glue in them for a week or so and then you haul it all out of the bucket in one go like a big plastic bag and they come out like new.
So I takes the buckets home thinking " useful" but every time I go for one its full of dirt/plant cuttings/blood and bone/sand/ the broken bricksfrom the old path... you get the idea.
So I take MORE buckets home so I can have ONE.
NO,silly idea, sand dirt etc etc in every single one.Need a clean bucket, be prepared to dump one out and wash it.

So the moral is: It doesn't matter how many potting benches ( or buckets)you have , anything that looks like a flat surface( will hold something) will be a gardening supplemental device.

I'm just happy I don't ride a motorbike because my helmet would be used for the agapanthas.

Milo Christensen
07-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Ahhh, buckets. Here they collect rain water, which there hasn't been any in recent memory. So, tap water is put in them and then has to sit to get rid of the chlorine and come to ambient temperature. I used one five gallon bucket to mix up three gallons of paint so they would all be the same color. I had to wash the bucket under supervision. I also try, when working on a multi-day project, to keep all the project parts and tools in a bucket. The operative word here is try.

B_B
07-10-2006, 12:56 PM
It seems that brownie points could be earned by using the portable table saw to build a POTTING BENCH. One should never pass up the opportunity to build something simple for SWMBO. The project, however, should always require the purchase of at least one additional nifty tool....Think, boy, think.

EXACTLY! Milo hit the nail on the head. In order to get gardening stuff out of my boat shop I am planning on building a greenhouse/potting shed/garden tool storage shed along the southern wall of the garage/boat shop.

In the mean time she has to make do with a small garden shed and the kitchen (whenever something gardening or wife related finds its way into the boat shop I move it to where it belongs...when she asks me where it is I say, innocently, didn't you leave it in the gardening shed?)

Popeye
07-10-2006, 01:17 PM
you could get her some new power tools , gift wrapped of course