PDA

View Full Version : Pirates...

Phillip Allen
07-07-2006, 08:23 PM
http://us.f503.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=2441_995447_31022_1364_7458_0_657 90_31696_778988774&Idx=11&YY=39811&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&inc=50&order=up&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&box=Inbox

BTW...why do they always do that? look at the pistol in the pic...the frizzen is open...can't go off

huisjen
07-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Sez my login has expired.

Dan

Phillip Allen
07-07-2006, 08:30 PM
dunno...it's the History channel

Sunday night at 7 central. Pirates and Caribbean history of them

Phillip Allen
07-07-2006, 08:41 PM
MODERN MARVELS: Pirate Tech
Sunday, July 9 @ 7/6C

Bold, cunning, and audacious, pirates are a breed of fighting men and women who have terrorized the high seas. At the height of their power in the 1700s pirates literally influenced the fate of nations when they became embroiled in the rivalry between England and Spain. This special will explore a pirate's world and includes a look at how many of them modified their ships to make them faster and more powerful.

RETURN OF THE PIRATES
Sunday, July 16 @ 8/7C

Piracy is making a comeback. Intelligence indicates that pirates and terrorists are merging tactics as over 90% of international trade travels by water. Nations and corporations are racing to protect themselves and their goods. Today's pirate is organized, political, and will command world attention once again.

pipefitter
07-08-2006, 12:03 AM
I don't know why ships don't arm themselves with water cannons.They could knock everyone down and sink their vessel all at once.

Phillip Allen
07-08-2006, 07:20 AM
Remember the RPG fired on the liner off Somalia? I saw the pic and even me with a common Garand rifle would have had them all before another could have been fired (they had alread fired one)...they would be dead or dying in (and this is the rub for the liner corp) front of all the passengers watching...a matter of seconds.

geeman
07-08-2006, 10:48 AM
And to think of all the families that go to Disney World to see pirate shows.They could take a cruise and get a feel 1st hand of what its like to be in the middle of a pirate attack.My opinion here is when they come within range and start firing,Fire back,make sure the ship has good firepower.If they KNOW they will be fired on I think most would back off.They prey on the back that most ships or boats will submit.

Meerkat
07-08-2006, 12:13 PM
MODERN MARVELS: Pirate Tech
Sunday, July 9 @ 7/6C

Bold, cunning, and audacious, pirates are a breed of fighting men and women who have terrorized the high seas. At the height of their power in the 1700s pirates literally influenced the fate of nations when they became embroiled in the rivalry between England and Spain. This special will explore a pirate's world and includes a look at how many of them modified their ships to make them faster and more powerful.

RETURN OF THE PIRATES
Sunday, July 16 @ 8/7C

Piracy is making a comeback. Intelligence indicates that pirates and terrorists are merging tactics as over 90% of international trade travels by water. Nations and corporations are racing to protect themselves and their goods. Today's pirate is organized, political, and will command world attention once again.Please tell me this is not what you consider credible news?!?! :eek:

Piracy on shipping in SE Asia has been a problem for the past couple of decades, if not from the beginning of time! ;)

Smacks of being hype 'n tripe of the worst kind! :D

Phillip Allen
07-08-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm not interested in news, I just thought it might be interesting

PeterSibley
07-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Remember the RPG fired on the liner off Somalia? I saw the pic and even me with a common Garand rifle would have had them all before another could have been fired (they had alread fired one)...they would be dead or dying in (and this is the rub for the liner corp) front of all the passengers watching...a matter of seconds.
Agreed ,I thought the same .One security guard with an LMG .